Home
In a strong majority vote, the Supreme Court on Thursday voted 7-2 against President Trump in a case over whether the president could keep his tax records from the Manhattan district attorney.

See:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-allows-grand-jury-subpoena-trump-taxes/

Hmm ... How much you want to bet they get leaked before the election?

If they find out he donated money to Shriners Hospital the headline will read, "Trump gives tens of thousands while Shriners falls millions short of goal".
Hello President Biden.
Nothing will come of it prior to the election.
Dissents from Thomas and Alito
A bigger question is what the GJ is allowed to do with those records. Whether they're allowed to make them public is a serious issue.
I don't want my tax records plastered all over the place, why would he?
Simple solution: Have Wray disperse them.
Uncle Joe will be dead and gone by the time they're released.
Just throwing KRAP at the wall hoping something will stick. Trying to take down Trump or discourage his voters.
Hasbeen
Just goes back to other courts.

They will not go anywhere for a while.

I think it's bullshit in the first place.They don't need to get them they are just fishing.
If conservatives used the Schittlibs tactics, they would photograph everybody going into the building where the grand jury meets, doxx them, then send mobs to scream and riot in front of their houses all night. Same for the court officers.
Originally Posted by ftbt
In a strong majority vote, the Supreme Court on Thursday voted 7-2 against President Trump in a case over whether the president could keep his tax records from the Manhattan district attorney.

See:

FOX is reporting that some of Trump's lawyers are calling this a big win for Trump.
Leaks in the Times tomorrow! Headlines! Trump made money and had expenses.
It was another SCOTUS political punt.

Nobody gets nothing until the actual "subpoena" is re-litigated.

See:

I don’t think they get to see them yet . . .
At this point I expect it doesn't matter. If he donated a million dollars to NAMBLA, would it really change anyone's mind?

They could hold the election tomorrow. I think the so-called undecideds no longer exist.

I hope I am wrong but it sure looks like we are heading into years of civil unrest, no matter who wins the election...
What exactly are they looking for? If the IRS hasn’t come down on him what’s the point?
It goes back to the lower court.

The Demonrats will not get them before this election, the records have no value after the election.
Does anyone think the folks on the GJ will have any idea what they are looking at.
ftbt: NY Grand Jury Gets Trump’s Tax Records

Hold up a bit - not getting anything just yet.
What BS. A completely political investigation.
If Trump is such a tax cheat, and after all he is a citizen of New York, why didn't the Federal DA in New York subpoena his tax records ten years ago.
Utterly political investigation.

Trump's team will stall the Scheissekopfs off until after the election.

This is some scary stuff, guys, we are heading into the realm of Stalinist Russia. "Show me the man, and I will show you the crime."
Originally Posted by Calvin
What exactly are they looking for? If the IRS hasn’t come down on him what’s the point?

....... My thought as well.... If he had any "irregularities" or questionable stuff on his tax records I'm sure we would all have heard about it a while ago. The left wants us to think that very wealthy folks don't pay taxes or get away with murder with the taxes they do pay. If Biden wants to run for the presidency I'd love to see his financial records especially the stuff related to the Ukraine.
Originally Posted by CCCC

Only repeating what the Dumbass Talking Heads on CNN, MSNBC and even Fox are parroting.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Only repeating what the Dumbass Talking Heads on CNN, MSNBC and even Fox are parroting.

FOX is saying that nobody is getting any records.
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep the showtime begins after that and the trial starts.
It goes back to the lower court.

The Demonrats will not get them before this election, the records have no value after the election.
Come on Guy's. The SC did not order Trump to turn over anything at this time. They sent it back to the lower court and the prosecutors must now show why they need that information. This will never be seen before the election. There will be a long hearing and then appealed and then back to the SC. Trump will be reelected by then and the Dem's wont care about them. The NY DA may, however.
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep the showtime begins after that and the trial starts.

