Home
Posted By: CashisKing Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Reopening schools.

President Trump said "Everybody wants it, the moms want it. The dads want it. The kids want it. It’s time to do it.”

WHAT IF HE SAID THE OPPOSITE?

President Trump said "Nobody wants it, the moms don't want it. The dads don't want it. The kids don't want it. It’s time to eliminate schools.”

Which plan makes you hate him more?

Plan A)

Plan B)

If you choose BOTH... maybe you should reflect on that answer some.

-------------------

Reposted from my Facebook page (way I phrased it et al)... I like ginning up trouble there even more than here.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Ain’t gonna happen, not yet, too many openings for lawsuits.

When? I don’t have a clue.

JMHO
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
This is really deep man.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
I don’t expect our daughter will be attending school in the traditional 5 day per week sense. Maybe a couple days a week on rotation with the other students but definitely not full time like before Covid. She’ll be doing a lot of work online.
Posted By: deflave Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

JMHO

Do you think the schools should reopen?
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Which plan makes you hate him more?

Have a heart.
When you refer to covid19 and kids just leave HIM out of the issue.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
John Kennedy said we need to get this country moving again, in 1960.
Originally Posted by deflave

JMHO

Do you think the schools should reopen?

From a biological sense, ya, let it hit the fan, make hydroxychloroquine and zinc freely available as a prophylaxis. Get it over with.

From a real-world sense, politically impossible. Right now I’m guessing it’s gonna be as stated; some of the kids one day some on the next, all the kids paranoid. With the option of staying home if they want. I figure I’ll be “teaching” online again, from my room, with the kids who have parents coming in to consult.

For the kids with parents who don’t give a damn, ain’t gonna see them hardly at all.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Schools should reopen, period. Actually, schools should disappear from the governments radar. Let parents figure it out, no public schools

From a biological sense, ya, let it hit the fan, make hydroxychloroquine and zinc freely available as a prophylaxis. Get it over with.

From a real-world sense, politically impossible. Right now I’m guessing it’s gonna be as stated; some of the kids one day some on the next, all the kids paranoid. With the option of staying home if they want. I figure I’ll be “teaching” online again, from my room, with the kids who have parents coming in to consult.

For the kids with parents who don’t give a damn, ain’t gonna see them hardly at all.

You don't think that tax funded schools have an obligation to reopen?
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Schools should reopen, period. Actually, schools should disappear from the governments radar. Let parents figure it out, no public schools

Could not agree more.

You don't think that tax funded schools have an obligation to reopen?

I do, otherwise, kill them. Kill all tax funded schools, let parents worry about how educate their kids.
“Closing” the schools ain’t being discussed AFAIK, at the very least we’ll be back to online.

I expect I’ll be required to be in my classroom “x” number of hours, I have always way exceeded that anyway.

The State Government in Austin will decide what constitutes meeting our obligation to the taxpayer, as their employee I will start from there.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20

Our district will be giving parents the option of sending their kid to school or the kid doing it all online at home.
“Closing” the schools ain’t being discussed AFAIK, at the very least we’ll be back to online.

I expect I’ll be required to be in my classroom “x” number of hours, I have always way exceeded that anyway.

The State Government in Austin will decide what constitutes meeting our obligation to the taxpayer, as their employee I will start from there.

Let's try one more time...

Do you feel that tax funded schools should reopen for face-to-face, in-person schooling, five days a week?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Trump might be better off keeping his mouth shut. No matter what he says, it's going to be used against him.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Trump might be better off keeping his mouth shut. No matter what he says, it's going to be used against him.

2020 James sounds just like 2016 James.

LOL

Do your country a favor and STFU.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This is really deep man.

Feel free to rewrite it if it's too deep for you. I won't mind one bit.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
The teachers want the paycheck and benefits, but they would prefer collecting it without dealing with the kids. Kind of like the US Forest Service admin people, been home drawing full pay for months and loving it. In the end teaching is just another government job (and one with not a stellar track record)
The parents with grammar school kids would like to see school start up to ease the financial burden of child care, and it's a big burden. Hired a babysitter lately?
All this has a lot more to do with money than health. Gotta wonder what the teachers unions are thinking now, if they play along politically with keeping it closed, at some point they are going to start losing buildings and grounds, taxpayers don't feel like funding empty buildings, private enterprise can teach via computer...maybe better, the unions will start losing people that pay for over extended retirement funds. Far reaching consequences and big sea changes ahead.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Trump is taking on the teachers unions ....I wonder who will win?

