Home
Too late. I won't use tires that pull left. They didn't have the balls to stick to their guns. Apparently lots of PDs let them know their contracts would not be renewed and their stock tanked. Stupid beyond belief.

https://www.rt.com/usa/498454-goodyear-damage-control-trump-boycott/
Screw them- cat's out of the bag now.
You guys are not supporting the American ideal of free commerce.

They should be able to run their business as they chose, and the "system" appears to have worked in this case.

They made a decision, the consumers said FU, and they reversed their decision.

You folks do realize we're talking about a corporate entity, right? Their obligation is to their shareholders to make a profit. Not to support a cause or not support a cause on moral grounds.

I for one, think it was good business on their part to rescind their earlier decision.

The capitalist system worked this time. Supplier realized their demand would go down and they righted the ship. After it took on some water perhaps.
I wouldn't say their stock "tanked". But certainly it is down this week, and they are attempting damage control. Apparently they didn't know who their actual customers are. I hope their stock DOES tank.
Hahaha
Fugg Goodyear! iIcan't wait to get them off my Ford F-150. Goodyears are the stock tires on Fords, we should all write Ford and tell them we won't buy another Ford if they have Goodyears on them!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

They should be able to run their business as they chose, and the "system" appears to have worked in this case.

You folks do realize we're talking about a corporate entity, right? Their obligation is to their shareholders to make a profit. Not to support a cause or not support a cause on moral grounds.

I for one, think it was good business on their part to rescind their earlier decision.

The capitalist system worked this time. Supplier realized their demand would go down and they righted the ship. After it took on some water perhaps.

Read the article closely. They didn’t rescind anything and their clarification showed the truth of the original accusation as they ban, “political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”

In other words BLM & rainbows aren’t the same as political speech or even advocacy like blue lives matter and therefore acceptable.

To your point, if they made a 180 I’d put them on my list of acceptable brands but fact is they are bending the knee to the communists and won’t get my business.

They’re free to whatever Corp policies they like and I’m free not to spend my money on their stuff.

Did the same w/ Dollar Shave Club when they announced they’d be giving money to BLM and told them so.
I don't agree with what they find acceptable and not acceptable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Goodyear sucks. Never bought one in my life. Any vehicle they came stock on, they were replaced with Michelin or Firestone when it came time for new tires. Couldn't care less what their policies are.
Smarquez: To little to late.
No more Goodyear Wrangler Radials for me.
Fugg'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I was hoping to read they had done more than their initial response

They are still committed to seeing BLM support as valid in the workplace while "political" statements like MAGA aren't allowed.
Originally Posted by smarquez
Too late. I won't use tires that pull left. They didn't have the balls to stick to their guns. Apparently lots of PDs let them know their contracts would not be renewed and their stock tanked. Stupid beyond belief.

It's funny how this RUSSIAN news site has more actual news than all the MSM combined.

I hope Goodyear stock tanks and their dealers give corporate hell.
Plenty of other good choices out there besides Goodyear. Fugg em!

I would like to agree with you, however, my suspicion tells me they just backpedaled publicly..... which means their view didn't change, they just suddenly realized that it was a bad idea to say it out loud. I won't be buying any simply based on their views, whether they make them public or not. I'll stick to my Coopers.
What are you talking about, they make a tire and I choose to buy or not to buy. It doesn’t get any more free than that. No one stripped them of their ability to do a damn thing.
Sorry Goodyear. You're a day late and a dollar short.
You just cant fix stupid....
The USA Military uses quite a bit of Goodyear tire products. Now if President Trump would just whisper in the ear of.....,..

Somebody made a really stupid decision without regard for shareholders. They have shown their true colors. And they accused a large portion of their employees of being racist or they wouldn't have tried to shove this bullshit down their throats.
Originally Posted by efw

Read the article closely. They didn’t rescind anything and their clarification showed the truth of the original accusation as they ban, “political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”

In other words BLM & rainbows aren’t the same as political speech or even advocacy like blue lives matter and therefore acceptable.

To your point, if they made a 180 I’d put them on my list of acceptable brands but fact is they are bending the knee to the communists and won’t get my business.

They’re free to whatever Corp policies they like and I’m free not to spend my money on their stuff.

Did the same w/ Dollar Shave Club when they announced they’d be giving money to BLM and told them so.

Interesting, that quote there
“political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy [b]that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.

well then, what I said about them rescinding their position appears to be null and void, doesn't it.

I'd stick with boycotting them then, if they don't consider advocacy that promotes "racial justice and equity issues" political campaigning of as similar nature as a MAGA hat.

Apparently, in this case, my feelings that the capitalist system worked are wrong. They didn't go far enough in listening to their customers, at least that segment that will quit buying for them,.

Just like sports, politics and business are strange bedfellows, eh?

