Home
Okay, so I finally got a chance to try some Dukes. Yes, it tastes very slightly different from Helman's, but there's no way I'd pass up a perfectly good bottle of Helman's to get this stuff. There's just not much difference in taste. For you guys that feel otherwise, good for you, but for my money, there's just not enough of a difference. As for comparing it to Miracle Whip, you couldn't pay me to eat ths crap. Mayo or nothing, I say. Now that we've covered this extremely important and pressing issue.............
I just finished off a jar of Kraft mayo.
Good lord is that some thin runny mayo, tasted ok otherwise I would have thrown it away.
I had to buy it cuz that was all I could get when the crazy panic buying started and people were wiping out the stores.
Finally back to Hellmann's.
I cant stand Miracle Whip . It can really ruin a sandwich .
71 tomatoe plants this year... Dukes in the fridge. Helmans in the pantry... I'll get back to you in October.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
71 tomatoe plants this year... Dukes in the fridge. Helmans in the pantry... I'll get back to you in October.

Aw man, that sound good. We just ate our first tomato off my plants yesterday.
Hellman's or Best Foods for me.

Or just mustard,brown or regular its all ok.
Sysco

In gallons
Try making homemade.
I don't know how you guys got so screwed up. Miracle Whip is the Gold Standard, it says so right on the label.
Dukes or Blue Plate for me.
These debates are for people that don’t know how to cook.

Same as the beans in chili argument.
We need to hear what "Slavek" has to say about this.
He is a expert on EVERYTHING.........

Them stupid fuggs in Eurotrashland put mayo on french fries and eat whole jerky dried Mackerel on a stick like a fugging corndog.

LMFAO!!!
I’ve never tried Dukes but having said that, I’ve yet to have any other brand of mayo that even comes close to tasting as good as Hellman’s (Best Foods).

Miracle Whip is aptly named because it’s a miracle any one eats the schit.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

LOL
A sammich just isn't a sammich without the great taste of.......
Originally Posted by deflave

What about the Miracle Whip in chili debate?

Here... or start another post?
I'd eat a road killed possum before I'd eat either one. Mayonnaise is disgusting!
I have a slight preference for Duke's for two reasons. It's a bit closer to the meat dept in Wood-Mart, and it's Ray Gillettes expression of annoyance on "Archer".
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I'd eat a road killed possum before I'd eat either one. Mayonnaise is disgusting!

I’ve noticed before that mayonnaise seems to be like cilantro. You either like it or hate it. Personally I think it’s people that have tried miracle whip thinking they were eating mayo so now they’ve sworn off it forever.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

What about the Miracle Whip in chili debate?

Here... or start another post?

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by renegade50

Them stupid fuggs in Eurotrashland put mayo on french fries and eat whole jerky dried Mackerel on a stick like a fugging corndog.
LMFAO!!!

That's funny, close friend from PA stayed with us this weekend, his wife is from Belgium.

Ate at a sammich shop/pub last night, she ordered mayo on the side....for her fries. sick
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't knowhow you guys got so screwed up. Miracle Whip is the Gold Standard, it says so right on the label.

Yep............................. mayonnaise leaves me ......................... wanting..... laugh

Grew up on nothing but MW parents said to easy to get poisoned with mayo (goes bad). Hell, old taste buds are now well calcified.
Point of order. Helmans is Best Foods in the west. Don't know wtf a Dukes is.
Tried Duke's and did not find it to be preferable to Hellman's and Duke's costs more.
Duke's and Hellman's/Best Foods are close - to my palate anyway. Duke's is a bit "eggier" maybe. Miracle Whip is quite a bit more vinegar tangy. I like it, too. Some of you must have MUCH more delicate tastebuds than I do.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Okay, so I finally got a chance to try some Dukes. Yes, it tastes very slightly different from Helman's, but there's no way I'd pass up a perfectly good bottle of Helman's to get this stuff. There's just not much difference in taste. For you guys that feel otherwise, good for you, but for my money, there's just not enough of a difference. As for comparing it to Miracle Whip, you couldn't pay me to eat ths crap. Mayo or nothing, I say. Now that we've covered this extremely important and pressing issue.............
Miracle Whip is salad dressing and has a sweet taste, just like Spin Blend. Mayo is different. Duke's is the best. I'm not sure but what Duke's is also cheaper than Helman's, around here.
The avocado mayo from Costco is really good and I am not a fan of mayo.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
I’ve never tried Dukes but having said that, I’ve yet to have any other brand of mayo that even comes close to tasting as good as Hellman’s (Best Foods).