I saw a post on a website last week the predominate occupation( of those employed) of arrested BLM protesters was school teachers, not sure how accurate the statement was but lets you wonder?
Posted By: Cretch Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Our school system has just announced they are going to open on time.
Funny that daycares were still open for working parents. Those little bastards weren't required to where masks, but I guess those some group of kids sitting in a Columbus [bleep] the black man class is too much.
Posted By: colodog Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
I'd heard some local discussion about opening school on a 1 week at school, 2 weeks at home rotation so only 1/3 of the students are there at any time.
Nothing resolved or announced yet.
Posted By: BLG Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
The extra $600 a week in unemployment is going to run out the end of this month. Parents who are “out of work” will have to go back because they can’t afford to stay home and watch the kid for 6 more months. . The schools going back on time is going to depend on whether or not another stimulus is passed, or if the $600 is extended.
My son goes to private school. We are all in on going back on time. Extra curricular included. They are the least affected by the rona covic.

JMO

Clyde
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
No need to discuss any further.
It came down from on high.
Betsy(pardon me as I pad my pocketbook) Devos said astronauts take risks kids can take risks too.
Originally Posted by BLG
The extra $600 a week in unemployment is going to run out the end of this month. Parents who are “out of work” will have to go back because they can’t afford to stay home and watch the kid for 6 more months. . The schools going back on time is going to depend on whether or not another stimulus is passed, or if the $600 is extended.
My son goes to private school. We are all in on going back on time. Extra curricular included. They are the least affected by the rona covic.

JMO

Clyde

Funny how that works.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20

Let's try one more time...

Do you feel that tax funded schools should reopen for face-to-face, in-person schooling, five days a week?

Easy Man...

BW can sit on a fence with barbed wire in his ass crack as long as he wants.

It's a free country... and sheep are people too.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Public schools are proven to be an abject failure and most public school teachers are a contributing factor. Lock all kids in a compound w/ a required reading list, access to Khan Academy w/ a mandated test schedule and 2 hours of PT and 1st aid training 5days/week. The strong will thrive and the folks can go to work.

Anything is better than our present condition.

mike r
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Reopening Schools - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by colodog
I'd heard some local discussion about opening school on a 1 week at school, 2 weeks at home rotation so only 1/3 of the students are there at any time.

I expect that we’ll see something like that here as well.

We’re friends with some of our local teachers (not all are liberal nuts) and the amount of work they’re having to do just for online learning is incredible. Literally hundreds of emails each day from students and parents on top of grading assignments has them buried in “work”. This sucks for the good teachers and likely has zero impact on the bad ones.
Posted By: deflave Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by colodog

I expect that we’ll see something like that here as well.

We’re friends with some of our local teachers (not all are liberal nuts) and the amount of work they’re having to do just for online learning is incredible. Literally hundreds of emails each day from students and parents on top of grading assignments has them buried in “work”. This sucks for the good teachers and likely has zero impact on the bad ones.

Oh fer fugk sake.

Easy Man...

BW can sit on a fence with barbed wire in his ass crack as long as he wants.

It's a free country... and sheep are people too.

I'm sure he'll come back and explain that it's his obligation to go back to work.

LOL
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
We will not be sending the kids if there are a bunch of stupid rules and restrictions.

Fugging Boomers anyway.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We will not be sending the kids if there are a bunch of stupid rules and restrictions.

Fugging Boomers anyway.

What the fugk reason would they have?

I think six people in the whole state tested positive for COVID.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
The Boomers.....gotta protect the boomers!
And its 8 cases now.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The Boomers.....gotta protect the boomers!
And its 8 cases now.

LOL
Posted By: antlers Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Public schools are proven to be an abject failure...
Agreed.
Posted By: RayF Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
Reopening schools.

President Trump said "Everybody wants it, the moms want it. The dads want it. The kids want it. It’s time to do it.”

WHAT IF HE SAID THE OPPOSITE?

In this case, it wouldn’t matter. Whatever damages the economy and causes more strife is the winner.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
The Governor of Ohio has declared the schools will open in September. Practically everyone agrees with him, including me. By the way he's a Republican.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The Governor of Ohio has declared the schools will open in September. Practically everyone agrees with him, including me. By the way he's a Republican.

What do the schools districts in Cleveland say?
Posted By: KFWA Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
what do you do with a teacher that is at risk due to health reasons? he/she gets to stay at home with full pay?
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20
I wrote our school superintendent it is completely idiiotic not to open the schools as normal and without restrictions. He wrote back saying they (I guess himself and teachers ) agree but the governor won't let them currently. So they are putting out this hybrid schedule BS and hope they can open normally when the time comes. What they don't plan for for is all the parents who will have to miss work because their kids will be home half the time.
Originally Posted by KFWA
what do you do with a teacher that is at risk due to health reasons? he/she gets to stay at home with full pay?

Ask them to retire.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Reopening Schools - 07/09/20

I don't know. Like most decent people who could afford it, I fled Cleveland years ago for the same reasons some are fleeing big cities right now.

Population of Cleveland in 1950: 917,000

Population of Cleveland in 2016: 380,000

I don't know. Like most decent people who could afford it, I fled Cleveland years ago for the same reasons some are fleeing big cities right now.

Population of Cleveland in 1950: 917,000

Population of Cleveland in 2016: 380,000

Oh.

Please note that Captain Peace Corps echoes the commie bullschit.
© 24hourcampfire