Might be interesting to see who sits on their Board of Directors. I'm guessing there might be a couple of generally "conservative" folks, who as I mentioned are voting along profit making lines, not moral lines. And for all we know they voted against or abstained on the original proposal and were outvoted.

I'll read the article closer the next time.

Maybe if you former Goodyear buyers continue to let them know how you feel, and contact Ford and other OEM users, and get your LEO's and county road depts on board, then perhaps there will be a full rollback of their policies.
Originally Posted by efw

That's what caught my eye, as well. Racial Justice and Social Equity my azz.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Neither do I.

Gotta wonder, would a Dem Donkey hat be acceptable.

A Rep Elephant hat?

Green Party?

Hammer and Sickle?

Seems to me they are opening themselves up to a lawsuit. A big one.

Best thing might be for them to work like gooberment offices do. NO political clothing allowed. NONE..
I had a couple sets of their Eagle ST's on my S-10 when I was in college.

I wasn't exactly easy on tires back then, but they didn't last worth a crap.

I guess I've been boycotting them since about 1996.

There's better tires out there, politics notwithstanding..........
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
The USA Military uses quite a bit of Goodyear tire products. Now if President Trump would just whisper in the ear of.....,..

If their Board is really that much against a MAGA hat, will they really listen to The Donald?

Not sure under the rules of procurement the the Orange Man has the power to stop the purchases if they're on a low bid basis. Congress controls a lot of purse strings, maybe the military, being he is the Commander in Chief, might work differently.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by efw

Bingo!!

Their little damage control attempt was a piss poor one at that.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Nice. It isn't official until the meme shows up.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

I like!

I worry that they let it bubble up as far as it did.
Did they fire the person that pushed it through for endangering the corporation?
I still don't forgive Gillette and that idea came from Grey Worldwide...(ad agency)
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I worry that they let it bubble up as far as it did.
Did they fire the person that pushed it through for endangering the corporation?
I still don't forgive Gillette and that idea came from Grey Worldwide...(ad agency)

My wife works behind the scenes in a very large corporate structure. There are no decisions made that are not approved by literally scores of people. That this whole thing showed up in training, rather than in marketing, is significant. Training reflects corporate philosophy as a whole, not just what ideas they are using to sell stuff.

Some guys have talked that this was on little presentation given by a few people. While that is true, what they were teaching, and what was in the Power Point were approved by people all the way up the line to a VP. Let's be clear. Corporate policy at companies the size of Goodyear isn't created by a few. There is a whole chain of people who think this way.
Roughest riding tires I've ever had were goodyear wranglers on an '86 S10 Blazer . . . They were on when I bought the vehicle. I prefer Michelins, BF Goodrich, Coopers and Mastercraft anyhow. So, no skin off my teeth if goodyear corporate wants to insult their own customers and kill their bottom line.
Last two sets of Goodyear tires that I bought were not very good, especially the last one. Neither were made in USA. And one of the poorest wet traction sets that I've ever owned were Goodyears, grip in the rain was terrible. I bought Yokohamas for the car we have now. Excellent traction, never have needed rebalanced, and treadwear appears to be excellent. Goodyear was on my [bleep] already, so piss on them.
Maybe I’m the odd man out here, but I didn’t find the original presentation nearly as offensive as the attempted backpedal.

Talk about tone deaf! Hard to imagine a corporation being that far out of touch with the majority of their customers.

But, maybe the Antifa riot market is their target. Maybe they’ll market an easy to light riot tire soon?
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by efw

'

That's what caught my eye, as well. [b]Racial Justice and Social Equity[/b] my azz.

The highlighted term was the title of a course in many liberal minded "institutions of higher learning" decades ago. Required course work in some majors, but certainly not in Business.
So tell me is it politics?
After all people cannot just "not buy tires"
So it is either politics or positioning.
And for a "defense contractor" it is a grave positioning error.
Goodyear bought that reaction. Make a political statement and offend half your customers.
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Goodyear sucks. Never bought one in my life. Any vehicle they came stock on, they were replaced with Michelin or Firestone when it came time for new tires. Couldn't care less what their policies are.

firestone has a new tire out designed by a jewish guy. it is called the Firestein tire. they say it can stop on a dime AND pick it up
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Last two sets of Goodyear tires that I bought were not very good, especially the last one. Neither were made in USA. And one of the poorest wet traction sets that I've ever owned were Goodyears, grip in the rain was terrible. I bought Yokohamas for the car we have now. Excellent traction, never have needed rebalanced, and treadwear appears to be excellent. Goodyear was on my [bleep] already, so piss on them.

I got 4 Choke-yo-mama tires on my truck within 3 months they started dry rotting bad. took them back got 4 new ones no cost and they were OK
I run with B.F. Goodrich on my Predator rig...
Even if they made a full 180 I wouldnt buy my next set of tires from them. Maybe if they play nice for the next few years while I wear out my new Coopers I plan to buy in the next few months I might consider them in the future.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Maybe I’m the odd man out here, but I didn’t find the original presentation nearly as offensive as the attempted backpedal.

