Home
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/08/07/salt-lake-city-police/
Shoulda just shot the knife out of his hand! wink
And that's why we don't do drugs, kids. And that's why movies and TV shows are not good role models for you, kids. And this is how you commit suicide by cop, kids.
I love a happy ending!.... And if it was suicide by cop then he was eminently successful and the world is now a better place.
The female officer fired first. There is an echo, so one shot sounds like two shots. Looks like she hit him pretty well, and then the guy just blew him away.
goodbye to the Wendy’s
Very cool indeed. Cops one, dipschit zero. Worm food!
Originally Posted by slumlord
goodbye to the Wendy’s

IIFC, there is a Wendy's about half a block away.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
goodbye to the Wendy’s

IIFC, there is a Wendy's about half a block away.
karen gonna light the spicy chicken banner up jack
She didn't keep her promise..I'll never forgive her for that!

That was a pretty balsy shot, she must be pretty confident in her abilities.
“What the f--- dude?” the other man yelled, as he walked away from where Preece had fallen.

Exactly
Those cops must be very confident in their shooting abilities. That was a small moving target. This situation could have ended very bad if the officers weren't excellent marksmen and had cool heads.
They need to go back to shooting school. If you can't make the shot the first time, let alone nine shots later, you need to think twice about taking the shot.
Good thing I’m not a popo......”mehhhhh, Central this is gonna just be two gay guys having a lover’s quarrel, carry on,....show me 10-8 back in the vehicle”
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Salt Lake City Police Shoot Hostage Taker

As they should, but that was a pretty risky shot at the time the fun began into a fairly small window, better shooting than most LEO's can do. Kudos..............but I'd be willing to be she get reprimanded, if not publicly, then privately.

MM
Left unsaid in the article: Was the umbrella recovered?

Honestly, looked a lot more like two really f-ed up goofballs than a "hostage situation".
Antifa shopping for a new umbrella
There’s so much wrong in that video that I don’t even know where to start.
Good thing I’m not a popo......”mehhhhh, Central this is gonna just be two gay guys having a lover’s quarrel, carry on,....show me 10-8 back in the vehicle”

LMFAO....I’d definitely give myself both time and space...
Wenches tend to be better shots than dudes most days.
Guy with a knife to another’s throat, only a CNS hit is good enough. Not a head hit, a CNS hit. Much smaller target, moving around, with the bullet having to traverse much of the head to reach it. I could probably make that shot, made a similar one on a young coon fifty feet up a tree last week with my carry gun. But in that situation, I am gonna wait for a better opportunity. Original cop should have tased the perp immediately when he had the chance, no warning, if he could make the hit. Stop the whole thing before it started. A LOT can go wrong when a knife is to a person’s throat, and in a blink. Allowing that to come about was a big mistake.
Yes I agree the first cop should have tazed the Psycho, he had a clear shot. All's well that ends well and that female cop made some good shots on that guy, he was right next to the hostage when she fired.
Could the "hostage" have been more passive?

I mean seriously????? WTF?

How stoned were these dudes?
Wonder if they have rifles available? A patrol carbine/rifle, especially with an optic of some sort, would have made that a much easier proposition.
I remember a story from my Dad’s department from the early 80’s. My fishing partner also a cop, told me the story..

Report of a guy raping a girl in the bathroom at the greyhound station.

Cops go in, look under the stalls, see a women on her knees.
The two cops go into the two adjoining stalls, come up over the top, guns drawn.
The perp sees this, spins the girl around, pulls her into his chest and put a knife to her throat.
Guy looks squarely at one of the cops and says, “you may get me, but I’ll slit her throat before you do”.
Cop puts a .357 against his head and replied “I don’t think you are that quick”, BOOM!
Girl has brains all over her, she’s screaming, cop’s partner lost an eardrum, blood and brains everywhere 😂

Years later that same guy shot another guy, this time he happen to do so while saving the old man’s ass.
Few years latter he was let go from the dept for being to rough on perps and homeless transients, after he busted a guitar over one of their heads. He was a big Phuggar too, probably 6’4” 280, liked to work out. Maybe an early case of roid rage?
i have no problem with that outcome.
I wonder what the range was. It looked fairly close in the video and might have been really close in real life.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
They need to go back to shooting school. If you can't make the shot the first time, let alone nine shots later, you need to think twice about taking the shot.

They did make the shot in the first one. And subsequent shots hit the target. That dude was all methed up and didn’t drop right away. Watching the video, they made many good center of mass shots.
"Why are tou xalling me Dude?"
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

LMFAO....I’d definitely give myself both time and space...

Isn't that how Jeffrey Dahmer got his last victim back from the cops?
© 24hourcampfire