Miracle Whoop is the margarine of sandwich fixins.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Duke's and Hellman's/Best Foods are close - to my palate anyway. Duke's is a bit "eggier" maybe. Miracle Whip is quite a bit more vinegar tangy. I like it, too. Some of you must have MUCH more delicate tastebuds than I do.

laugh
Originally Posted by Prwlr
I don't knowhow you guys got so screwed up. Miracle Whip is the Gold Standard, it says so right on the label.

Yep............................. mayonnaise leaves me ......................... wanting..... laugh

Grew up on nothing but MW parents said to easy to get poisoned with mayo (goes bad). Hell, old taste buds are now well calcified.

In the trailer park, we were always fearful of the great ptomaine poison demons.

Wouldn’t eat mayo in the condiment packages till I was 40 something years old. 😀
I'll take Duke's first every time. Won't stop me from eating Hellman's though if Duke's isn't available.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Try making homemade.

Once I learned the stick blender method about a year and half ago I haven't used store bought since.
Mayo and sour cream, avoid those and your chances of food poisoning go way way down.
I don't do either.
Like me some tart mustard on a sandwich though.
It's all in what you were raised with. Me, in a family of 9, all we got was Miracle Whip. Love the stuff, mayo is OK but only in or on certain foods, like deviled eggs.
Isn’t Miracle Whip just spoiled mayo? It sure tastes like it. Yuck.
I don't know how you guys got so screwed up. Miracle Whip is the Gold Standard, it says so right on the label.

Ha,

another one that believes everything they see in print.

Bet you believe everything you see on the internet too. wink
We keep Dukes and MW in the fridge.
Different tastes, for different uses.
Plus, mayo seem to hold up better in mac/potato salad.

Just like hot sauces.
I have a friend that eats hot sauce on everydam thing he eats.
And doesn't care what kind, except he dislikes Tabasco!

WTF

We have 4 or 5 basic types. Use according to the food.

Eggs without Tabasco, Blasphemy!
As to the two contestants in the title: there is only one determining factor that will affect the voting, and it has nothing to do with taste.
Originally Posted by Raeford

LMFAO!!!

That's funny, close friend from PA stayed with us this weekend, his wife is from Belgium.

Ate at a sammich shop/pub last night, she ordered mayo on the side....for her fries. sick

When I was stationed in Germany (ages ago) I got to where I actually liked mayo on my pomme frites (french fries for you cultural adolescents)... one time I ordered ketchup for my french fries and they looked at me like I was from Mars.... same thing with salt on our popcorn.... they just laughed their butts off about that little joke...
Arby's Horsey Sauce (horseradish mayo) on fries is the bomb.

As for mayo, Heinz is where it's at.
I grew up eating Miracle Whip. So I can eat eat it. I do use Dukes as my preference now. I do not care for Kraft Mayo.
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Raeford

LMFAO!!!

When I was stationed in Germany (ages ago) I got to where I actually liked mayo on my pomme frites (french fries for you cultural adolescents)... one time I ordered ketchup for my french fries and they looked at me like I was from Mars.... same thing with salt on our popcorn.... they just laughed their butts off about that little joke...

Lol!!!

Stay away from the chicks at a fest eating a fish on a stick.
Look for the ones that aint eating instant fish breath on a stick.

I was a "ugly american" 86 to 88 in germany...

Creampie one of them bytches.
Get set for the bird bath over a pan event by her.
They be gtg till their shower in 2 or 3 days.
God forbid if ya shower more than once or twice a week.
Dont wanta waste water or flush the fugging toliet all day long either.
That meter on the toliet means marks to em.
Meet a little german cutie.
Get her americanized
Shower once a day
Shave them sasquatch arm pits and legs.
Trim up dat bush in a nice landing strip.( helped a few with that)

They will do it for ya as soon as you tell em.
Obedience thing for em.
Willing to please....

LOL!!!
Miracle whip, margarine and homogenized milk.

