Home
Posted By: duck911 Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20

It is a common technology and automotive term. "Master" and "slave" hard drives. Master and slave clutch and brake components. Master and slave in computer code parlance is very common.

All of it, on the chopping block and many MASSIVE companies are now bending over backwards to eliminate the terminology from their training, documentation, and culture. I chit you not.

I bet no one here ever, EVER thought speaking in those terms as racist or derogatory.

If the Redskins have to change their name, I'd suggest the '49ers need to as well. Westward expansion, you know. Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys and indians! Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, Texas Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets.... Denver University Pioneers.... It goes on and on.

If it starts, where does it end?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
I posted about the master/slave deal a couple weeks ago.

It just keeps getting more and more stoopiter.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
I hope the Red Mesa Redskins get to keep their mascot!
Posted By: Hastings Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
What will be done about all the stuff named CUSTER out west. Custer State Park in SD comes to mind. Several towns and counties are named Custer. Custer and Sheridan were all about pacifying Indians. The amount of renaming we're up against is daunting to say the least.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
Stop renaming and fight back.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by duck911

It is a common technology and automotive term. "Master" and "slave" hard drives. Master and slave clutch and brake components. Master and slave in computer code parlance is very common.

All of it, on the chopping block and many MASSIVE companies are now bending over backwards to eliminate the terminology from their training, documentation, and culture. I chit you not.

I bet no one here ever, EVER thought speaking in those terms as racist or derogatory.

If the Redskins have to change their name, I'd suggest the '49ers need to as well. Westward expansion, you know. Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys and indians! Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, Texas Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets.... Denver University Pioneers.... It goes on and on.

The Miami Dolphins !!!
Don’t animals have rights too , dammit ?
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
What about a “slave pin” when you’re assembling components ?
Posted By: 1bigdude Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
What about doing an Irish "jig" or a jigger of scotch. I will quit callung them nig g ers as soon as they quit calling themselves that
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
X Ottawa, Deleware, Dakota, Sioux, Alabama, .....
Posted By: Hoosier_Beagler Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
It's surprising that gender designations for various fittings aren't yet on the chopping block. It's only a matter of time. sick
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by duck911

We know where it ends:

THe Gulag Archipelago - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Posted By: hanco Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
All of this is hurting my feelings!!
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

We know where it ends:

[/quote]

Yes, here is the future. Non-Woke U.S. citizens waiting ito be transported to their new "education camps."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L.W.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

We know where it ends:

Yes, here is the future. Non-Woke U.S. citizens waiting ito be transported to their new "education camps."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L.W.
[/quote]

Not alive.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/05/20
After putting on 2 masters and one new slave i really don't care to hear about them for a long time.

That 85 Chevy S-10 was bled 3 times and still had no clutch.

Even bled from the slave with a pressured can and no joy.

Who knew that you had to take slave and collapse the cylinder and then crack the bleed screw before the last bit of air got out.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/05/20
When I synchronize two switching power supplies, one is the master and one is the slave.

The bible speaks of slaying everyone in cities conquered by the Israelites. I believe exceptions were made to take a few slave girls.
Slavery, the humane alternative to slaughter.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/05/20
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Beagler
It's surprising that gender designations for various fittings aren't yet on the chopping block. It's only a matter of time. sick

That's bound to become a problem.

It's always been easy to Id a male or female fitting, but now?

If you have a 6 foot husky, bearded, longhaired, lipsticked customer,
wearing a dress, ask for a male fitting, what does that mean?

An inny or an out?
It's obvious it's confused already, and it is considered bad to ask.
Shame on you if you guess wrong.

Mooschell Obama said "this is the first time..."

Honest to God,
we are real close to this being the first time I have ever been scared to be American.

911, I was mad and upset.
Through the Cold War, I was worried about the bright light. But never was scared about
America. Covid made me uneasy, with the violation of constitutional rights. Now,
we are under a nationwide attack. And our defenses aren't defending.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Masters and Slaves - 07/05/20
No more master bedrooms.
© 24hourcampfire