Home
Posted By: persiandog Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
I spent 2 days trying to fix windows 10 search box and other issues , finally this video instruction helped :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLuAnaNtI
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
I know I am flogging a deceased equine, but Win 10 owns your computer, your data, and your time. You don't.

You can get it all back with Linux.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I know I am flogging a deceased equine, but Win 10 owns your computer, your data, and your time. You don't.

You can get it all back with Linux.

ii know i have 3 PC-s and one mac.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
The latest Windows 10/Edge update is causing issues with Chrome browsers, the Edge update can't be undone.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...-problems-for-chrome-users/#276a48ff32af

Making the eye-catching render issues on macOS seem quaint, Google has confirmed that since Microsoft’s massive Windows 10 ‘May 2020’ update Chrome can no longer keep users signed-in, sync data, store cookies, remember passwords or third party extension data - sometimes deleting the extension completely. Moreover, Google saw this coming two months ago.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...hrome-warning-Windows-10-frustrating-bug

While those who installed the Windows 10 May 2020 update were hit by an annoying problem which caused Chrome to repeatedly sign users out of their accounts.

And now, hot on the heels of these issues, Google Chrome fans running Windows 10 have to deal with another frustrating bug.

This latest glitch affects Chromium-based browsers such as Microsoft Edge and the Brave Browser as well as Chrome.

The bug affects those that have the AdBlock Plus browser extension installed and causes issues when watching videos on YouTube.

As reported on in a post by Bleeping Computer, those that have the AdBlock (Plus) or Adblock for YouTube extensions have been receiving error messages on YouTube.

This issue can crop up when these users try to watch a YouTube video, with a message appearing that says: "An error occurred.

"Please try again later. (Playback ID: [video_id])."
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
Originally Posted by Squidge
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...hrome-warning-Windows-10-frustrating-bug

While those who installed the Windows 10 May 2020 update were hit by an annoying problem which caused Chrome to repeatedly sign users out of their accounts.

And now, hot on the heels of these issues, Google Chrome fans running Windows 10 have to deal with another frustrating bug.

This latest glitch affects Chromium-based browsers such as Microsoft Edge and the Brave Browser as well as Chrome.

The bug affects those that have the AdBlock Plus browser extension installed and causes issues when watching videos on YouTube.

As reported on in a post by Bleeping Computer, those that have the AdBlock (Plus) or Adblock for YouTube extensions have been receiving error messages on YouTube.

This issue can crop up when these users try to watch a YouTube video, with a message appearing that says: "An error occurred.

"Please try again later. (Playback ID: [video_id])."

That explains a bunch, thank you!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/06/20
It is just sad that so many Windows users are like battered wives: they know they are being abused but they are afraid to leave what they're used to.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It is just sad that so many Windows users are like battered wives: they know they are being abused but they are afraid to leave what they're used to.

i feel violated
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/07/20
You have been violated, pd. Microsoft has become Big Brother - and Apple is no better.

You just spent two days trying to fix something they thrust upon you and won't let you remove. In less than two hours you could be free of that tyranny.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/07/20
Un-install cortana. Then use firefox or just use linux.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Un-install cortana. Then use firefox or just use linux.

You Can’t Uninstall Cortana. Through registry hacks and a few other tweaks it can be totally disabled, but not uninstalled.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/07/20
If what I read is correct, MS will re-enable Cortana as soon as it detects what you've done.The only way to truly own and control your computer is to get rid of Windows.

Once again, you can load the version of Linux you might like onto a USB stick, boot to the stick and try Linux as much as you like without installing it. For those willing to see, I heartily recommend Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon. If you need help, just ask.
Posted By: shaman Re: Microsoft cortana virus - 07/07/20
I have to support Windows 10 at work for a whole mfg plant. I have no choices at work. Everything comes from the Enterprise IT.

At home, I'm on Ubuntu Linux, and have been since 2016. It's SOOOO much better for my uses.
© 24hourcampfire