Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Falls on July 4th... Again. grin

Funny how most folks consider the holiday "July 4th"... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What are your plans?

Got any?
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Cooking, putting American flags on Veteran graves, bringing food to our friend tending bar, shooting the AR15.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Flags and banners out
Grill something, drink a cool one and a salute to those who served, especially my grand father for WW1
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Going to spend the day at the range. There are some other old geezers who will likely be doing the same so a good day will be had by all. If they dont show up that's OK too. I count 14 boxes of new test loads that need testing plus some fireforming between everything else. I wont get to them all but gunpowder smells better than bullsheets.
Flags are out , just work though.
Posted By: johnt189 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Going to spend the day at the range. There are some other old geezers who will likely be doing the same so a good day will be had by all. If they dont show up that's OK too. I count 14 boxes of new test loads that need testing plus some fireforming between everything else. I wont get to them all but gunpowder smells better than bullsheets.

Going to the range too the same thing your doing testing new loads and fireforming brass Plus need my fix of burnt cordite wait I am telling my age I meant gunpowder I need my fix
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Some chores then small family bbq.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Likely move hay till late, BBQ pork ribs at our daughter's place, fireworks three blocks away. Sleep.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Chilling at home.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
My slow net won't let me post Yankee Doodle Dandy, James Cangney
Posted By: slumlord Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Middle son is on a break between college summer classes

Is going to have 1/2 dozen young ladies and buds down tonight for redneck front yard fireworks extravaganza.

In one hour I will grill them some burgers and franks, slice up some watermelon...Low key, shoot pool, BS

3 are already here- I commandeered him and his party guests got them to move an arc welder, a drill press press, a refrigerator, and some plywood from one building to our newest shop. 👍😀

20 minutes and done!!
Fishing until about 9 am. Later going to my son n law and daughter’s to visit with a few family and friends. Found some EH Taylor a few weeks ago, so me and my grandsons other grandpa will sip a little bourbon and tell the boys the ways of the world.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Load .223 ammo.
Probably make some chicken fried steak, a pot of beans, mashed taters, a maybe a peach cobbler.

Then take a nap in the heat of the day... smile
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Celebrate 12344magJR's birthday, do a little work and maybe get some fishin' in.

Damn been awhile since I had chicken fried steak.
nothing this year.
Still recouping from 2 surgeries.

But, as soon as I get well, that grill will be full.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Man, I'll have you over for some if you can!

I make it the old way. Pan fried... not deep fried. Use hand picked cutlets, use the grease drippings and cracklin's it's fried in to make a big batch of buttermilk gravy to go over the steak, taters, and a couple of buttered rolls. smile

So good it'll make ya slap you mama! laugh
Trust me If I ever head to Texas Ill post up here and see how many invites I can get.

Wish we hadn't lost touch with my grandfather's brother and his family when they moved to Mesquite in the 70's.
We’re having ours today, the Kid is with her mom and that half of her family tomorrow. Divorce sucks, but ya do what you can.

My son got to sit inside with the AC and cable, I got to sit outside in the sun for two and a half hours while the Kid played in the pool crazy First actual sunburn I’ve had in years.

It weren’t all bad, there were three actual hotties sunbathing out by the pool. I didn’t think women did that any more.

Turns out Grandkids are a chick magnet, who knew? smile
Trust me If I ever head to Texas Ill post up here and see how many invites I can get.

Wish we hadn't lost touch with my grandfather's brother and his family when they moved to Mesquite in the 70's.

You are welcome any time!
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Range time!!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Man, I'll have you over for some if you can!

I make it the old way. Pan fried... not deep fried. Use hand picked cutlets, use the grease drippings and cracklin's it's fried in to make a big batch of buttermilk gravy to go over the steak, taters, and a couple of buttered rolls. smile

So good it'll make ya slap you mama! laugh
That does sound good. We would be at my Grandma's in Dallas when I was a kid and her and my Mom would use that sayin' and then they'd LAUGH. I never could figure out how anything would be good enough to make me hit my Grandma...which is the variant they used.

Man I can remember some good times down there. They were country folk from east Texas that moved in about wartime. All the neighbors knew each other and knew me. As soon as I'd hit my Grandparent's house I'd be working. They had a primo yard and garden and they mowed using those Sunbeam electric mowers with cords all spliced and taped with electric tape where Grandpa had mowed them in two. I'd mow and water the yard and all sorts of stuff. Loved going to their house. Would set in front of the window unit afterwards with an ice cold 8 oz. Dr. Pepper or Coke.

My cousin married a cop and moved to Mesquite in the 60's. They still live there in the same house as always.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Dang...couple of hotties just showed up.

I should probably put something on over this wife beater.

I feel like Carl from ATHF.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Check out Slumlord. Sucking his gut in every time a chick shows up.

Pro tip: Hawaiian shirt

Originally Posted by slumlord

laugh

Suck that gut in!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Let's not mess up a thread blessed w/ chicken fried steak and fixings w/ images of slummy in a wife beater.

mike r
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

My cousin married a cop and moved to Mesquite in the 60's. They still live there in the same house as always.

Probably knows that side of my family then. Cousin is Captain of Police in Mesquite now. William Artesi.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/03/20
Probably watching this many times.
Gonna go shooting tommorow night bout 400 yds down in the woodline if my moron neighbors pizz me off enough with fireworks.
2 circle 10 30 rounders oughta reverb thru the valley pretty good.
Just shoot the fugg up into a big tree about 10 15 ft off the ground.

