Home
Posted By: MontanaMarine Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Last night, dude brought down a musk ox, with just a bowie knife. Pretty awesome.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
I felt the risk of serious personal injury, if it were a REAL survival situation, greatly outweighed the possibility of starvation.
A spear, made in short order would have been smarter.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Top of the line Fallkniven survival knife is nice to have.
Posted By: basdjs Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
He shot it with an arrow and finished it with a knife.
Posted By: memtb Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20

We will be now! Thanks for the tip! memtb
I thought I heard him say he left his bow at camp, but had his Bowie.

Maybe I got it wrong, but I believe he got the mobility kill, on the hamstrings, then finished it.

Definitely high risk/high reward. If he can keep it from the bears, he should have meat for the duration.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
When I first watched it, I figured it was just going to be another dumb, fake reality show but this one is actually fun and interesting to watch.

I especially liked the hunting guide that thought he was such a bad ass and on the 1st or 2nd day he killed and ate a muskrat, got sicker than hell and had to go home. lol
Posted By: moosemike Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
I've been watching it but I fell asleep last night. I'll catch up on it after work
Posted By: moosemike Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by Rooster7
When I first watched it, I figured it was just going to be another dumb, fake reality show but this one is actually fun and interesting to watch.

I especially liked the hunting guide that thought he was such a bad ass and on the 1st or 2nd day he killed and ate a muskrat, got sicker than hell and had to go home. lol

Yeah, that dude was too much
Posted By: ERK Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Find it rather good. Pussy like me problably couldn’t do it. Mans got to know his limitations or you could end up dead. Ed k
I would try that as it may be dangerous and one of the things we only see on Tv we shouldn't try.
Posted By: RicG Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
I watch it too. The one dude hasn't got a decent shelter made yet. He'd better hurry... fixin' to get real cold.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
I do not like watching alone. I prefer watching with someone.
Wife binge watched last season and one guy burned his shelter down trying to warm his bed up!
Posted By: add Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
What's season 7 on?

Have only seen season 6 and that was on Netflix.

Thought it was fairly well done production.
Originally Posted by basdjs
He shot it with an arrow and finished it with a knife.

That makes much more sense.

I guess when I saw it, the ox was already sick from the arrow.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by add
What's season 7 on?

Yeah I just watched season 6 on netflix. Dude killed a moose with his bow, and a wolverine with his hatchet.....best season yet. Plus, the guy was a hoot, and not a whiner.
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by add
What's season 7 on?

Yeah I just watched season 6 on netflix. Dude killed a moose with his bow, and a wolverine with his hatchet.....best season yet. Plus, the guy was a hoot, and not a whiner.

Had to give Nicki some credit, how can so much dumb happen and just brush it off? I almost lost it when she got bit....of course, burning your place down is a hoot too!

Moose guy (can't recall his name) was a winner from the start, some people can just make it, most can't
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Jordan Jonas from season 6 is the alpha male from that show.

Bow and arrow Moose and Ax killed a wolverine. Then caught a giant lake trout through the ice when only one other competitor was left. Seemed like he could have gone another month or two.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
No.

I am not.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Jordan and the wolverine was entertaining. Guy could’ve easily kept going.
One of my favorite shows on TV.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Guy shot the musk ox in the ass first. Must’ve hit a femoral artery. The musk ox was real sick when he knifed it. Not the smartest move but he seems to have his act together. He has the best shelter By far, a bunch of food if he can keep it and the right attitude.
Lol, the one guy killed the squirrel and broke down over it.

Knew he wasn't long for.
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Guy shot the musk ox in the ass first.

CLAIBORNE!!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/17/20
Would like to, but it's on extremely late here. How many still out there.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
The one million dollar prize is bringing out the badasses. There are plenty of skills and great attitudes on display w/ this show and they film it themselves, good viewing.

mike r
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
I like it.
Posted By: ATC Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
I've watched every season and really enjoy it. I even got my wife to watch and she's not an outdoors person, although she does look away when they have to kill their food. I think she likes the fact that there are some female competitors. They are some tough women.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20

He shot it with his bow first, made a piss poor shot and did not hit a femoral artery, 3 hours later it was still alive. He finally killed it with his knife. One guy is surviving on just fish and the lone woman is eating squirrels & rabbits. Pretty entertaining. Can't stand the host of the show with his Joe Biden/Ross Geller style "High Beam" whitened teeth.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
Originally Posted by 1minute
Would like to, but it's on extremely late here. How many still out there.

Seven
Posted By: moosemike Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
He shot it with his bow first, made a piss poor shot and did not hit a femoral artery, 3 hours later it was still alive. He finally killed it with his knife. One guy is surviving on just fish and the lone woman is eating squirrels & rabbits. Pretty entertaining. Can't stand the host of the show with his Joe Biden/Ross Geller style "High Beam" whitened teeth.

