Home
Posted By: greydog team name changes - 07/09/20
With all the furor over sports team names and renaming, I have noticed a couple of teams which have not been mentioned. The Braves, Indians, the Clan, the Chiefs, the Eskimos, these are teams which are being pressured to change their names. Why has no one mentioned the Boston Celtics? Could it be because people of Celtic extraction are not chronic whiners? The Minnesota Vikings have also, so far, avoided any such controversy. Are Scandinavians also missing the whining gene? The only thing these groups have in common is not their history. Historically they were bitter enemies and Vikings slaughtered wagon loads of Celts. There must be a common denominator. Anyone know what it might be? GD
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
The Orlando magic should change its name

And there are no Lakes in L.A. there are however, tar pits.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
What about the Cleveland "Browns?" Browns?
Posted By: windridge Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
Washington Tar & Feathers

SF Pfaggoty Kneelers

Seattle Suckkocks

New England Cheats

add to this

Posted By: Whelenman Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
Pontiac Pimples
Kansas City Maholmeboys
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
The Orlando magic should change its name

And there are no Lakes in L.A. there are however, tar pits.

Maybe they should be called the Tar Pit Baby Mommas.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
What about the Cleveland "Browns?" Browns?

Dats Racist!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
I would just as soon see all (extravagantly overpaid) pro sports just wither up, die & blow away.

All the name BS is just that, so much BS.........................I can't even give it a passing thought anymore.

MM
Posted By: Hastings Re: team name changes - 07/09/20
There is something I don't understand about this but I don't watch ballgames anyway. What is the insult to an Indian or anyone else as a result of having a sports team named after them? It seems it should be an honor.
© 24hourcampfire