Home
I know where I stand on issues that matter to me and I know how I'm going to vote. That being said, I made a decision to turn off the news and listen to, watch and think about positive, productive, interesting things today and it was a really nice day! Might try this again tomorrow.......
Good for you. Same here, I just keep extra busy with work and read a ton more. Been reading more fiction lately.
I never watched the news on my own. My parents did, my in-laws did and to an extent, my wife did. I didn't have it on to turn off. It's always been propaganda, even locally.
Stopped watching TV news four years ago. I rarely turn the TV on anymore.
I get it, I can be really upsetting seeing people burn down statues and business. I never thought people in the time and age could still be this gullible.
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I know where I stand on issues that matter to me and I know how I'm going to vote. That being said, I made a decision to turn off the news and listen to, watch and think about positive, productive, interesting things today and it was a really nice day! Might try this again tomorrow.......

You did yourself a favor. I turned it off a few years back. I do watch about 15-30 minutes of local news in the AM but thats it.
It's not "news" it's political BS by a bunch of people who are not "experts"? For instance, any of the news anchors ever been elected?? Hmmm NO, Ever built a business? Filed bankruptcy for a failed business? No? You mean to tell me they are not perfect? But they are so judgemental and full of crap?
Ostrich
I never watch the news. I don't need to get angry over lies. The local news is laughable nonsense, seriously voiced.
I too do not watch the news as the newscasters are propaganda puppets and not journalist.
The news is pathetic as are most of the websites. It is just all too frustrating for me, I get so mad I need to break things! What is scary is how so many believe every single word without question. The left own the airwaves, for the most part, and are really good at what they do. Influencing the minds of the sheep!
You have to search far and long for a good source.

NBC affiliates need a salt mine.
I been up on my roof for awhile,replacing it, doing the whole roof. Then the siding, thing is when you start projects like these you think alot and organize what your doing and clearly see what needs to be done. lt's not just because there is no TV going up there causing fog and smog with attendant noise polution. It's because you have removed yourself from the world of being entertained to the world of reality and being productive doing something that gives you some personal satisfaction from your own efforts. The vast majority of the people in this country have yet to rediscover this. They still need to be entertained. You can see clearly from the roof from simple purpose up there to removing all the invasive media crap in your life. I am damned glad I decided to do it myself. It has saved me a bunch of cash and a lot of wasted time. Remove yourself from any and all liberal influence in your life before it degrades you. Mow the grass, load ammo etc. MB
I haven't turned it ON for 25 years.
I gave up on the news a while ago, used to watch it every evening. I can honestly say I don't miss it.
I watch a little local in the morning to catch weather updates,but the national affiliates have gone of the rails.
I tell everybody turn off the news and you will be alot happier
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.The mainstream and local news is full of panic and propaganda.I catch the weather on the local news.I do watch Lou Dobbs,Tucker,Hannity and Laura.Between those I can usually sort out some sort of truth to what's going on.
Quit watching MSM about 2 years ago...
The old, don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see, may fit.

I do like to know what the other side is saying at times.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It's always been propaganda, even locally.

I don't think it was as bad back in the 50's and 60's. Seems like it gets worse as time goes on.

GOOD FOR YOU. One does NOT watch the news any more. You watch opinion (leftest) and propaganda (leftest). TRUMP 2020. Yep, MY mind is also made up. Have a GREAT day sir.
Good for you! If you really want some peace, don't cheat and watch the weather either.
Went this route a few months back and feel measurably better for it. As someone already stated it isn't really news. When you see a clip now after having turned it off for a while it is almost shocking how far from news it really is. I always knew what it was but when I see a clip now it is almost comical how transparent it is. Full blown propaganda, which is disturbing on an even deeper level.
I refuse to watch the news on TV.

It's TOTAL BULLSCHIT!

I get my news from Rush Limbaugh and Lars Larson.

I turn on my TY to watch videos, and that's ALL!

Virgil B.

Look, you have to listen to the news reporting favorable to President Trump. The other news is called "Fake News".
Originally Posted by Slavek

Look, you have to listen to the news reporting favorable to President Trump. The other news is called "Fake News".

Says the dipschit from somewhere other than the greatest nation the world has ever seen.
Where you subjects can maybe beg for some dispensation from your rulers. TFF
Try to catch weather forecast, but I'm well schooled on the virus, so I skip that part.
Don't blame you... I've been doing the same for weeks now... YouTube has actually interesting things to watch/listen to..especially the music..
Tiktok is another great option.
I really started seeing the media bias during the GW Bush years and has been becoming progressively worse over the years.We also have to remember who was in the Whitehouse for eight years in the 90's.
When the console curtis mathes died, I stopped watching Brokaw.
Nebraska- I made a decision to.... listen to, watch and think about positive, productive, interesting things today and it was a really nice day! Might try this again tomorrow.......

I'm sorry to hear you will be leaving the Campfire. We need more good guys.
Originally Posted by Slavek
Tiktok is another great option.

Yep, for commies. You should tune in to cnn. Listen to them prove Trump and Putin are in like Flynn. Then you could get on here like Leroy and fill us in.
For those of you who dont tune in, there's nothing really going on. Everything is just honkey dorey.

Same old same old for the last 50 years.
Originally Posted by slumlord
When the console curtis mathes died, I stopped watching Brokaw.

Anyone younger than 30 has no idea what you are saying here. 😄
There is not, nor has there been since my childhood over 60 years ago, any "news" in the news, print or broadcast. All "news" is entirely opinion/spin/propaganda. It baffles me that anyone takes it seriously.
There is nothing interesting to me on TV anymore, much less the news. 3 TVs in the house and two haven’t been turned on in a couple months. The other one the wife occasionally watches chick flicks on Hallmark and Lifetime.

I get my info from a variety online news sources; trying to balance out what is BS and what is real. Any entertainment is streaming or online content. I find amateur content creators on YouTube to be more watchable.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
It's because you have removed yourself from the world of being entertained to the world of reality and being productive doing something that gives you some personal satisfaction from your own efforts.

Woke up early this morning and went to the range with a new shooter. She wanted to buy her first handgun so we tried out a spectrum of options and she fell in love with the Glock 44. Great place for her start because it was easy for her to operate and it gave her a lot of confidence. I LOVE taking new shooters to the range!
The news is basically cancer for your brain at this point.
TV is for MMA.
© 24hourcampfire