Talk about tone deaf! Hard to imagine a corporation being that far out of touch with the majority of their customers.

But, maybe the Antifa riot market is their target. Maybe they’ll market an easy to light riot tire soon?

I agree, trying to explain your position to people who already understand it is insulting.
I gave up on Goodyear for the quality of tires back in the early 1980s. But things in the marketplace change and I needed snow tires last fall. I read several really good reviews of the Goodyear Weather Ready Assurance tire. Bought a set and have been completely happy with them. I do believe that this is the single best tire for an AWD vehicle out there.

But I'll have them worn out by next spring and in the face of Goodyear's socio-political stance, I will gladly seek second best and go with that option. There's a whole lotta choices out there.
Goodyear = Badyear...
Goodyear's "explanation" doesn't do it.

Too thin, Goodyear, too thin.

Do you allow BLM stuff or not?

If so, do you allow Police Lives Matter stuff or not?

If you allow BLM, why do you think BLM, a self-described Marxist organization, constitutes "social justice" and isn't political while a MAGA slogan is "political?"

If you didn't authorize the slide, who did and how were they disciplined?

If they were not a Goodyear employee and the whole thing is a hoax, have you filed a defamation suit?

I want answers, Goodyear, not platitudes.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If you allow BLM, why do you think BLM, a self-described Marxist organization, constitutes "social justice" and isn't political while a MAGA slogan is "political?"

If they were not a Goodyear employee and the whole thing is a hoax, have you filed a defamation suit?

Here's your answer, Indy. They are all in for "diversity".

https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US/responsibility/inspiring-culture/diversity-inclusion.html
The link the OP posted says that dozens or hundreds of companies besides Goodyear have gotten on their knees to the BLM criminals. And we can't boycott hundreds.

True. But somewhere you have to take a stand. This is the place. This plus major league sports.

So I say boycott Goodyear, NFL, MLB, and NBA if you do nothing else. Send 'em a message!
The REALLY fugged up thing about them is that they consider BLM & LGBTQ as good...

And consider a statements like "Make American Great Again" and "All Lives Matter" as not acceptable.

Fug them.

Why don't they move their corporate offices and all their employees to Mexico if Make America Great Again offends them so much. mad mad
We can’t boycott them all, true, but if we take out a handful, the rest will change with haste.....

They’ll go whichever way the wind blows.
We can’t boycott them all, true, but if we take out a handful, the rest will change with haste.....

That's the problem.

In Business 101 they should have learned to shut the fug up.

Why don't they leave politics to the politicians, and just make tires, or razors or have a restaurant without making a political statement that will offend half the people that use that business?

Idiots.

That's the problem.

Why don't they leave politics to the politicians, and just make tires, or razors or have a restaurant without making a political statement that will offend half the people that use that business?

Idiots.

Why? Because years of indoctrination in the education system is finally starting to pay off for the left. The VP's & CEO's who support this crap were trained to do exactly this, they consider it their duty to do so. For them this is what it means to be a social justice warrior.
Originally Posted by Paul_M

That's the problem.

Idiots.

Why? Because years of indoctrination in the education system is finally starting to pay off for the left. The VP's & CEO's who support this crap were trained to do exactly this, they consider it their duty to do so. For them this is what it means to be a social justice warrior.

You nailed our whole problem in this country. Communists were taking over the teaching jobs in universities during the 1960s and indoctrinating heads full of public school mush. The disease has spread into every facet of "education" now and has become accepted indoctrination.
Exactly..... The last four or five decades of dumbing down America and leftist trash are now coming to fruition. Although I feel that Goodyear did nothing wrong. It's a free country with a free market and they can run their own company as they please. I can also buy tires as I please from other folks who don't pizz me off nearly as bad.
Fck them

You guys need to get the new Dago Italian car tires, they're awesome!

Dago through rain! Dago through snow! Dago through ice!

But when dago flat, Dago WOP WOP WOP WOP!
I think I heard that one in Junior High, more years ago than I care to admit.
Still funny. laugh
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I think I heard that one in Junior High, more years ago than I care to admit.
Still funny. laugh

Me too, but I had to google it to get it right.....
Originally Posted by windridge

https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US/responsibility/inspiring-culture/diversity-inclusion.html

Every corporation in the US, more likely than not, has a similar D&I policy whether published, or not. Pretty much standard boiler plate stuff there.
Originally Posted by windridge

So what? Every defense contractor (I used to be one) has to try to improve diversity. What does that have to do with supporting an organization like BLM, whose co-founder was arrested for running a teenager as a prostitute, whose chief fund raiser served 16 years in a federal prison for domestic terrorism, whose web site says it is Marxist and wants to destroy our system of government, who organizes rioting and looting, whose leaders justifiy looting and arson as "reparations," and...I could go on.

