Home
Posted By: jackmountain "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
Pretty damn good. Don't remember the incident in the news back then.

Disgruntled, possibly "slightly" crazy guy buys huge dozer, spends the winter armoring it, destroys most of the town that he feels transgressed against him.

Oh yeah, has .50bmg AR50 mounted and shoots through portals.
Posted By: keystoneben Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
The killdozer?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
Apparently it happened the day before Ronald Reagan died, so it got lost in the media cycle.

He tore the hell out of Granby Colorado!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
A man pushed to his "I don't give a fuqk" limit. He got done what he wanted to get done.

Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
We were just talking about the killdozer a couple days ago. As I remember he suffered a fate common to urban tank maneuvers when the Cat fell into the basement of a home he was driving through.

ETA, guess I misremembered, no basement involved.
Posted By: deflave Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
Jack,

I watched it the other day. Dude had a plan. LOL

A real life falling down.
Posted By: deflave Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 07/31/20
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
We were just talking about the killdozer a couple days ago. As I remember he suffered a fate common to urban tank maneuvers when the Cat fell into the basement of a home he was driving through.

ETA, guess I misremembered, no basement involved.

There was a basement involved. It is what hung him up.
Posted By: Alaskajim Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
I remember this happening, my wife and I were actually considering moving to Granby to expand our business. This happened and we decided not to. I’m glad we didn’t now, but mostly for other reasons.

I believe he lost his engine coolant and that’s the only thing that stopped him, otherwise he would have had many hours yet to wreak the town. I believe I read somewhere that a piece of concrete block made it into the fan and wedged into the radiator.

I’ve thought about this incident a few times over the years, I think in hindsight what they might of been able to do is try to crawl from the top forward to the exhaust and dump bricks down the stack, then clay on top of the bricks. I don’t know, maybe that might’ve stopped him. I’m not sure if iron stuffed into the tracks would work on a dozer this size.

The guy was obviously crazy.
Posted By: bkraft Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
Gotta love a boy with a dream.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
Ha Ha.

" We might need a SWAT team"
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
Well done show. Certainly gabbed and held my attention.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
Soinds like a good phuqcin time to me!!

Getting ready to watch the show.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
Drove through Granby just by coincidence a week or so after it happened. Damage was... impressive.
Posted By: Lennie Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/01/20
Watched last night. Worthwhile view.
Posted By: KFWA Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/03/20
I watched it last night.

I started out sympathizing with the guy but then as the story went on the documentary made it seem like he was just looking for reasons to be pissed off.

I do believe that Docheff did curse him out for buying the muffler shop property from him at the auction. The Thompson brothers admitted Docheff was a hot head that shot his mouth off, but of course he denied saying anything after the auction was over.

But he also offered the guy $375K for his shop( after Marvin initially asked $250K, then demanded $1m), gave him the easement (probably under duress from the city council) - so he did all he needed to do.

At the end Marvin Heemeyer just wasn't going to accept anything after he felt he was slighted. Him and my old man had that in common.
Posted By: Higginez Re: "Tread" on Netflix - 08/03/20
Those folks was a bunch of aholes but didn’t deserve what they got.

But it was kinda fun to watch.
© 24hourcampfire