Home
https://farmandranch.com/property/j-bar-ranch
Wow!
Its a dry heat.
Very nice but just a touch over my budget. Just a smidge.
Man, that is some flat, flat ground.
Nice home....TERRIBLE country!
Now if that were in the right part of Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming I'd have to give that some serious consideration.
Almost $800 per acre. There better be a dang good chance for sand mining and/or some type of mineral, oil or gas at that price.
Has to be an inheritance baby out there somewhere that ‘needs’ it.
It seems pretty high priced to me.
Make em an offer boss

hire me as the bar tender

I’ll even fill the feeders for you baitin bastids. 😀
If we pool our resources....
Wonder why the family is selling. Lots of money behind those mounts alone.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

$784 per acre? I'd buy all I could get around here for that!

I thought it looked sterile and big hat over the top uncomfortable. Maybe it was just the elephant in the room?
Only 2 bathrooms? For that price?

Except for the gun room. Everyone needs a gun room like that! (bet all the empty spots cleaned out the good ones by the family)
I wonder if those bullets are for sale?
I need some of those...
How many cattle can that 17,400 acres sustain??
Originally Posted by Pat85

10. Maybe 12 if it's a wet spring and summer.

kwg
I would rather have an hundred acres where I can see the mountains in Nv.,Az.,Ut. Id. Wy. Mt. or Sd.

YMMV

mike r
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

LOL.

Probably not far off... wink

26 sections of land in Penwell...

You may be able to run 150-200 mother cows without feeding them every bite.

If I paid that much for a ranch in Penwell, I'd damn sure want 100% of the mineral rights on it.
I think I could find a way to be happy there. The mounts and gun room were incredible.
My wife asked how far it was from civilization. On a map, it looks like a pretty good haul.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

kwg

LOL.

If I paid that much for a ranch in Penwell, I'd damn sure want 100% of the mineral rights on it.

Yep. Dirt, jackrabbits, quail, deer, dove, coyotes, rattlers.

kwg

LOL.

Yep. Dirt, jackrabbits, quail, deer, dove, coyotes, rattlers.
and pigs.
I’ll take it.
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Nice home....TERRIBLE country!
Now if that were in the right part of Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming I'd have to give that some serious consideration.

Yep.
Does that price include mineral rights?
Reminds me of the San Vicente Ranch down by Lynn Texas. Hunted there in 2001 kilt an 12 point Whitetail Buck, Orex, nice Axis Buck and all the Javalina I could head shoot. The owner wanted rid of them. It was a freaking kill fest. The buddy I went with knew the owner so we got the better than good guy price.
30% down is about all I can swing.
Bet that would make a hell of a long range shooting location. Now where’d I leave that $13M.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

$784 per acre? I'd buy all I could get around here for that!

Ummm, in case you didn't notice, that ain't around you. Which is precisely my point.

Around here I would buy every acre I could at that price too. But scrub arid texas land for that, is a bit high.
Always wanted to own my own flare.

I'll take it!
pm sent.... grin

Spanokopitas said he'd loan me the money, since he's so friggin rich and we are such close buds!
Oh man, if I had just cut a few more yards as a teenager I could be moving in next week
It’s like a beach with no water. Just thorns and snakes. Lol.

Deer out there?
It’s not “turn key yet”.....it would cost another 15 million to put a high fence around the place and a few hundred corn feeders. Another million or so each year for the deer corn and feed. A couple million for air conditioned, elevated stands (without elevators) and $4500 for a custom rifle in .300 Ultra Mag. 😁
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s not “turn key yet”.....it would cost another 15 million to put a high fence around the place and a few hundred corn feeders. Another million or so each year for the deer corn and feed. A couple million for air conditioned, elevated stands (without elevators) and $4500 for a custom rifle in .300 Ultra Mag. 😁

laugh
Didn’t see a Bryco 380 in the collection. Some people just don’t have everything.

