Home
Posted By: xtriangle Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Savage rifles are on sale ...............................
Posted By: Theeck Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
I'm not sure I would take a Savage if it was offered to me for free.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Originally Posted by Theeck

Ditto
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
I'll take a Savage. Our son has 243, nice rifle.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
It's tough to argue with .5 to .75 MOA from four $250 rifles. Two Axis Youth,one in 223 and one in 243. Two full size Axis, same calibers. Factory fodder in the 223s, random handloads in the 243s. I think it was 95 gr bt.

My Savage 112 in 22-250 shot cloverleaf with 60 gr Hornady spire points over 34.3 gr of 3031, thirty years ago. It still shot the same little groups after I had the chamber reamed to take 243AI brass. Same 60 gr bullet, but much slower powder and more of it.

People tell me the Ruger American is just as much accuracy per dollar. Can't say, I have never touched one.
What do you want, a tool, or a jewel?
Posted By: windridge Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Originally Posted by Theeck

You would be a fool if accuracy was your first criteria. Savages out of the box out shoot most other brands after they get "tuned".
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
I dunno about Savage, never owned one, but I'm not sure I'd ever buy anything from Cabela's again. They remind me too much of Walmart.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Savage Buck

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
I have a 10 FP and a Stevens 200, both with Sharp Shooter aftermarket triggers. Fours are tops with the 10, fives with the 200, both have budget aftermarket barrels, while the originals (heavy and light 223) are still in the stash and will rebarrel something else. The only reason I ripped the barrel off the 200 is because I wanted a Fireball. The last group shot with the 10 barrel was a .417 -- the throat finally washed out too far.

As for factory, on my suggestion, a crony bought an Accutrigger model with the new bottom metal and bedded stock. All I did was check the torque on the action screws, detail the bolt, clean the barrel, he broke it in for 20 shots, the paper was promising, all groups under an inch with factory reman cheapo.
Now, the FIRST GROUP with a handload, with virgin cases, went .327 for five. The second group was .428 with a flinch from me that wrecked the group. "Heck with this, here's our fireform load and we can hunt with it." That's about as "factory" as it gets.

Yes, some of the Savages are butt ugly in more ways than one, but pretty where it counts.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
CB Savage
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Cabela's is the last place I'd buy a gun.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Which Savage models are on sale?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The ones that read "Out of Stock" at our regional store. That's all of the Savages listed. This is typical of Ass-Pro Shops. sick smirk
I have enough club points to buy one location. laugh laugh cry
Posted By: boatboy Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
It was a lot of there was talk of ass pro taking over

well its come true they are useless
But Savages shoot
Hank
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20

If you were going to buy an Axis why didn’t you go to the Walmart clearance that was a few weeks ago ?
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

If you were going to buy an Axis why didn’t you go to the Walmart clearance that was a few weeks ago ?

NONE in our area had any.
Posted By: Cretch Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
I have 2 Savage rifles, one in 223 the other a 243. Got both with club points. No problem with either. They are tools to me and accurate for what I need. No complaints.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/16/20
Pawn shop rescues are the best. They just need love.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The ones that read "Out of Stock" at our regional store. That's all of the Savages listed. This is typical of Ass-Pro Shops. sick smirk

I did a little Bargain Cave searching. Actually a lot. I found 2 of the 50 or so rifles I searched in stock at a store near me. Not the slamming good deals, just pretty good. Ruger American Predator 22-250 for $239 iirc. Remington SPS Tactical 223 for $369 iirc. That one was available via online order.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/17/20
Savage, OK.

Cabelas, no thanks.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Cabelas PSA - 07/17/20
Cabelas online ordering.....

Yeah no.

It was actually a less painful experience licking envelopes and using ball point pens 30 years ago, then waiting 2-3 weeks to find out it’s on backorder.
© 24hourcampfire