Home
Posted By: JakeBlues UFC 251 - 07/10/20
Three title bouts on Fight Island. Any else tuning in?

Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal
Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway
Petr Yan vs. José Aldo
Jéssica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
Amanda Ribas vs. Paige VanZant
Posted By: AB2506 Re: UFC 251 - 07/10/20
Is it on ESPN? If it is, then I'll likely be able to watch it on our TSN.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: UFC 251 - 07/10/20
It's a pay per view. The local sports bar shows it for free so I watch every time.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: UFC 251 - 07/11/20
I will be watching the prelims. It's started.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: UFC 251 - 07/12/20
Main fight was a major snoozer watching Usman hump his opponent's leg for 5 rounds. I was glad to see Rose win though. Aldo should retire.
Posted By: Tansun Re: UFC 251 - 07/12/20
I am just a poor working cuss, at 80 some bucks for the fight, then you have to “join” ESPN+ for 50 bucks <for 1 year> I do not watch enough ESPN to justify the cost, have not paid for a UFC fight since McGregor was in his prime.
If I want to watch a MMA fight, I will just tell me wife that she is “prettier then Greg Maddox”, then I get an up close and personal view of a fight at no cost.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: UFC 251 - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Main fight was a major snoozer watching Usman hump his opponent's leg for 5 rounds. I was glad to see Rose win though. Aldo should retire.

Ive never understood why if one doesnt like or appreciate grappling, why watch mma? Muay Thai or kickboxing both allow one strike to a grounded opponent. Usman fought a smart fight. Wore Jorge down then let his hands go. Great fight plan.
Posted By: deflave Re: UFC 251 - 07/12/20
I had a pirated live feed but passed out with the phone in my hand because I couldn't sync it to my TV.

Felt like a Boomer.

LOL
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Ive never understood why if one doesnt like or appreciate grappling, why watch mma? Muay Thai or kickboxing both allow one strike to a grounded opponent. Usman fought a smart fight. Wore Jorge down then let his hands go. Great fight plan.

I did wrestling and judo so I appreciate grappling. I just hate Usman and wanted him to lose. But also found it boring. Just because I can agree it was smart strategy, doesn't make it an exciting fight for me.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: UFC 251 - 07/12/20

Got suckered into going to see the wifes relatives so only got to see the main event. Looked to me like that weight cut really affected Masvidal badly. Didn't seem to have nearly the energy or gas tank he usually has. Still, he hung in there and didn't get wrecked like many predicted.
I hate it when a guy that I despise gets a last minute fill in that you know is gonna be gassed after one round. Usman got off easy.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: UFC 251 - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

I did wrestling and judo so I appreciate grappling. I just hate Usman and wanted him to lose. But also found it boring. Just because I can agree it was smart strategy, doesn't make it an exciting fight for me.

Fair enough I don't like usman either but we better get used to him as the guy that could beati retired
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: UFC 251 - 07/13/20
I actually thought Covington fought him even until the last round which Usman won. Other than politics, there's no reason he shouldn't get a rematch. Hell, the only fight he lost was the title match and I thought he lost that by one round.
© 24hourcampfire