Home
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Darn, I actually had this one already bookmarked for Bristoe the next time this came up grin
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
That is funny!

But in VT you have to deal with the people from the NYC Metro area who have second homes there and who often go out of their way to communicate how much smarter, more attractive, and successful they are.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
That is funny!

But in VT you have to deal with the people from the NYC Metro area who have second homes there and who often go out of their way to communicate how much smarter, more attractive, and successful they are.

And call the cops every time they hear a gun going off in the woods.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That is funny!

And call the cops every time they hear a gun going off in the woods.

Not really. VT's a weird place, full of hippies and commies, but most of them do like their guns.
I used to go to VT a lot many years ago and you could see it changing even then but it's worse now.
I expect everyone knows that Vermont has had Constitutional Carry laws in place forever.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I expect everyone knows that Vermont has had Constitutional Carry laws in place forever.

Yep. Anyone can carry concealed there. It's been that way forever, long predating Shall Issue or Constitutional Carry.

I carried when I was there for a boar hunt. Cops don't care, since there are no laws regulating it.

I first learned this in the early 1980s when I was talking with the guy I was working out with (who had just moved to Long Island, NY, from his home state of Vermont) at the Jiu-Jitsu dojo. We were talking about guns, and he didn't realize that in other states you couldn't carry handguns any way you chose, concealed, open, whatever. He was like age 21. He's the one who told me there were no laws against it in Vermont, and never had been.
Vermont is within a half-day's drive of every major urban center between Boston and Newark, including NYC, its amazing its held any character at all.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
We like Vermont. Pretty little State. Been through it several times and come to think of it, don't recall ever seeing a black person.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
How come they have Bernie Sanders for a Senator?
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Hard to believe that Bernie Sanders comes from a constitutional carry state, although I'm sure that would change real quick if Bernie had his way.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Darn, I actually had this one already bookmarked for Bristoe the next time this came up grin

You might want to put your virtue signaling activities away until the boos stop burning down the cities.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Does Birdwatcher know these people?

https://leakreality.com/video/3579/white-girl-brutally-beaten-by-a-black-couple
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
I’m going to Vermont! 🤣
Posted By: PeeDeeRiver Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
That is funny!

Might not be so bad, for me at least. I have to deal with those folks, and others, do to the insanse influx of northerners into this part of SC. At least it wouldn't be so dang hot in VT.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The black guy behind the counter was only trying to help when he demanded they take that White girl outside and beat her, because you're making a mess doing it in the shop.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
That is funny!

Might not be so bad, for me at least. I have to deal with those folks, and others, do to the insanse influx of northerners into this part of SC. At least it wouldn't be so dang hot in VT.
Nah, it won't be hot. We left here in upstate NY in mid April one year. It was spring here. Snow all gone and had been for 2 or 3 weeks. Got up there and the snow was still a foot deep.

Does anyone understand what she’s saying? Sounds like “I’m gonna make some money”.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Because it's full of hippies and communists.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
So the blacks got away with another crime? You notice they only attack people who can't fight back.?

??

Who are those people and why would I know them?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Does anyone understand what she’s saying? Sounds like “I’m gonna make some money”.

Hooker being beaten by her pump for slacking.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Because it's full of hippies and communists.

His foothold was in a University town. Liberal Professors....

Last time I knew the statistic there were only about 500,000 residents which made it the most rural state in the country (by population) That was before he was a Senator...
He rode the population growth of the University town...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Meh. I’ll stay here.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Vermont is strange. They’ve had constitutional carry forever but don’t mistake them for conservatives, their taxes are some of the highest in the nation and they love their welfare programs. I have a friend from Vermont that moved across the line to New Hampshire about 15 years ago because he couldn’t take the taxes any more.

I have a deceased uncle that was from Vermont. He made Al Sharpton look like a white supremacist.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
It is a strange place. Always kind of has been. I’m a NH resident, but we share a border and I’m plenty familiar. Used to be that Vermont was full of what some of the elder members here might remember as the old-school or even ‘’original’ democrats. OD’s, hahaha. They weren’t ALL that bad, those folks. And yeah, they did like their guns. I’d take them in a heart beat over the Democrats of today...

Sadly, like the dinosaurs, that brand of dem is now pretty much entirely extinct. I’ve known some of the older ones and they wouldn’t be associated with the dem party of today. Some of those old families may have even turned republican. But too little too late.

It occurs to me, there is a lesson or precedent to be observed in that state, as it may have been one of the earliest examples of what many are noticing today in other states - the influx of wealthy libs escaping the mess they made in their original beds; and bringing that mess with them. Sure, VT was ALWAYS lib, but it became a different brand of it.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Hooker being beaten by her pump for slacking.

Ahhh, just another day in the hood... thanks for the clarification.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Moving To Vermont - 07/04/20
Lots of Vermonsters moving over here to N.H. !!! hopefully its the conservatives, been 4 different familys move on to my road in the last 5 years.
© 24hourcampfire