Home
Back when men were steel....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

More to come, feel free to add your own....this stuff cracks me up.

DD

Love the oldies. grin
Yessir

Johns-Manville representin!!!

I retired from there in ‘59
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Coming home from Desert Storm they shot us off the ship about 300 miles out of Norfolk and made it to Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton and then on to Great Falls MT for the night (Airwing commander prohibited us from flying all the way home to NAS Whidbey Is WA in one day).

The USAF put us in the Holiday inn downtown overnight. I took a long "Hollywood shower" and went down to the bar and had a cold Rainer draft. Wow. timing and circumstance. What a beer. grin
These are hilarious!

Things haven't changed all that much.

I read the Arsenic complexion wafers.
What do they, the physicians, recommend NOW?

INJECTIONS in front of the brain of toxic deadly botulism.....

That keeps those wrinkles on the forehead from getting deeper since it paralyzes the external nerves...maybe the ones just on the other side of the skull too .
I have a bunch of those old ads you saw on streetcars and busses back in the day. They're about 10"x18" give or take an inch. One I have framed says, "Be as gay as gay Paree." It has a date in the early 1930's. My swishy next door neighbor wanted to buy it so as I had two, I said make me an offer. He wrote a check for $100 on the spot. Some of the adds were for tooth powder, remember that stuff? A few for some laxative that AFAIK no longer exists. I probably have 30 or 40 of those things.
Paul B.
When I served on Taiwan in the late '50s they had large billboards for Black Person Toothpaste, with a minstrel looking black person with big white teeth.

I wonder if they still sell it?
Originally Posted by Paul39
When I served on Taiwan in the late '50s they had large billboards for Black Person Toothpaste, with a minstrel looking black person with big white teeth.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]
You boys want your hair to return??

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

grin

L.W.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Paul39

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

Thanks. The signs I saw were in Chinese, of course. Chinese is a very literal, descriptive language, so negro is just a black person. A Chinese is a China person, or chinaman; strangely not considered politically correct here these days.

Paul
Good stuff, thanks for posting those.
© 24hourcampfire