Home
What were the odds?

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...BsgQ4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1597809703931
lamo Good!
That's what I call a strong indicator.

Even under the boredom of 'lockdown', nobody can shift their brains into a low enough gear to stomach that tripe.
Am I being too optimistic if I thought this number was far more accurate than polling data, proved wrong time after time? It looks like the Dems have lost a quarter of their base from the get go.
It's not a good look for the Dems.

I'll bet there are helmet fires in the Biden campaign HQ.
Joe Bidet/Ho Harris don't need the DNC convention - they've got the USPS mail ballot vote LOCKED UP.
What a bunch of bozo's

Short quite, Washington Post

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s move to nominate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) for president was entirely symbolic as the party rallies around nominee Joe Biden to challenge President Trump. But while the party gave the freshman congresswoman only one minute to speak, her message was a reminder to a potential President Biden: that the far-left is a force he will have to reckon with should he win in November.

“In a time when millions of people in the United States are looking for deep systemic solutions to our crises of mass evictions, unemployment and lack of health care . . . and out of a love for all people, I hereby second the nomination of Senator Bernard Sanders of Vermont for president of the United States of America,” she said.

While the address was diplomatic, the New York Democrat — who did not mention Biden once — has been working with liberal groups to oust centrists like Biden in hopes of strengthening liberals’ foothold in Congress next year. And they’re already poised to increase their numbers, expanding their clout as they seek to push the House — and the next Democratic president — into embracing policies such as Medicare-for-all and the Green New Deal.

“Right now what you’re seeing is that we’ve got a common goal to beat Donald Trump, but come January, we maybe have a different goal,” said Corbin Trent, a former Ocasio-Cortez aide and political adviser. “They won the nomination, so they get to pick the game plan. Now, that doesn’t mean that they get to pick the game plan in the midterms, when we start primarying their a--es. And it don’t mean that they get to pick the game plan when we start recruiting for 2024 and we primary their a--es.”

The moment comes as the party led by pragmatic-minded septuagenarians and octogenarians — Biden is 77 and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is 80 — has sought to feature a more ideologically diverse crop of rising stars. On Tuesday, 17 Democrats delivered the keynote address at the convention; all are under 50.

Those included liberal leaders such as Stacey Abrams, the Black former Georgia House minority leader who nearly defeated Gov. Brian Kemp (R), as well as moderate Rep. Conor Lamb (D-Pa.), who flipped a Trump district in western Pennsylvania in a 2018 special election.

Down ballot, however, liberal outside groups were highly successful in lifting their candidates to primary wins over establishment Democrats. Earlier this month, Cori Bush, the 44-year-old Black Lives Matter activist, unseated 10-term Rep. William Lacy Clay, the 64-year-old heir to a St. Louis political dynasty. Before her, Jamaal Bowman, a 44-year-old former middle school principal, took down 16-term Rep. Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. Both are expected to win in November in strongly Democratic districts.

All told, Justice Democrats, the group that launched Ocasio-Cortez’s candidacy just over two years ago, has won five of the nine primaries it has participated in during this election cycle. And since Trump became president, the far-left has managed to unseat five establishment Democrats, a warning to the broader party.

It’s unclear how effective the crop of newcomers will be in Congress. Much ink has been spilled over the past two years likening Ocasio-Cortez and her “Squad” of three liberal freshmen to the House Freedom Caucus, a band of tea party candidates who regularly ran roughshod over GOP leaders but had little legislative success.

Few congressional liberals beyond that quartet were willing to band together to play hardball with Pelosi, though the Progressive Caucus has been able to secure some wins on internal border security measures and prescription drug proposals. However, on the left’s demands on health care and climate change, Pelosi has routinely sidelined their priorities for fear that they would repel swing voters around the nation and endanger the 31 Democrats representing districts Trump won in 2016.
I'll watch it if they let Biden talk. That would be some high end comedy.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Joe Bidet/Ho Harris don't need the DNC convention - they've got the USPS mail ballot vote LOCKED UP.

They would only need to do that in a few key states to pull it off. I don't like any of the mail-in ideas, other than legit absentee ballots.
Heart breaking news! laugh
I'll be curious to see what the RNC viewership looks like next week.
Wonderful news. Ooooops I meant BAD NEWS for Paddler, saCharlie, LaaaRoy Beans, Call-numb-nuts, Gayghost......DNC convention is a damned pathetic JOKE!
Never fear. They've got Faux to help stoke the fires.

Amusing since people are not skipping the convention for dinner date, nights at the movies, taking the kids out for ice cream....
I also think a lot of the younger folks want their information fast.

They are not so inclined to tune-in to a four-day TV evolution where they have to glean the information that interests them.
MontanaMarine: I heard today (not to be contrary by the way!) that TV viewership was down 42% (forty two percent) from last year!
This report I heard today was including last nights viewership so maybe your older number was correct then.
Either way it is a good sign!
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The lower the better.
Just got back from a high country bow hunting trip for opening deer season so I'm out of the loop. We could only get a few scratchy radio stations up there. NPR, insipid new country, or the God Channel. Thankfully the batteries died on the radio.

Good hunting trip, but no deer arrowed.
Cant understand why anyone would watch either convention.
The rest of them were busy rioting and looting.
© 24hourcampfire