Everyone will be laughing again. Do Dems ever get tired of looking stupid. Day after day. Week after week ect. Maybe if you people got some new material. My side hurts.
I read that Roberts and the other conservative judge sided with the liberal on this. Anyone have any idea what they have on Roberts???? Maybe a clue but I saw somewhere where there is a "John Roberts" on one of the logs for the "Lolita Express"> Ya think maybe?????????
Paul B.
Well, look on Twitter, DJT ain’t real happy
Some dick-stick named Paddler just 'woke' up......... grin
the SC said no fishing expeditions, they have to have a specific reason!
The decision just said that Trump’s claim of presidential immunity wasn’t valid. However, their are lots of other justifications for denying the progressive fascists his tax returns.
Roberts adopted two daughters from overseas and that maybe flakey.
All the 2 decisions today did was split the baby so nobody won or lost and sent it all back to the lower courts where the next round or motions will be filed, they will be locked up pending outcomes for another 2-3 years, but really a moot point after he wins his landslide re-election.
Hmmmm.....................I'm just wondering why all The Muslim's records are still sealed then.

But those will never see the light of day.

MM
There are 2 different cases. The state of NY gets his financial records in one case.

The 2nd case was Democrats in Congress trying to get his financial records. That case was sent to a lower court.

See:

I have a theory that Trump has been baiting them this whole time and there is nothing in his returns they can use against him, other than the Marxists hate that he's rich. I think he just opposed this to build up their expectations and spend a bunch of money in the fight.It might even show he is very generous to charities to their dismay.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by FatCity67

FOX is saying that nobody is getting any records.

Thread title is misleading. Trump has no “inherent” (or some similar word) right to keep His tax returns out of public view.

Democrat DA has to have compelling reason to see them.

IOW, it’s another nothing burger. Ds want to embarrass Trump that he’s not worth what he claims.
There's nothing there the IRS hasn't already seen.
As already posted, more like a punt then a ruling.

Here is Sundance's Breakdown.

♦ In the Trump -v- Vance case, a subpoena by a Manhattan district attorney, the justices (by a vote of 7-2) rejected the president’s claim that he is immune from state grand jury proceedings while he is in office. However, the decision in that case does not mean financial records the grand jury seeks will be turned over. As Amy Howe notes: “the court sent the case back to the trial court and agreed that the president could still argue that complying with this subpoena would interfere with his ability to do his job.”

This was the case outcome that likely frustrated President Trump the most because it forces him to continue fighting, and spending, against Lawfare resistance activists in state courts as accusations are brought by politically motivated state prosecutors.

-----------

♦ In the Trump -v- Mazars case, which is a combination of two rolled-up cases combining different legislative efforts (congressional subpoenas) to gain Trump’s financial records, the justices (again 7-2) sent the combined cases back to lower courts after highlighting that legislative subpoenas must be made for a “valid legislative purpose” not for law enforcement. This aspect is based on the clear separation of powers in the constitution.

We anticipated this ruling in the Trump -v- Mazars case because it was clear the efforts of the House were fishing expeditions. Despite initiating an impeachment effort in order to bolster their attempt; and then attempting to backdoor the congressional subpoenas under the guise of the impeachment effort; the Supreme Court rejected that approach.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-punts-on-trump-financial-records-cases/

All-in-All, it was a win for President Trump although not a battle ending victory.
Originally Posted by centershot

It would be a felony to do so. There is nothing in those tax returns to take down Trump because Obama’s militant I R S already went through them with a fine tooth comb. The Bolsheviks wouldn’t have had to gamble with a fake dossier if the IRS could have taken him out.
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by centershot

It would be a felony to do so. There is nothing in those tax returns to take down Trump because Obama’s militant I R S already went through them with a fine tooth comb. The Bolsheviks wouldn’t have had to gamble with a fake dossier if the IRS could have taken him out.

Excellent Point.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Hello President Biden.

Why do you say that? All billionaires, including Trump, are audited every year. The president and vice president, when not billionaires, are audited every year. Guess what that means? It means the IRS has already determined the returns are proper and they have accepted them. If they hadn't then the IRS would reject the return and demand additional documentation. Have you heard of that happening?

