Home
Posted By: las Replacing seatbelt help - 07/31/20
I have a couple of dog-customized rear seat belts in 2003 Ram 3500.

I ordered used replacements off e-bay that came Saturday.. Installation seems straightforward (U tube).

However, as they are came in the package, uninstalled, they are locked up. Should they be? Will they unlock once installed? Sensors? Is there a technique I should know about? I cannot find specific info on the installation and making them work (assuming they are "good"..

I'll take them in to have dealer look at them tomorrow, but I think I know what they will say - whether truthfully or not. They'll want to provide new ones and the installation labor. Ain't gonna happen.

I know if they have been in an accident, they have a one time-use super lock up and are henceforth unusable, but I don't know squat about this.

I might have got took.......again.... smile
Posted By: Tansun Re: Replacing seatbelt help - 07/31/20
Seatbelts for dogs? Dogs don’t need no stinking seatbelts, they ride in the bed of the truck running from side to side while saying hi to anyone coming near the truck. 😉
Posted By: hookeye Re: Replacing seatbelt help - 07/31/20
id go with chain, dogs wont chew that
Posted By: las Re: Replacing seatbelt help - 07/31/20
I may have gotten too flip there. The people belts were chewed by the dog(s). The dogs are mostly in the front seat with us . Occasionally there are people riding back there tho. For some reason they all insist on wearing a seat belt, often with their eyes closed.

Bunch a sleepy heads I guess.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Replacing seatbelt help - 07/31/20
Good luck with it as I have a frayed on in my Tacoma that needs replacing. Spendy dang things, even aftermarket. I'll be watching to see what your dealer tells you. I believe you'll get the response you mentioned though.
Posted By: las Re: Replacing seatbelt help - 07/31/20
I did. Looks like I got screwed with some accident locked ones.

Of course I deleted the emails/order stuff. No invoice or contact info, except a return address on the box. Looks like I'll have to write them for a refund. Riiiiight.... Maybe E-bay can help me...

I'll probably just have to eat the $80 or so, after caribou hunt I'll pull mine and send them into a repair service. All that is wrong is webbing is chewed- on about half, the other about 90%
© 24hourcampfire