AcesNeights, I don't know where you get your information, High fence costs about $ 15000.00 per mile,

1000# feeders cost about $1000.00 each

Protein 16 % to keep them full year around will cost $ 125,000.00 per year. Corn is of no value as feed on a large ranch.

Deer blinds depending on size $ 1,000 to $ 1500 Per blind

Elevated 12'x12x12' high with elevators no air, $ 20,000

Rifle of you choice WHAT EVER ???

Now ask me how I know. Rio7
Originally Posted by ingwe

I'll take it!
pm sent.... grin

Spanokopitas said he'd loan me the money, since he's so friggin rich and we are such close buds!

Great news, uncle.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Deer out there?

Mule deer and whitetails. Here's one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Deer out there?

If you bait it

They will come
Lots of big ranches around with no feeders or cultivation anywhere around. Some places have roads and autos too. No apache or comanch either.
Go forbid someone try to learn the natural food sources of the area, inspect a plant or shrub for signs of browsing, locate a funnel, a unique topographical feature or travel corridor to and from that source, set up an impromptu ambush in a transition zone between that source and a bedding area.

Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would rather have an hundred acres where I can see the mountains in Nv.,Az.,Ut. Id. Wy. Mt. or Sd.

YMMV

mike r

Ditto!!!!!! Quality. not quantity. smile

Jim

Deer out there?

Mule deer and whitetails. Here's one.

Nice!
They gotta be tough SOB's to live in that area.

slumlord, the habitat here is very different than your country and the wildlife, here do not have to go far for a natural food source
here water is the key to travel and bedding, travel corridors almost all lead to water, if you fly over this country in a chopper every water tank or laguna will look like the hub of a wagon wheel and the game trails will look like the spokes, leading to and from water.

A feeder with protein, supports all the critters and birds, not just deer, its a supplement, that helps support healthy growth, and
reproduction of all the critters and birds. if you hunt over feeders, you educate your wild life to stay away from the feeder.

That's why we place blinds on travel corridors, the capability of our hunter has a lot to do with where we hunt on the ranch and what type of blind we use, wheel chairs don't do well in the sand, disabled vets with 1 or more missing limbs have a hard tie climbing stairs to a elevated blind, that's why we have elevators on 3 of our blinds, many times we don't hunt from a blind. during the rut we walk and rattle a lot. If our hunter can handle the it.

What we work on is making every hunter successful , every animal is a trophy to the person that takes it. Rio7
Originally Posted by slumlord
Go forbid someone try to learn the natural food sources of the area, inspect a plant or shrub for signs of browsing, locate a funnel, a unique topographical feature or travel corridor to and from that source, set up an impromptu ambush in a transition zone between that source and a bedding area.

Maybe you could teach Renegade that. It will save his nut zack and bung hole from the skeeters and chiggers.
I’ve hunted that ranch and sat down at the dining room table. Jim’s wife was quite a hunter and probably most of the mounts are hers.
One of the 2 most beautiful sights in America, Texas in your rear view mirror.
Originally Posted by HitnRun

I'll second that !
Just a tad over my budget although now I'm wondering if the gun collection is gonna be downsized or sold off completely.
Dang! If I weren't allergic to sage...
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by lvmiker

YMMV

mike r

Ditto!!!!!! Quality. not quantity. smile

Jim

I love the mountain states too but let’s not get nuts. A 13,000 acre ranch all your own isn’t exactly a bad thing! I’d take it in a heartbeat over any 100 acre parcel.
That price would equal a postage stamp lot on Golden Beach or Star Island.
Looks like they grow a lot of sand.
Now ask me how I know. Rio7

I know how you know. smile miles

Miles, Good Morning yes you would know how I know, you are one of the few Campfire guy's that have been here, and seen what we do and where and how we do it. If this China flu ever goes away, you need to come hunt and shoot with us again.

Rio7

Yep, Texas, with it's mountains, plains, brush country, hill country, sea shores, coastal marshlands, deep canyons, deserts, piney woods, lakes and rivers is beautiful whether viewed through the front, back or side glass.