World changers from milking the cow, scoping the cream and making butter.

First time I remember good homogenized milk was first grade lunch, smooth compared to the basically skim milk with hard cream bits still forming and hit your teeth while drinking cows milk... and goats milk was strong tasting.

Less work, smoother and sweeter.

Kent
At last! Someone else who appreciates good, homogenized milk as opposed to that awful crap fresh from the cow!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Sysco

In gallons

Yes.

Thats the good, heavy stuff they serve you in restaurants. Often in little plastic cups.

You can't buy that in the store.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Sysco

In gallons

Yes.

Thats the good, heavy stuff they serve you in restaurants. Often in little plastic cups.

It’s even labeled “Extra Heavy“. Scoop it out of a 30# pail with ya bare hand! Lol.
Spin Blend here, I like it.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sysco

In gallons

Yes.

It’s even labeled “Extra Heavy“. Scoop it out of a 30# pail with ya bare hand! Lol.

Its sooooo good!
I buy the cheapest they have on sale,
just like I do ketchup and mustard.

They're supposed to complement the
dish, not overpower the flavor.
If you can taste mayo or whatever
condiment over the main ingredient
of the dish, you've slathered too much
on and need to stop and scrape some off
Grew up on MW, sometime in my teens Mom started getting Helmans instead....big improvement. Never had Dukes til we moved to SC and will agree with Rocky, it’s eggier. Around here some of the diners and BBQ joints list their grilled cheese sandwiches as being made with Dukes.
Originally Posted by Ranger99
I buy the cheapest they have on sale,
just like I do ketchup and mustard.

They're supposed to complement the
dish, not overpower the flavor.
If you can taste mayo or whatever
condiment over the main ingredient
of the dish, you've slathered too much
on and need to stop and scrape some off

That don't make no sense.
My BIL grows tomatoes by the bushel. I heap them on potato bread w/ olive oil mayo, salt,pepper and garlic powder w/ an entire avocado. I'll go back to low carb when the tomatoes stop coming.

Miracle Whip is better than no mayo but still the choice of inbreds.

mike r
Originally Posted by auk1124
Arby's Horsey Sauce (horseradish mayo) on fries is the bomb.

As for mayo, Heinz is where it's at.

Dukes. Great on fried fish, fried oysters, fried shrimp or french fries. Great on crackers with cheese and sardines or pickled herring or smoked oysters or salmon.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
My BIL grows tomatoes by the bushel. I heap them on potato bread w/ olive oil mayo, salt,pepper and garlic powder w/ an entire avocado. I'll go back to low carb when the tomatoes stop coming.

Miracle Whip is better than no mayo but still the choice of inbreds.

mike r

This.
My brother swears by Dukes. I haven’t evaluated the topic.
I am THE different one: just butter....no mayo thanks.
Originally Posted by fgold767

I read in an Ernest Hemingway book that they smeared butter all over the cold cut sandwiches when on safari.

I've done the same ever since. It's damn good.
Those were some great MW commercials. Grew up on it.
I don't recall ever trying Duke's and have never tried or seen Blue Plate in my travels.

I buy my mayo by the gallon. It usually last me about 6 months. I tried being a cheap bastid a few times and bought the Bakers & Chefs brand from Sam's. It just didn't cut it. I spend the couple extra bucks for Best Foods these days. Heinze is a pretty decent back-up but I don't see it available in anything but squeeze bottles which would last me maybe 3 weeks, and I'll gag down nasty-ast Mercle Whup before I'll buy that garbage Kraft calls mayo.

Hmmm...........It appears that Bezos stocks Dukes, Blue Plate and several others in a variety of packaging.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I don't recall ever trying Duke's and have never tried or seen Blue Plate in my travels.

I buy my mayo by the gallon. It usually last me about 6 months. I tried being a cheap bastid a few times and bought the Bakers & Chefs brand from Sam's. It just didn't cut it. I spend the couple extra bucks for Best Foods these days. Heinze is a pretty decent back-up but I don't see it available in anything but squeeze bottles which would last me maybe 3 weeks, and I'll gag down nasty-ast Mercle Whup before I'll buy that garbage Kraft calls mayo.