Diversity my ass.

Diversity means going to the local black shurches, branches of the city government, schools, etc., and trying to get help hiring some more blacks who are good workers. It does NOT mean supporting outfits like BLM or Jesse Jackson's extortion ring, the Rainbow Coalition. Been there done that.
Their no political stance on employee attire is fine, that’s common stuff in all corporations. Hourlies in my company wear uniforms. No writing allowed to show on under shirts. Many are wearing MAGA hats in befire they put on their hard hats for the day. No political messages on masks allowed.

Allowing the BLM stuff but not All Lives Matter is my hang up. That’s Purely catering to the progressive left. My money won’t support that if I have options.

Their mush mouthed response was also catering to the left.
I am already not buying Gillette, Levi, NFL, NBA, and Benchmade.
Add Goodyear to that list.

My Goodyear LT235.70R16 Mud tires are in my brother's barn.
They howled on the highway like I was being followed by a UFO.

Give me a break! It is too late! They should have said nothing in the first place rather than go for it and have to back peddle.
Fug 'em. Appreciated the toughness of their MTR's, but their Duracrap "off road" tire soured me quick. Tougher tires on a prius would not be hard to find.

So fuggin' sick of the virtue signaling, placating the fringe wacko minority, and absolutely chittin' all over the solid base and core of this country and demonizing those efforts and ideals that have made it was it become and started out as (as fugged as it has become of late).

I've got several several ailments that are quickly turning me into my old man (bless him, RIP). Virtue signaling fatigue. LGBTQTRXYZ fatigue. Karen fatigue. Wigger fatigue. Groid fatigue. Liberal cancel culture fatigue. Gollywood fatigue. And on, and on.

The ideals, philosophy, and men and women that made this country what it is are being demonized. All that is (was) good is now "bad". Sheeple are falling for the communist agenda. Gobbling it down like Monica Lewinsky gobbles perv presidential dick.

Would almost like to leave, but will refuse to, no matter how bad it gets. Some things are more important than fleeing an aggravating as fugg situation. I will stick around to be a part of the fight that is coming. Coming much quicker than I ever anticipated it would. Ten years ago I used to say "it is coming, it will happen, but not in my lifetime, and likely not in my son's lifetime". Well chit....I was way off.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1296505704824451072
I love how all these azzholes try to claim everyone is a political entity except BLM or gay advocates. They're the biggest political activists in existence right now!!!
CEO is clearly retarded.

Yesterday there should have been a message. Something like..?

Goodyear is in the business of making the best tires available. Produced in the USA. Made by American workers. As a publicly traded company we treat everyone with respect and expect employee behavour to mirror our values and be focoused on our core mission. We are proud to serve our customers and anything that is contrast with that has no place in our business.

But too late. Too many liberal weenie asshatz in the corporate PR dept. Anyone who proofread the response and thought it was aceptable is an imbiscile. Well at least it will be easy to decide who to layy off first. Unfortuneatley many good employees will be harmed by woke jackasses at corporate.

Yup. It should be all or none. No exceptions.
Originally Posted by KFWA
I was hoping to read they had done more than their initial response

They are still committed to seeing BLM support as valid in the workplace while "political" statements like MAGA aren't allowed.

BLM is just as political and tied to the Marxist left as maga is to patriots.

I've never been too big on boycots but its time to start hitting back.i don't want any of my dollars going to sponsor the communist revolution.

Bb

You have heard of the NFL, maybe NASCAR?

I would venture at least 25% of corporate American companies feed at a global trough or a political association that is against the majority of their customer base.

They are hedging the base isnt a base but a shrinking demographic.

Reward them all by not giving them your business....
[Linked Image from chinadaily.com.cn]

Goodyear invests $485M in China

What did ALex Jones say to get booted off all platforms in one day? Facebook sells your info to china

What did Stefan Molyneux do to get kicked off Youtube after a billion views? Stood with the protests in Hong Kong.

Who is Trump making out to be the bad guy? China.

Why is Google cutting #58 in the world website Breitbart out of searches until after the election? They lean toward Trump.
My car and suv run on Coopers, and will continue to. Bugger off, Goodyear!
Originally Posted by smarquez

Wouldn't surprise me to learn it wasn't corporate, but rather a local leftard branch manager taking it upon himself to push his politics on the plant he manages.
"I wouldn't say their stock "tanked". But certainly it is down this week, and they are attempting damage control. Apparently they didn't know who their actual customers are. I hope their stock DOES tank."

Yep.
Capitalism may work and cause them to backpedal but capitalism also gives me the right to tell them to FOAD and never buy their products.
© 24hourcampfire