Home
Posted By: DigitalDan Gun violence - 07/14/20
What is it?

Never met a violent gun in my life, but the media keeps using the term, including FNC. Guns are inanimate objects; people are another story...
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Control the narrative... control the people...

Journalism 101
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Kind of like a hate crime. If I like you do I get a lesser sentence? Or better calling semi-automatic firearms assault weapons. A lie repeated is still a lie.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Limited to semi automatics and pump shotguns.

Individual gets yanked out of a group confinement cell and shoved into a room with only enough room to exhale with great force..
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Oh yeah and they flick the individual in the back of the head with a pin.
Posted By: billhilly Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
I dunno... Pawpaw's old sbs 16 gauge used to slap me in the jaw every now and then when I was a kid. I though that was pretty violent.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
A friend says, guns don't scare me, flying bullets do.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Never been threatened by a gun, not once.

Assault weapons? Which will permit the assailant to do the most harm? An AR15 or a 12 bore single shot of #4 buckshot?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Rubber buckshot is a less violent gun alternative.

Semi-violent, call it.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Why aren't the prisons filled with guns?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Good question.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
'Automobile Violence' is much more prevalent....

For the yutes of the world it is 'Water' and the 'Chemicals under the Sink' that is violent.....

Seniors have to deal with 'Step', 'Stair' and 'Curb' Violence..................

nobody seems to give a chitt about them..............................
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
What is it?

Never met a violent gun in my life, but the media keeps using the term, including FNC. Guns are inanimate objects; people are another story...

It's a deceptive lie...It means black-on-black violence, but that verbage doesn't fit the agenda.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
kind of like this:

A black guy killed by a cop using a gun, = bad cop

a black guy killed by a black guy using a gun = gun violence.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
News media axiom is, "If it bleeds, it leads". Using terms like gun violence insures ratings which translates into advertising revenue. The news media is not interested in seeking out the truth, ratings and or readership that translate into advertising revenue is all they seek.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gun violence - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
What is it?

Yes, it's criminal violence that's the problem, same thing I told Mom when I brought her a revolver for their house, Mom, I can load this revolver, cock the hammer, it will harmlessly sit on this table till the house falls down around it, OH! Okay, that makes e feel better. crazy grin
© 24hourcampfire