We're happy you're happy, and we have no interest in what state you're from.

If your state has it, odds are, we've got it too.

I would use my pocket change to buy that place. Just one problem. It's in Texas. Don't get me wrong. I like Texas. I've visited many times. Always friendly people. Some of Texas is real pretty. But Texas is HOT! And sometimes real humid. Too hot to live there during the summer. Too bad. A great place to visit for about 8 months out of the year.
Good thing that it's not humid down there.

Ok maybe on some mornings. wink
Nice house. Land is ugly.

Yep, Texas, with it's mountains, plains, brush country, hill country, sea shores, coastal marshlands, deep canyons, deserts, piney woods, lakes and rivers is beautiful whether viewed through the front, back or side glass.

And don’t forget all the liberal [bleep].

We are fixing to open season on liberals, NOV. 4. 2020 maybe they will crawl back into the hole they came out of. Rio7
Originally Posted by KC

I would use my pocket change to buy that place. Just one problem. It's in Texas. Don't get me wrong. I like Texas. I've visited many times. Always friendly people. Some of Texas is real pretty. But Texas is HOT! And sometimes real humid. Too hot to live there during the summer. Too bad. A great place to visit for about 8 months out of the year.

Precisely why we are starting month number four here in north Idaho.
I would need to get a pilot’s license to live way the hell out there. Looks like they have a runway.

My state isn't full of @ssholes yet. Yet.....

Where are the Moose/Elk/Mountain Goats and Bighorn Sheep located in Texas?
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

I'd guess on the walls of that game room somewhere , it doesn't look like there is much to do at that rabbit ranch, so it leaves you plenty of time to go hunt where game lives.
Some people have too much money, whats the point of a house like this in middle Ga.Pics are fun to look at though. 15mil.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5327-Us-Highway-41-S-Macon-GA-31210/250625826_zpid/
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

The elk are located in far west Texas. Quite a few of them actually. Around Van Horn.

The Bighorns are in the Big Bend area of Texas. In fact, 3 good men were killed in a helicopter crash a couple weeks ago while working on the Texas bighorn program. frown

No meeses. You'll have to make do with cattle.

Got wild pigs. No go-ats. You guys in Wyoming hoarded all those. I hear they are scared as hell up there.... grin
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Good thing that it's not humid down there.

Ok maybe on some mornings. wink

Yeah, if the cattle all piss at the same time.
Glad I don’t live there. Lousy scenery and nothing to do. For that money you could do a lot better.

Originally Posted by killerv
Some people have too much money, whats the point of a house like this in middle Ga.Pics are fun to look at though. 15mil.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5327-Us-Highway-41-S-Macon-GA-31210/250625826_zpid/

Only a little over 3/4 of a million a year and it's yours...

Monthly cost:

Estimated monthly cost
$65,152

Principal & interest$49,902/mo

Mortgage insurance$0/mo

Property taxes$9,913/mo

Home insurance$5,338/mo

HOA feesN/A

UtilitiesNot included

You got a white Christmas in Texas ? Tracking snow for deer season ? Millions of acres of public land across the state to hunt on free of charge ?

I've noticed in the last 5 or 6 years, the prices of these smaller ranches have been trending up.
There are thousands upon thousands of elk over thoudands of square miles of land from Sanderson to Van Horn.

There was one of 390 and one 380 bull taken off my buds ranch south of Bakersfield,Texas in the same fall 2 years ago.

Darn. Wish i had taken pics of some of the small herds i saw there last Jan. getting a meat deer. I just cant get good cellphone pics at 300- 1000 yards.

There were 3 bulls bedded in the brushy draw on the hill in this pic iirc.

$13 million for a lot of sand. I can't believe it's still on the market.

kwg

That's about what it looked like. lol
Originally Posted by Blackheart

You got a white Christmas in Texas ? Tracking snow for deer season ? Millions of acres of public land across the state to hunt on free of charge ?

