Home
The city got hit by a nasty wind storm a couple hours ago. Trees down, power lines down, no power.
A big cleanup job for them.
Guess that's better than Antifa hitting the city?

Sorry to hear that Richard.

Ma Nature is a B I T C H somedays.
Done.
Manitoba had a hurricane on Saturday, several lives lost & much damage.

Hoping the Shootist is OK ?
Thanks men, my wife, and I would head that wat to help our daughter, and family. The rub is I have a coloscopy Wednesday morning. I won't be roaming from from the throne room Tuesday.
I see he has posted today, so all must be well.
I can relate we just got power back on Sat after losing it to the tropical storm with the strange name last Tuesday. It's no fun.
Thanks Richard. Better check on little sis. She lives over in Van Horne.
Live about 40 min east of there. Saw 4 semi’s in ditch on side heading home from work. Lots of trees down. Corn fields flat and a lot of bare trees between Dubuque and Davenport. Been several years sincecc bc we had wind this bad
Someone better check on little Mikey Wiener doubt his double wide could survive this. Wonder if he had time to change his soiled shorts and get his trousers on...
Prayers on the way
No power in NW Lee county Illinois for 2 hours now.
Maybe shoulda kept one welder generator
Can't take a proper nap without central air and cpap
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Hurricane remnants from isuast or wtf the name was, or tornado?
Whoops Mike, yes tornado twisty thingy !
Whoops Mike, yes tornado twisty thingy !

👍. Seemed a bit too continental for the ‘cane!
It's about to hit us now, the lake did a nice job of weakening it for us.
Paul, in 91 a tornado took the roof off the Wabigoon tavern, they stayed open, a topless bar!
My youngest daughter is there in CR very bad damage
Our daughter's place is a mess. We are trying to get there to help end of the week.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The city got hit by a nasty wind storm a couple hours ago. Trees down, power lines down, no power.
A big cleanup job for them.

Praying now, Wabigoon!
Let me know if you have anything more specific.
Hope your girl gets back what was damaged.

Hurricane or tornado?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Hurricane or tornado?

Asked and answered above.
Hope every one is safe and gets back on their feet quickly. It sucks trying to deal with Nature's calamities.

Briefly lived in Hiawatha when I was very young. Dad worked for Collins Radio working on communications for the Gemini and Appollo projects. His last project was communications hook ups when Nixon went to China. He was laid off the day after Nixon left China.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Paul, in 91 a tornado took the roof off the Wabigoon tavern, they stayed open, a topless bar!

HA!
The cell phones are not working. I hope families are well.

The pictures from late yesterday showed a real mess., trees down al over.
Power just came on here after 26 hours.

Years past we always had a welder generator that we could plug into our dryer outlet and run what we needed to. Those have all gone away, and the wife and I have had a couple of discussions about a dedicated generator over the last couple of years.

Our discussion about generators this morning went something like;

Her-
Get a generator and get it hooked up.

Me-
OK Dear
estimating 7 more days before power. Daughter came home to pickup chainsaws this afternoon to help friends. Reports are 10 million acres of crops down
I just talked to our daughter, no power, hot gas water, hit, and miss text, and internet.

She is cooking on a gas grill. One Caseys open forty miles away. Some grocery stores open, they must have generators.
Bring gas, Muscatine is swarmed with Scott, Johnson and Linn county people filling cans. Stations are running out. Line of cars a mile long on I80 waiting to pull off on I80 truck stop in Davenport this morning
Thanks Russ, if the hay gets baled by Friday, my wife, and son are going there to help clean up. They should take lots of ice as well. BBQ gas too.
Bad news.

Hope everyone comes through it okay.
Barry, Becky said two people killed in the storm six hurt.
The town is not out of the woods yet. No power.
The power in central Iowa may be out for up to 2 weeks in portions of the metro. There are a lot of big power lines laying on the ground with a large number of broken poles. My grand kids and daughter in law are staying with us. Her parents are only 7 miles away and they are worse off than the son, daughter in law and grand kids.

kwg
Wabi, little towns in E Texas after the Hurricane flooded New Orleans years ago went without electricity for 6-8 weeks and it wasn't ever mentioned in the MSM.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thanks Richard. Better check on little sis. She lives over in Van Horne.

Thats a metropolis...
was up there today helping, went thru 3 gallons of chainsaw gas. Heard from a friend that is in the utility field that there are over 100 crews there but could be months to get all online. What a mess. Before the chainsaw thread starts I was running 2-029 stihls and 2 -460 huskys
Thanks for the help, and prayers good folks.
I live in CR. If she is caught up on her cleanup maybe you could send her over with a chainsaw? Only if it is a stihl, if she has a husky tell her we are all good.

Power just flip on at my place bout an hour ago. Luckily my old man always springs into action during natural disasters and he hard wired a generator to the main panel. As much as I have been sweating the ac has been nice.
My wife, and son are there, three saws, two generators, ice, long cords, and a lot of sweating.

Thanks!
Good luck to them. It has been tough. Never seen this much widespread damage from one event.

Joking aside. If they need an extra hand, extra generator, gas can or anything else shoot me a message. We have power now and are sitting pretty good for the most part.

Take care.
Lots of folks need help there, daughter told me the animal shelter got a genset to run the well and someone stole it within an hour so chain them down
I have heard a couple of stories of that kind of crap happening. Seems residential areas are still secure. It would be tough to steal a generator in my neighborhood. 10 PM curfew still in effect.
© 24hourcampfire