Home
Posted By: Esquire NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
Someone I know for 50 years tells me that the NY State Attorney General is about to drop significant news tomorrow regarding their litigation against the NRA. As a reminder the NY State Attorney General's office is seeking to revoke the charter of he NRA which for all intents and purposes would be the end of the NRA. The NRA is chartered in NY and they only exist as an entity under NY law. I told him that I would believe it when I see it. Just passing it along to the forum. Tomorrow will be interesting in this regard.
Posted By: CCCC Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
Originally Posted by Esquire
Someone I know for 50 years tells me that the NY State Attorney General is about to drop significant news tomorrow regarding their litigation against the NRA. As a reminder the NY State Attorney General's office is seeking to revoke the charter of he NRA which for all intents and purposes would be the end of the NRA. The NRA is chartered in NY and they only exist as an entity under NY law. I told him that I would believe it when I see it. Just passing it along to the forum. Tomorrow will be interesting in this regard.
Normally, corporations choose the state where they wish to be chartered = if the NY guy does manage to revoke their charter, they can simply go elsewhere. They could make the move even before he does much more.
They could come to Idaho, as long as they leave Wayne in New York with his millions.

Pot calling kettle troll.
New york ass holes don't like the NRA. city boys

Posted By: Esquire Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
If the allegations contained in the complaint are true then there will be significant criminal exposure to those involved.
If the allegations contained in the complaint are true then there will be significant criminal exposure to those involved.

yup
Posted By: NVhntr Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
I don’t care, I’ve moved on.
Wayne better get some custom orange jump suits tailored in Italy really fast.

Hopefully he'll move on and let someone else come in and put the house back in order.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
New york ass holes don't like the NRA. city boys

Wayne good, Trump bad..... Like a broken record.
Bump
Would have thought they would have reorganized to a DE or other better business state long ago.
NY is a chitty place to register.
Corrupt as all get out
Posted By: Esquire Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
It's not that simple. What the NY AG is trying to do under NY Business Corporation Law is a death sentence for the NRA. There is no moving to another state. It will cease to exist and it's assets will be liquidated in order to pay debt and restitution. If there's anything left after that the proceeds will be turned over to similar tax exempt organizations that advocate for gun rights. A judge might even remove the current leadership and appoint a receiver during this fight.

The NRA will certainly fight this but they will run out of money quickly given the inability to raise funds during this process.
Good, no reason to drag things out. Time to move on.
Posted By: RufusG Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
Would be pretty funny if this turned out to be the best thing ever to happen for gun owners.
Over my lifetime I’ve seen a lot of things come and go. Take for instance presidents. Some real bad like , LBJ, Carter and Obama. Some great like Reagan and Trump. And some mediocre.
Leaders of company’s and organizations are the same.
It will be a sad day if the NRA folds. The liberals will have won. Hasbeen
It's not that simple. What the NY AG is trying to do under NY Business Corporation Law is a death sentence for the NRA. There is no moving to another state. It will cease to exist and it's assets will be liquidated in order to pay debt and restitution. If there's anything left after that the proceeds will be turned over to similar tax exempt organizations that advocate for gun rights. A judge might even remove the current leadership and appoint a receiver during this fight.

The NRA will certainly fight this but they will run out of money quickly given the inability to raise funds during this process.

I’ve read other opinions on this that mirrored exactly what you are saying here.

The New York scenario will have to play itself out in its entirety.

Then, once played out there in New York, a totaly new organization would have to emerge in another state if not in New York again.

WLP may have some explaining to do.
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2020/attorney-general-james-files-lawsuit-dissolve-nra
I’m going to bet Wayne and company have completely busted the NRA at this point. Hope they put his head on a pike. Wayne has rode the NRA horse into the dirt. Other gun rights organizations have been fighting while the NRA has been fleecing gun owners for the last decade at least.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

yup

Im hoping WLP goes to jail and pays out the ass.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Would have thought they would have reorganized to a DE or other better business state long ago.
NY is a chitty place to register.
Corrupt as all get out

Yeah, like the NRA, huh?
Posted By: CCCC Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m going to bet Wayne and company have completely busted the NRA at this point. Hope they put his head on a pike. Wayne has rode the NRA horse into the dirt. Other gun rights organizations have been fighting while the NRA has been fleecing gun owners for the last decade at least.
Am thinking that, if you are betting on that entire package, it's not likely to pay off much, if anything.
Can't stand wayne l, But its way past time to scrap the 19th amendment.
Bring it back to the way it was, only land owners get to vote.
Maybe a double blessing in disguise?

If the organization can survive it, perhaps they finally do to Wayne what he’s been doing to member donors for years plus maybe some of these new gun owners realize the seriousness of gun ownership as a right and become a little more motivated to pull a lever for Trump in Nov.
NRA, like trump is DONE. Neither was worth a [bleep]! As to a new start-up, there're dozens already in place, and unless someone just wants to salvage the name, its best to just write them off and start from scratch. Doesn't require waiting, as to gun clubs and sponsored matches... suspend them all, NRA membership should never have been mandatory for gun club membership anyway. Good Riddance!

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
NRA, like trump is DONE. Neither was worth a [bleep]! As to a new start-up, there're dozens already in place, and unless someone just wants to salvage the name, its best to just write them off and start from scratch. Doesn't require waiting, as to gun clubs and sponsored matches... suspend them all, NRA membership should never have been mandatory for gun club membership anyway. Good Riddance!

Phil

Another kalifornia lib!
Originally Posted by RufusG
Would be pretty funny if this turned out to be the best thing ever to happen for gun owners.

Somehow I don't think that will be the case. Wayne's hijacking and subsequent crashing of the NRA could easily open us up to more limitations and restrictions of our 2A rights.
WLP is a miserable prick that could give a [bleep] less about the 2nd, and more about padding his pockets. POS.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Somehow I don't think that will be the case. Wayne's hijacking and subsequent crashing of the NRA could easily open us up to more limitations and restrictions of our 2A rights.
WLP is a miserable prick that could give a [bleep] less about the 2nd, and more about padding his pockets. POS.

Gun owners, as a group are still a powerful vote but are badly in need of a National spokesman organization.
Posted By: RufusG Re: NY Attorney General vs NRA - 08/06/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Gun owners, as a group are still a powerful vote but are badly in need of a National spokesman organization.

Everyone agrees that Wayne needs to go, but no one has a plan to jettison him. Everyone is waiting for someone else to solve the problem. This could be the solution, painful as it may be.

As you point out, the power of the NRA is not Wayne's suits, it's the NRA members, and even people who are too cheap to join but still vote for gun rights. Maybe the NRA can be fixed, maybe it can't.

Maybe it's time for a new national federation of the state 2A groups, responsible on the national level but answerable to the member groups, not to Il Duce in Fairfax. Constitute the Board from the state groups, not Wayne's lap dogs. I'm sure others can come up with other ideas.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

Another kalifornia lib!

Yep. He and the disgusting state deserve each other.
She has a rep for being through.
© 24hourcampfire