Home
Posted By: mtnsnake Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Have many will stay home and not go hunting because of the virus?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I will hunt coyotes and wolves somewhere as soon as this f'ing summer ends. I am just now looking for leftover/ oc tags for Antelope, Elk and Muledeer. This has been a difficult time to make plans for the future. It is bad timing but I am currently searching for a trailer/toy hauler.

mike r
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
We have 6 elk tags too fill and a few deer tags. Going to be busy.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
What virus?
New Mexico is trying to enforce a 14 day quarantine on out of staters. How fugged up is that?

Just making criminals out of everyone that goes. Absolutely nobody will follow that law.
Posted By: Full3r Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Your supposed to be “safe” when you are outside. I plan on living in the woods all fall. 55days till now season opens.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Quarantine at elk camp.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
The guy who owns our local archery pro shop says that he has been extremely busy and that he expects the woods to be full of archers. He thinks that people are wanting to hunt elk and put in a large supply of meat. He said that people are coming into the shop saying that they haven't archery hunted in 20 years, but that they are going to do it this year. He also is selling a lot of equipment, but the manufacturers are running late with deliveries. Some are quoting delivery times that are after our archery season ends.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I hunt local 😃
Posted By: rong Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Deers got the vid ?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I'm still on the fence about having Rancho(Bozemanite) come up here and blast cock.

Bozeman is a hotspot.....
Posted By: EdM Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I suspect I am out on my BC goat, elk and moose hunt to begin 28 August. Youngest son and I were to do spring bear here in Idaho but, at the time, hunting was closed to out of staters.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
It’s early, but at this point I have these planned-
Doves
Elk archery
Deer archery
Pheasants and quail
Deer rifle
Coyotes

And I hope to plug a few gaps in the schedule as fall gets closer.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Business as usual for us.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
What does the virus have to do with hunting?
Posted By: old_willys Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Still debating if I am flying back to PA for deer season, my brother tells me he is not seeing a lot of deer on the old homestead this year.

BUT our party of 5 is still planning to drive to Colorado for 3rd season elk, and I will hunt CA for deer, bear and hogs.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Won't change a thing for me.
Posted By: skinner Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Looking forward to my Maine moose hunt. I just hate having to drive thru NY to get there.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I am old and crippled but I will be out there in deer season. Then later I will be hunting coyotes.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Have many will stay home and not go hunting because of the virus?

There will be plenty of dead chit in Colorado, my crew will see to that. And, I have my once-every-four-years slam dunk antelope tag, plus elk and deer (OTC)..... Dove in less than a month. Grouse and marmots in Sept. Ducks and geese.

Looking forward to it!
Posted By: jwall Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
NO changes for me.

I “intend” to hunt EVERY day that I possibly can.

Jerry
Posted By: Morewood Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Bow season starts next Saturday. Son and I will be camping in our honey hole in the northern Sierra on Thursday to set a tree stand on public land in search of velvet blacktails or the occasional muley.

Way too early to hunt IMO, but I like archery season. Weeds out all the dipchit rifle hunters in this whacked state.
Posted By: WAM Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Originally Posted by Morewood

Way too early to hunt IMO, but I like archery season. Weeds out all the dipchit rifle hunters in this whacked state.

Plenty of dipschit bow hunters, too! LOL! You self righteous or what?
Posted By: Morewood Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Self righteous? Nah. Just my personal observation. I have nothing against rifle hunters, been one for decades, but the sport has changed in this state and I find bow hunting more enjoyable.

Happy hunting, WAM.
Posted By: las Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Leaving in the morning. Have to pass thru Anchorage, Fairbanks, and points in between. 750 miles worth. Season opens Monday.

I'm prolly gonna get Corvided by all them dirty fuel pump nozzles...Yeah, sure that's the ticket.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Bow season isn't happening for me this year. Not because of the Kung Flu, but because I am getting a new knee in two weeks. Lord willing, I will be in the woods with my new flintlock in December.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
They(Admin) changed the school schedule so I can't take my regular labor day sheep hunt. I have to go Goat Hunting in early October instead.
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
no trips for me this year, though I don't go out of state too often.