As i said, "...odds are...". I never said we had everything. Can you legally hunt elk and axis and blackbuck all year? Auodad, Nalgai?

As i said, "...odds are...". I never said we had everything. Can you legally hunt elk and axis and blackbuck all year? Auodad, Nalgai?
I don't have any desire to hunt zoo animals and wouldn't have the money for the outrageous fees to hunt on those ranches of yours. Can you hunt ruffed grouse, woodcock, grey squirrels, snowshoe hares and black bears on public land in Texas ?
Lots of grass in East Texas, central Texas, coastal and Texas prairies.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photohost
If I sold my little cottage, I could buy 1/4 of the gun collection.
Our local weather forecast for the next week calls for highs of....

Today - 76*
Wed - 70*
Thur - 78*
Fri - 77*
Sat - 73*
Sun - 69*
Mon - 71*

Betting you don't have that in Texas..

Today - 76*
Wed - 70*
Thur - 78*
Fri - 77*
Sat - 73*
Sun - 69*
Mon - 71*

LOL.

Get back to us about January 15th... smile

That will be our daily temps then... wink

Today - 76*
Wed - 70*
Thur - 78*
Fri - 77*
Sat - 73*
Sun - 69*
Mon - 71*

LOL.

I like cold and snow. At least up until March. By then I'm getting sick of it and am ready for spring.
Me too.

For a few days. Then it needs to go away.

Today - 76*
Wed - 70*
Thur - 78*
Fri - 77*
Sat - 73*
Sun - 69*
Mon - 71*

LOL.

Yep. I’ve bow hunted on opening day in TX when it was 100 in October when I was to young to give a schitt.

Nowadays, I’d rather bleed than sweat. 🤠
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Today - 76*
Wed - 70*
Thur - 78*
Fri - 77*
Sat - 73*
Sun - 69*
Mon - 71*

LOL.

Yep. I’ve bow hunted on opening day in TX when it was 100 in October when I was to young to give a schitt.

Nowadays, I’d rather bleed than sweat. 🤠
I remember hunting on October days here when it was 70* and sunny and others when it was snowing.

kwg

LOL.

I would have guessed 200 acres per cow.
Ive bowhunted on Independance Creek in SW Texas in the snow in Oct. Its not as great as what its cracked up to be, BH, but what does this have to do with the ranch listing.

I thought some might like seeing the trophy and gun rooms. Sorry you evidently dont.
Ive bowhunted on Independance Creek in SW Texas in the snow in Oct. Its not as great as what its cracked up to be, BH, but what does this have to do with the ranch listing.

I thought some might like seeing the trophy and gun rooms. Sorry you evidently dont.
I said it was a nice house, ugly country. Deer hunting in the snow is great if you have enough land to track and know what you're doing.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Christmas ?
What about the mountains?

Christmas ?
this pic was nov of 17. we did have snow Christmas eve and day in 05. I'll find the pics, it was pretty cool, I came home from wade fishing and was outside cleaning fish and we started to get some little flurries, my kids were still little and they asked if it was going to snow, I told them to pray and maybe it would. woke up to 7 inches on Christmas morning.
Here are 7 of the states 40 mountain ranges.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/travel/climb-every-mountain/

Christmas ?
this pic was nov of 17. we did have snow Christmas eve and day in 05. I'll find the pics, it was pretty cool, I came home from wade fishing and was outside cleaning fish and we started to get some little flurries, my kids were still little and they asked if it was going to snow, I told them to pray and maybe it would. woke up to 7 inches on Christmas morning.

https://www.facebook.com/roger.v.hunter/videos/vb.1669200214/10209064938975175/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/roger.v.hunter/videos/vb.1669200214/10209065289863947/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/roger.v.hunter/videos/vb.1669200214/10209065235182580/?type=3

That’s an awesome place to visit RC. First time I drove through there I couldn’t believe I was still in TX ! 🤠
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans”

Christmas ?
Prayers answered ! Very nice !
© 24hourcampfire