Home
The oats are baled, the seconded cutting of alfalfa is done, Four bales more than the hoop will hold.

Gilbert on the bales.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
2nd got rained on. might be dry enough today to bale. the cycle continues
Four men worked on this slugged pickup on the Heston baler for four hours in the heat.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: ERK Re: Done with the seconed cutting. - 07/09/20
Most first cutting hasn’t started here yet. Been thunder storms running thru here. We needed the rain so it’s a blessing for crops but poor haying weather. Ed k
We just got a nice shower here, it can rain all day, we need a good soaker.
Two cuttings around here, won’t be long for third. My friend has about 40 acres of Coastal hay. We have had some timely rain here this year.
Still pecking away at first cutting here.
(I said it is second cutting but I should have clarified second cut ever on that particular stand. Seeded last year, one cut then(in Oct, really late frost), one cut now.

Some guys had bad winter kill on their alf and I wonder if a few didn't cut too soon in front of the of late frost?

Unreal cool weather and rain for early July.

Watching those L pressures lining up to roll across you Northern state boys for the next couple weeks. The big H has setup a little lower this time of year over Kommiefornia letting them Coolies roll lower into the States.
Calling for low of 54F tonight.

Fricken weird for July brother......

We've had about 3" of various rain events in the last 10-12 days?

Talk about nice.

Grass is GREEN for this time of year.
© 24hourcampfire