Can't pull my bow back due to having a thumb joint replacement surgery.

I will, however, utilize my wife's crossbow some until rifle season begins.
Posted By: bartman Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
September 1 opener and plan to hunt the same as always. Dove, squirrel, rabbit, duck, pheasant, deer and crow and predators late in the season. Just want to get out and walk around in the fresh air without a mask.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I asked this question of Jeanne Horne, of J Bar H Outfitters, in North Colorado. She told me that not one person has canceled their hunt for any season. She also said that she is getting calls every week asking if she has openings. So most people seem to be getting ready to go hunting this year. I know I am.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
My wife and I have hunted Anticosti Island every year since 2003. THIS year it looks like it will be a no go and we are heart broken. The US/Canada border is closed until at LEAST Aug. 21st. Then there'll most likely be ANOTHER extension. They have already cancelled hunts for September and October. We hunt the 3rd week of November. About the only reason I go there is to provide my wife the opportunity to see lots of deer. There is a strong possibility of hunting ALL season in New Hampshire and not seeing a deer. She is more than willing, but I am the fly in the ointment. I am on the fence about putting her through that. I shot my first bear at 71 and because there is a chance of no Anticosti hunt, she mentioned the desire to do a hound hunt for bear. I have a friend that is looking for shooters and I got in touch with him and he is ecstatic about us hunting over his dogs. He claims he has some perfect spots for us, even at our age.

Now as for the "virus". The ONLY virus that is a problem is the one in Washington DC. I believe this whole thing is a world wide conspiracy against Trump. The planet wants a New World Order led by ONE leader. They want Trump gone. America need to wake the F U C K up. I work EVERY day and I come and go as I see fit. NO DAMN POLITICIAN will tell me I can't unless he/ she is willing to face MY consequences.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Do you think we need to be worried about a virus while in the woods?
Posted By: jdunham Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Plan to hunt harder than ever this season. Moose hunt in Alaska scheduled for September as long as things don’t get derailed. I plan on putting a bunch of deer in the pantry this season also. Going to be canning a ton of venison for me and my parents and in laws. Thinking that sitting in a tree reflecting on life will be better than watching the circus that will be going on this fall.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
My only concern is that the woods will be packed like during turkey season, with so many staying home. Just bought my extra tags and doe stamps.
Posted By: Simoneaud Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
We gather at a camp down the Bayou from my camp for suppers every night during deer season. There is normally 10-17 people there all in the camp, lots of young guys and old men, that have been all over the place working during the week. I don't know what it's going to look like at night/supper time this year. I may be staying at my camp for suppers. that would suck.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Dove, duck, quail, cranes, deer, hogs, rabbits, coyotes, black panthers, bobcats, ravens,...
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
I do not understand the why and wherefor's of these reports, but wilderness hiker travel is waaay down here. A 120 miles of the Pacific Crest trail goes through the three wilderness areas in our county, arguably some of the most scenic of it's 2,650 miles. I would think that wilderness hiking would be a safe way to have fun in the current conditions. The only thing that occurs to me, crazy as it sounds, is the demographics of the hikers themselves, students, teachers, retired teachers, lots of millenials...democrats living in abject fear?? Occasionally I give these older people a lift into town, where they re-supply, shower, have a burger and a pitcher of beer, a night in a real bed (local B&B's)etc. Mostly they are democrats...and they are amazed that an obviously redneck republican in a badly beat up pickup with a chainsaw and a rifle in the rack...actually seems to be polite and helpful. One other strange point about the demographic, the people who are interested in the old lever action rifle and ask about it, who may be republicans(who knows), are the same ones, and only ones, who offer to chip in a few bucks for gas for the lift.
Posted By: paddlejon Re: Hunting this year. - 08/07/20
Those of you that hunt across state lines may need to look at getting tags early. KY stopped the out of state (Non-res) Turkey tags back in the spring due to the election infection.

Haven’t seen anything yet for fall seasons. Just a heads up
© 24hourcampfire