Home
Posted By: stxhunter oklahoma - 07/10/20
what you guys going to do, now that half of your state has been given back to the tribes. how is that going to work.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
I'd take that scumbag out of the jail, into the courthouse lawn, and shoot him behind the ear.

Then I would ask the SC justices how exactly they intend to enforce their ruling.
Posted By: antlers Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Seems like Oklahoma has set a precedent that would also require them to honor similar agreements with the neighboring Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw and Seminole tribes who are also in Oklahoma.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
You’d expect most of the prison population in Oklahoma will be turned out.
Posted By: antlers Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
What about the implications for other states where the Federal Government also made similar agreements with the Indians there...?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
If one owns property there, do they still have to pay taxes? Do Indians get to take possession of that land?
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Originally Posted by gregintenn
If one owns property there, do they still have to pay taxes? Do Indians get to take possession of that land?

Yes on taxes, no on possession. The last paragraph means you own it, but tribal law and regulations control it.

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) – A federal judge ruled that the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska can collect a liquor tax on business owners in the northeast Nebraska city of Pender.

Senior U.S. District Judge Richard Kopf ruled late last week in Lincoln that Pender is inside the Omaha Reservation and thus is subject to the tribe's liquor regulations, the Sioux City (Iowa) Journal said.
conclusion:

"Once a block of land is set aside for an Indian Reservation and no matter what happens to the title of individual plots within the area, the entire block retains its reservation status until Congress explicitly indicates otherwise.''
Posted By: g5m Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Just wait until the rest of the country is given back now that that decision was made.
Posted By: TheKid Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
This may get prickly in a pretty close to home way for me. My favorite fishing hole was bought by my GG Uncle Bill back in 1965. The deed list it as being a part of the Kiowa Reservation. We already have trouble with the little 5 acre block that the original owner kept still being Indian land and causing all manner of access and land use troubles, can’t imagine this making matters better.
Posted By: Raeford Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Hmmm, I keep hearing[as a southerner] you LOST, get over it

This only applies where it doesn't, clearly.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Yet another example of globalists owning judges. We are allowing our country to be torn apart by these treasonous scumbags.
Posted By: papat Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Actually this ruling is not about land ownership but court jurisdiction. The natives have to be tried in a fed court instead of a state one. Basically what it is all about. I’m sure there will be ones trying to make it something else. Always is.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Link?
My ancestors left southern Indiana and went to Oklahoma and Montana.

Want to make sure its safe to visit if I get run out of Montana.
I googled it Jim. Lots of info
Copy that.
Seems to be a courts issue like papat said.

Since the whole thing is "indian" country.....any Injun caught off the "rez"nand tried and convicted....would have been out of white mans jurisdiction?

Should have been tribal court instead of whitey court I think.
It sounded like some crimes would be under tribal. But major stuff will be in fed court.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: oklahoma - 07/10/20
Originally Posted by antlers
Seems like Oklahoma has set a precedent that would also require them to honor similar agreements with the neighboring Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw and Seminole tribes who are also in Oklahoma.

The Semiholes have a substantial res in S. Florida and don’t need another. They be making more money than Christ on Sunday.
© 24hourcampfire