Here's the bottom line, if Trump has filed his tax returns (which he has) and the IRS has accepted the returns (which they have) then Trump has fulfilled all his legal obligations in the matter. Sort of like the same thing with your taxes. If you file and the IRS accepts them, you're done for the year. I can't demand you do anything more. Period.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A bigger question is what the GJ is allowed to do with those records. Whether they're allowed to make them public is a serious issue.

Per existing federal law, grand jury information cannot be released to the public. If this leaks then somebody needs to be held accountable.
Originally Posted by MAC
Hello President Biden.

Why do you say that? All billionaires, including Trump, are audited every year. The president and vice president, when not billionaires, are audited every year. Guess what that means? It means the IRS has already determined the returns are proper and they have accepted them. If they hadn't then the IRS would reject the return and demand additional documentation. Have you heard of that happening?

Here's the bottom line, if Trump has filed his tax returns (which he has) and the IRS has accepted the returns (which they have) then Trump has fulfilled all his legal obligations in the matter. Sort of like the same thing with your taxes. If you file and the IRS accepts them, you're done for the year. I can't demand you do anything more. Period.

Those are facts.

The media and the Democrats do not deal in facts.
They deal is accusations, false implications and propaganda.

It matters not what is in those tax returns, what matters is what the lefty says is in those returns.

The average Joe will never see or read Thousands of pages of Trumps taxes, they will be told what is in them by the corrupt media and the communist party.
Originally Posted by MAC
Hello President Biden.

Those are facts.

It matters not what is in those tax returns, what matters is what the lefty says is in those returns.

The average Joe will never see or read Thousands of pages of Trumps taxes, they will be told what is in them by the corrupt media and the communist party.

But they won't see any of them before the election. This was tossed back to the lower court where NY has to subpoena them and tell exactly what they are looking for and why they want it. That will take more time than there is before the election. All the LIBs can do is the same thing they have been doing, speculate.
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
Hello President Biden.

Those are facts.

But they won't see any of them before the election. This was tossed back to the lower court where NY has to subpoena them and tell exactly what they are looking for and why they want it. That will take more time than there is before the election. All the LIBs can do is the same thing they have been doing, speculate.

More facts.
That is why this was a big win for President Trump and America.

I believe the media already has these returns and has already propagandized them for commentary .
This was a huge setback for them, as now they cannot comment on something they are not supposed to have.

Time will tell, but I have Believe they have a plan (B) to all of this Bull Schit.
Originally Posted by MAC

My understanding is that when the case goes back to the lower trial court, Trump's attorneys can introduce new arguments that complying with the subpoena would interfere with his ability to do his job. The main issue the justices seem to have was his claim of absolute immuinity.

I think it will held up until after the election. They do no have the tax returns yet, and may never see them.

The DNI is holding some cards up his sleeve too. I'd be surprised if he didn't release a flurry of declassified documents to force some action if the Durham report is delayed.

Vance is very political, his father was Carter's SOS. It's no secret he's looking for a cabinet position in a Biden administration. This is the same guy that won't prosecute low level criminals....aka "protestors".
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by MAC

My understanding is that when the case goes back to the lower trial court, Trump's attorneys can introduce new arguments that complying with the subpoena would interfere with his ability to do his job. The main issue the justices seem to have was his claim of absolute immuinity.

I think it will held up until after the election. They do no have the tax returns yet, and may never see them.

The DNI is holding some cards up his sleeve too. I'd be surprised if he didn't release a flurry of declassified documents to force some action if the IG report is delayed.

Vance is very political, his father was Carter's SOS. It's no secret he's looking for a cabinet position in a Biden administration. This is the same guy that won't prosecute low level criminals....aka "protestors".

What IG report are you referring to?
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by MAC

The DNI is holding some cards up his sleeve too. I'd be surprised if he didn't release a flurry of declassified documents to force some action if the IG report is delayed.

What IG report are you referring to?

Durham, but he's not an IG, my mistake. He's dragging his feet to get the goods on some.
© 24hourcampfire