Just another holiday to get drunk and play demolition expert to these sheeple around here and most americans.

I hope an ambluance gets called, cause someone had a dud 8oz rocket or one of those " motars" go off in their face all drunk and schitt.
Boom mutha fugga!!!!!

Aside from my basic loathing and hatred of most O2 theives in this country.................

Happy 4th of July.
People died for it.
Lots of em on prison ships in New York harbor espeically.

Fugging british cok sukka,s.........

Pics or it never happened.....

I know you can do it....

Lol!!!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
I think I'm going to drive 2-3 hours downstate to attend a party at my sister's house. I'll bring my kids and get to see my Dad (turns 80 next month and haven't seen him since October) and my siblings. Safe travels to all who do so for Independence day.
Posted By: EdM Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
I am painting the garage door trim in the morning then a handful of us neighbors are heading over to another neighbor's place. Pot luckish, bring your meat and a side. Burgers with grated extra sharp cheddar and diced fresh jalapenos have been made. I'll make queso and a green bean casserole tomorrow. Eat, drink and toss horseshoes.
Posted By: EdM Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
I am painting the garage door trim in the morning then a handful of us neighbors are heading over to another neighbor's place. Pot luckish, bring your meat and a side. Burgers with grated extra sharp cheddar and diced fresh jalapenos have been made. I'll make queso and a green bean casserole tomorrow. Eat, drink and toss horseshoes.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Blocking off the cul-de-sac.

My wife and I have a mess of friends coming over, and our neighbors will be out. 30-40 ppl I'd estimate.

I smoked 2 butts yesterday, wrapping up a brisket in the AM, and plenty of brats and burgers will be grilled in the middle of the cul-de-sac.

Should be a good day.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Working days and later gonna assist the VFD with our annual fireworks display and trauma incident.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
lay in bed with my f-cked up back, out of pain meds.
Posted By: badger Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Going to the local Farmer’s Market in the morning, then smoking a brisket and loading some 30-28 Nosler for range time on Sunday.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by Remsen
Probably watching this many times.

That is fuggin AWESOME!

Just shared it with every like-minded person on my contact list, which is most of them!

Thanks for the link.
Eat to much.

I just got done making wads for the little cannon for tomorrow night.

This is the first time the 12 year old grandson will hear and see that sucker go off.

It will be a hoot.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20

They shouldn't be too hard to find, Fatcity can't be a very common name.......
New neighbor that's building a house here over the next year is going to burn/smoke some meat up. I don't normally socialize, but Ive got some damn good neighbors and this is an opportunity to hang out and visit. I'll set off some fireworks after dark. Best thing about having a pond is being able to set stuff off and not worry about lighting off a forest fire.

Based on the posts I've seen on FB I'm praying for rain tomorrow night and sunday. Lots of tards want to "get out of the house and set of fireworks and are looking for suggestions where to do it".

Brings back memories of a buddy in Havre that would drive up and we'd set off a bunch. But he decided to move to Florida. Or Cuba? was it Haiti? I can't remember just now.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Sounds like a fine time, good neighbors are awesome.

Hope you guys get a little rain. All kinds of mini fireworks fires around here.

Idiots galore.

But it's green here so not a big deal.
We're spending Independence Day on the Carolina coast. There is no better place to spend the holiday, IMHO. Lots of family in and we are having a blast! We have a military flyover scheduled for tomorrow, both vintage and modern planes. The Good Lord has blessed us with nearly perfect weather this week. I hope and expect to see lots of flags tomorrow.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by renegade50

Pics or it never happened.....

I know you can do it....

Lol!!!

Nope

I am a gentleman, not a pervert.
I now have 14 people here, flash mob.

More burgers...

Chop
Chop

Oh oh.....and no one has a mask on,,,,,

The horror,.......the horror
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
I got a big flag to put up in the morning.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sounds like a fine time, good neighbors are awesome.

Hope you guys get a little rain. All kinds of mini fireworks fires around here.

Idiots galore.

But it's green here so not a big deal.

Retard factor is higher on this side of the divide.

Good neighbors are priceless anywheres.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
lay in bed with my f-cked up back, out of pain meds.

Dang I thought ya was going to the Dr. I hope ya aint out of seeds, its going to be a long weekend. Hope ya get better soon.
The neighbors have exhausted their fireworks.

Someone just touched off a centerfire rifle.

Hmmmm
I now have 14 people here, flash mob.

More burgers...

Chop
Chop

Oh oh.....and no one has a mask on,,,,,

The horror,.......the horror

Is a wet t shirt contest possible?????

LOL!!!
The neighbors have exhausted their fireworks.

Someone just touched off a centerfire rifle.

Hmmmm

Time ta bust out da SKS and run it?????

That .450 marlin barks pretty good also...

Lol!!!
Posted By: hookeye Re: Independence Day! Plans? - 07/04/20
Shorty had a rough week
Her and her sis can grill stuff tomorrow.
Mom fetching grandma.

Ill be out front working on my jeep before it gets too hot.

Change stock on a .22 rifle and shoot my bow if the swelling in my hand goes down. Reduced but still sore
Brush hog, lawn mower, and bis azz weed eater around the buildings. Got (an expensive) painting crew showing up Monday - 3 buildings and a shower house on the agenda.
Wish I could play with kids and grandkids, but it's not going to work, at this time.
© 24hourcampfire