Hmmm...........It appears that Bezos stocks Dukes, Blue Plate and several others in a variety of packaging.
Blue Plate is common around here.
Sysco

In gallons

They still got about 5 different kinds. All under the Imperial house-label.
I’d never heard of Dukes until a thread like this a few years ago. It’s what we buy now. Didn’t used to see it in stores around here, but it’s common now.

I only planted 50 tomato plants this year, started picking last week. There will be a lot of Dukes used in the consumption of BLTs up until frost hits.

I read in an Ernest Hemingway book that they smeared butter all over the cold cut sandwiches when on safari.

There is not a sandwich you can make that isn't improved by a liberal application of butter.

My folks butter both pieces of bread........mayo or "salad dressing" on one slice.

Its a bit much really.
Originally Posted by gophergunner

This^^^. Helmans is good. Too.

I used to spend some time at the table as a kid, picking out those yuccki red specs in the damned MW, trying to make it taste like Mayo, I mean, when staying with cheap relatives. Never helped. Theyve put more crap in it than that to screw up MW.

First off any condiment better be sparingly, I don't want my food 'wet', if it shoots all over the place, forgetaboutit.

Lunchmeat sandwiches, egg salad sandwich or tater salad, that's about it for MW or mayo second choice.

No on a hamburger, no, no... I hate it when i order no mayo add mustard on a burger where I know they put mayo on, and they still put mayo on, f'n idiots.

I once had a hunter in camp, from north Dakota, made my famous tacos. Asked if I had sour cream... dude I don't eat that chit, no... dude got out my mayo and goobed it on the tacos... he was banned from anymore of my camps.

Kent
You ran off a paying customer because of mayonnaise?

Did you also run a soup restaurant in New York City for a period of time in the 90's?
Gotta have standards...

Kent
You gross me out eating and you're banned...

Kent
Another buddy of mine was guiding a guy, he put his muddy boots on the dash of his truck, buddy told him to put them down, dude said he paid for the hunt and he'll do what he wants, buddy made him get out and left him, called the outfitter and told him where to pick the hunter up.

F heads aren't worth the pittance.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Another buddy of mine was guiding a guy, he put his muddy boots on the dash of his truck, buddy told him to put them down, dude said he paid for the hunt and he'll do what he wants, buddy made him get out and left him, called the outfitter and told him where to pick the hunter up.

F heads aren't worth the pittance.

Kent

Hahaha!

Yeah.....I woulda schit canned that guy too.
Anyway, about the north dakota mayo thing, they talk funny... was playing golf with a ND guy and he said, there's a lot of gophers out here, I said ya someone needs to shoot them... shoot gophers? All surprised... ya they're a nuisance... gophers?... Yep gophers...

No no gophers, pointing around...

Oh you mean golfers... chit learn to talk right...

Kent
You ran off a paying customer because of mayonnaise?

Did you also run a soup restaurant in New York City for a period of time in the 90's?

I got that one.
Originally Posted by krp
Anyway, about the north dakota mayo thing, they talk funny... was playing golf with a ND guy and he said, there's a lot of gophers out here, I said ya someone needs to shoot them... shoot gophers? All surprised... ya they're a nuisance... gophers?... Yep gophers...

No no gophers, pointing around...

Oh you mean golfers... chit learn to talk right...

Kent

Hahahaha. Too freaking funny.

Mix up a dollop in tuna/egg/mayo/lime salad. Add a few dashes of Valentinos. Smooth. No one can figure out the secret either.
Had this hot fling what seems like forever ago. She taught me it was totally OK to just have mayo on one slice of a two slice sandwich. I think it was the puzzy cause I gotta get it all over each slice nowadays again. She was a jogger. Hmmmmm.
Hahaha.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I buy my mayo by the gallon. It usually last me about 6 hours. ...

Damn, brah!
Preferences:

1. Blue Plate
2. Duke's
3. Helman's

LMFAO!!!

Go to Utah.
They mix ketchup and mayo, call it fry sauce.
Found that at a Wendy's. They had an extra pump thing there, I've got the
" Mule Looking at a New Gate" look on my face. And the little girl working there
figured it out, "That's fry sauce, it's a Utah thing. Try it, it's pretty good."

It was.
But not better than Heinz!
© 24hourcampfire