There's still two women. Callie and Kielyn
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
The one girl trying to make a raft outta an old barrel and some logs had me a bit worried. She got out further than I thought she would and then managed to get back in—I bet she still got pretty wet.
Link?

I haven't had cable since the last millennium.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
I find it quite interesting.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
Wife and I are watching this new season, and catching up on last season.

Good scenery, mildly interesting personal dynamics. How each person is "playing the game" is interesting to me. Nothing great, but entertaining in the background. We like it.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
They should call it The Starvation Show. It's only a matter of time.
Posted By: las Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20

No.

I am not going to read thru the replies, either.. Never, nor will I view it.

If it is a survival situation, there is no camera involved. there is no such thing, with a couple exceptions, of a "reality" show. Especially Alaskan oriented.

I've have never, in over 50 years Alaska , much of it in the Bush, been involved in a "survival' situation. ( "Stupid", yes.... :))

It has been interesting at times... Innovative, you might say. smile. Deal with it....

And I ain't done, even pushing 72... Still more time to get dumfuk out there in the good country.

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

If you ain't effing up, you ain't really trying. Or living..
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
Originally Posted by las

No.

If it is a survival situation, there is no camera involved. there is no such thing, with a couple exceptions, of a "reality" show. Especially Alaskan oriented.

I've have never, in over 50 years Alaska , much of it in the Bush, been involved in a "survival' situation. ( "Stupid", yes.... :))

It has been interesting at times... Innovative, you might say. smile. Deal with it....

And I ain't done, even pushing 72... Still more time to get dumfuk out there in the good country.

lol...ok. Hope the ratings don't plummet. grin
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20
The guy from Africa is interesting. I don't know if i would have wasted time building a guitar when he could have been crafting things to keep himself alive. I guess he was occupying himself which is important.

This season they have some pretty competent people on the show. Although I have noticed that some people have placed their spruce boughs the wrong way for best water runoff.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/18/20

History channel is rerunning this years episodes of ALONE starting this morning at 8:00 am (CT).
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/19/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Last night, dude brought down a musk ox, with just a bowie knife. Pretty awesome.
Aren't those all native property? I assume they paid off the tribe.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I don't have a clue about that.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/19/20
The prevailing shortcoming seems to be trapping small game on a consistent basis..I wonder if they are getting far enough away from their camps to lay their snares?
Thanks for the tip. Harder and harder to find binge worthy stuff that isn't shoving some social engineering agenda down your throat now days.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/19/20
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Thanks for the tip. Harder and harder to find binge worthy stuff that isn't shoving some social engineering agenda down your throat now days.

Season 6 is on netflix, season 7 is current, weekly episodes.
Posted By: Fugawe Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/19/20
Now that The Last Alaskans is gone, Alone is my favorite show.

I miss Heimo and Edna.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/19/20
I was a fan of last Alaskans to
Posted By: joken2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/20/20

I can't quote the exact words but I remember during the program hearing the commentator say after one of the contestants made a kill something along the lines of 'all federal state and tribal game laws are followed'.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/20/20
Originally Posted by joken2

I can't quote the exact words but I remember during the program hearing the commentator say after one of the contestants made a kill something along the lines of 'all federal state and tribal game laws are followed'.

That guy shot the Ox with an arrow first, followed it waiting for it to die, when he started to run out of daylight, he decided to help it along. That is when he ran in, stuck the ox, then ran off, he did that twice, and it finished the ox off.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/20/20
So are all the old seasons on Netflix? Is each season a standalone thing or would it be best to watch from the beginning? Thanks.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
So are all the old seasons on Netflix? Is each season a standalone thing or would it be best to watch from the beginning? Thanks.

So far I've only seen 6, might try to find the others online somewhere.

Season 6, prize was 500K, this year one million.
They drop them in Sept, so they have about a month to prepare for the winter.
Never seen so many cry for joy over a fish or snared rabbit, they get hungry.
Posted By: JCS271 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/20/20
Originally Posted by las

No.

FYI, they film themselves throughout their daily activities.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/21/20
Was able to install the Roku History Channel app and it has all seasons. I'm bingin'.
This schit's real LOL.
Posted By: add Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/21/20
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Are you, or any else able to communicate where this mysterious Season 7, can be located?
Posted By: tzone Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/21/20

Kinda...he shot it with a bow first and let it get sick for 3 hours. Then caught it with the knife.
Originally Posted by add

Are you, or any else able to communicate where this mysterious Season 7, can be located?

The History Channel app has all old seasons and the current one. Starting from season 1 today for me.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/21/20

Originally Posted by add

Give this a try: https://www.history.com/shows/alone/season-7
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/23/20
Started watching Season two and there was this tough guy black dude that was bragging to all his buddies about how easy it was going to be and how the bears and other wildlife would have to worry about HIM.

ROTF, the guy lasted one friggin day. He didn't even get a tarp shelter up or spend the night. They dropped him off mid morning and he tapped out and called for a pickup before sunset. TFF.
Started watching Season two and there was this tough guy black dude that was bragging to all his buddies about how easy it was going to be and how the bears and other wildlife would have to worry about HIM.

ROTF, the guy lasted one friggin day. He didn't even get a tarp shelter up or spend the night. They dropped him off mid morning and he tapped out and called for a pickup before sunset. TFF.

I remember that one. Too funny.
Originally Posted by Fugawe

I miss Heimo and Edna.

I liked them too.
Originally Posted by tzone

Kinda...he shot it with a bow first and let it get sick for 3 hours. Then caught it with the knife.

That's what I figured out, eventually.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/23/20

I remember that one. Too funny.

Guy was talking smack to his homies about cruising through 3 months and he made it 8 hours. In the video recap, he had his head in his hands and was saying "this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do..."

It's the Pacific Northwest also, and it wasn't even raining out yet. One of the nicest days you'll ever see on Vancouver Island.
Posted By: LJBass Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
Probably should let the thread die. People where asking where to watch it. Since you guys have got me started, I'll list where I rounded them up.
Amazon Prime Season 1-2
HULU Season 3-4-5-6
Netflix Season 6

Season 7 is currently running. Enjoy.
I haven't see it yet. where can i find it.?
Posted By: deflave Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
We watched the season on NetFlix and I about choked I was laughing so hard.

"Barry" was the best. LOL
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
I tuned in just after the muskox kill, he was slicing the testicles to make soup. After supper he was applying brains to his face and hands, he had stored the brains in a pouch fashioned from the animal's scrotum.
Posted By: immature Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
Wife and I both enjoy it. At the first of this season when the guy found part of an old aluminum boat and made a hot tub out of it instead of figuring out how to make a fishing boat I figured he was more concerned about showing off for his Youtube channel instead of surviving. He quit when he lost his fire starter (maybe while building the fire under his hot tub?). Last night after seeing a couple of people have meat or fish taken by animals off of their food caches I told my wife I would build a log crib on the ground that anything short of a bear couldn't get into, and that's exactly what the guy that killed the musk ox did.
A surprising number of contestants in past shows have tapped because they missed the family - when they start looking at photos and talking about the family they were done for.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
The guy that lost the firestarter, what a comedy!! I think he intentionally lost it! Some of these people should be screened better before allowed to be a contestant! Bathtub boat, I would have utilized that aluminum in another way. Make it back into a boat, roofing for the shelter, cache,? Not a hot tub.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20

I miss Heimo and Edna.

I liked them too.

The last Alaskans is on again!!!
Posted By: joken2 Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20

In my opinion the winner of season 1, Alan Kay, was the most interesting to watch and listen to of any of the contestants so far and possibly established a more lucrative career afterwards than any as well. He's even been narrator for several other different shows since winning.
Originally Posted by sniperhunter
I haven't see it yet. where can i find it.?

We have Dish, and it comes up on The History Channel.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

I miss Heimo and Edna.

I liked them too.

Thanks, I'll have to look for that.
Posted By: Fugawe Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
Originally Posted by Whelenman

I miss Heimo and Edna.

I liked them too.

I haven't seen anything about it but I hope you're right! What channel?
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
I think the History channel!
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
Originally Posted by LJBass
Probably should let the thread die. People where asking where to watch it. Since you guys have got me started, I'll list where I rounded them up.
Amazon Prime Season 1-2
HULU Season 3-4-5-6
Netflix Season 6

Season 7 is currently running. Enjoy.

The History Channel app on your smart TV or Roku has all seasons.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
Some dude who was a survival instructor for 10 years lost his ferro rod on day 2 in a Pacific Northwest rain forest. ROTF. The rest is history.
Posted By: Ramdiesel Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/24/20
Originally Posted by kenster99
The guy that lost the firestarter, what a comedy!! I think he intentionally lost it! Some of these people should be screened better before allowed to be a contestant! Bathtub boat, I would have utilized that aluminum in another way. Make it back into a boat, roofing for the shelter, cache,? Not a hot tub.

No joke...It seems like every season now someone is setting their shelter on fire. Use that aluminum boat as a roof right over the fire to trap a lot of sparks coming off the fire and rest a little easier...It would probably help radiate more heat back into the shelter too..
Originally Posted by Roland
There's a lot of goodness in a set of nuts.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/26/20
Just started season 4. They decided to do teams of 2. A person and a family member. So one of the teams has two brothers named, get this, Bill and Ted. So it's going to be Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. Party on dudes.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 07/30/20
I'm addicted to this damn show. Plowed through 4 1/2 seasons already. Beats watching the news, that's for sure.
Posted By: deflave Re: Anybody watching ALONE? - 08/14/20
© 24hourcampfire