Home
Posted By: silver78 Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Have you seen the predicted paths of TS Marco and TS Laura? Both are predicted to hit the golf coast as hurricanes on Monday and Thursday. A real one two punch. Ouch.
Yep.

First time of having a double, simultaneously, in the exact same locale (relatively) since the Civil War.

Considering the present state of our nation that’d make this event somewhat timely and a bit repetitive.
Posted By: agazain Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Safe from golf -- no clubs.

Barry on the Gulf Coast.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Yep.

First time of having a double, simultaneously, in the exact same locale (relatively) since the Civil War.

Considering the present state of our nation that’d make this event somewhat timely and a bit repetitive.

It's an omen.
Small storms, as things go
Posted By: poboy Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Hope we can get a little rain out of the deals here in Cen\Tx.
What if they combine...

And make a

Duh...duh...duuuunnnnnnn....

A super hurricane?
Originally Posted by poboy

I was hoping the same, but after looking this morning at the paths and rainfall amounts, I'm not gonna get 'em up too high.

Lots of fires burning in central Texas now.
Posted By: poboy Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
We got a totally unexpected 1 1\4in rain yesterday a.m.
Posted By: overmax Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Hurricane party
Posted By: hanco Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Two for the price of one
Posted By: boliep Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20

The dems will probably blame it on Trump.
We got a totally unexpected 1 1\4in rain yesterday a.m.

Yup! Because I started painting the house this week. 1 1/2" here. But I don’t think we’ll see much from this next storm.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Small storms, as things go

Windwise is yet to be seen should they stall and Not when you consider the rains associated with both of those them. Flooding is predicted.

Present path predictions shows Louisiana getting a 1 - 2 punch, double whammy.

The soybean combines are running early and late right now. The present drought that we’re in will be over by this time next week.
Posted By: deflave Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
I'm sure all those post-Katrina dollars were well spent.

Southerners tend to be very bright.

No worries.
Posted By: WAM Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
The Weather Runt (Cantore) will be pissing his pants! LOL!
Originally Posted by WAM

And standing in the rain !
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yep.

It's an omen.

Yep. La is going to get wet.
Originally Posted by deflave

No worries.

Says the Boy from way down yonder in south Florida.

Most of the Katrina money was spent on travel trailers for temporary living and still paying for rental storage on them as they sit and deteriorate in situ.
Posted By: memtb Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Time to “batten down the hatches”! memtb
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yep.

It's an omen.

Yep. La is going to get wet.

The weather services are trying to collect data on what will occur with back to back storm surges should the present predicted paths hold true.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Of course it will all be Trumps fault, global warming, climate change, fossil fuels etc etc etc
If you all had been watching the SYFY channel all day yesterday you would know what's coming.
Sharknado
Originally Posted by TimZ
Of course it will all be Trumps fault, global warming, climate change, fossil fuels etc etc etc

Don’t omit the Civil War connection. The South getting hit again, etc, etc.

No worries.

Says the Boy from way down yonder in south Florida.

Most of the Katrina money was spent on travel trailers for temporary living and still paying for rental storage on them as they sit and deteriorate in situ.

Hmmm.

Maybe they’re not as bright as I thought.

LOL

The weather services are trying to collect data on what will occur with back to back storm surges should the present predicted paths hold true.

I wonder if it might flood?

My,,,how pensive some folks can be. Ya reckon there’s actually that possibility ?

Gee. Signs and wonders.
I have long loved the Gulf coast, from Corpus all the way around to Tampa and beyond. But I would not live there.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Sharknado

Sharknado is a definite possibility.

Don’t cross the streams!

Amen. We had a small storm pop up out of nowhere yesterday and dropped 0.26" in a short time. Most rain we have had since early July.

Jim
Well there goes the $1.80 gas

My,,,how pensive some folks can be. Ya reckon there’s actually that possibility ?

Gee. Signs and wonders.

Are your sand bags all filled?

Stocked up on masks?

Will you get in a boat that can’t maintain 6’ distancing?
We could use rain. Almost to the point of pumping some water across the pastures as it stands now.
Originally Posted by Hastings
We could use rain. Almost to the point of pumping some water across the pastures as it stands now.

Looks like enough rain is gonna be a slam dunk where you're at, like most folks over my way I was really hoping for a rain event here.
My message for little Marco remains the same. Blow it.
Well Boys I gotta saddle up and head down to Grand Isle to help a buddy get his stuff out of the ground level kitchen and upstairs to the main floor and close his shutters. He does have an elevator and what a wonderful machine that is.

I’ll latch on to his offshore fishing boat and he’ll grab his cargo trailer and back north to Gonzales we’ll go. Should get back home by tomorrow evening.

Then head right back down and over east to Breton Sound and help the friend who’s camp we stayed in the past two weeks while marsh fishing. Gotta get his ground level stuff moved upstairs to the main floor and he ain’t got no elevator, it’s still in the box from Harbor Freight. Close the shutters. Latch on to his boat and him onto his utility trailer and head back north to Mandeville.

Call the all of the above,,, ‘terms of endearment’ and payback.

Was hoping to get back to the deer lease to Bush Hog, disc up and fertilize before the rains come but that’s looking very doubtful. We’ll see.

Meanwhile, y’all keep a tight line on the brain trust here.
Well Boys I gotta saddle up and head down to Grand Isle to help a buddy get his stuff out of the ground level kitchen and upstairs to the main floor and close his shutters. He does have an elevator and what a wonderful machine that is.

I’ll latch on to his offshore fishing boat and he’ll grab his cargo trailer and back north to Gonzales we’ll go. Should get back home by tomorrow evening.

Then head right back down and over east to Breton Sound and help the friend who’s camp we stayed in the past two weeks while marsh fishing. Gotta get his ground level stuff moved upstairs to the main floor and he ain’t got no elevator, it’s still in the box from Harbor Freight. Close the shutters. Latch on to his boat and him onto his utility trailer and head back north to Mandeville.

Was hoping to get back to the deer lease to Bush Hog, disc up and fertilize before the rains come but that’s looking very doubtful. We’ll see.

Meanwhile, y’all keep a tight line on the brain trust here.

Sounds fun.

Good luck.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
Be safe OT.
The last map I saw showed Houston to be the 1st major city to get hit by both.
Go to Windy.com, both hurricanes peter out in New Orleans. I think it's just another nothing burger.

Doug
Originally Posted by DouginLa
Go to Windy.com, both hurricanes peter out in New Orleans. I think it's just another nothing burger.

Doug

You won't be saying that when you're dead.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The last map I saw showed Houston to be the 1st major city to get hit by both.

I saw a map that said everybody in Italy was dead.
Originally Posted by silver78
Have you seen the predicted paths of TS Marco and TS Laura? Both are predicted to hit the golf coast as hurricanes on Monday and Thursday. A real one two punch. Ouch.

"Livin' on the Delta is quite a show. They got hurricane parties every time it blows..."

Wife & I are looking forward to it. We'll be plumb disappointed if we don't get some wind & rain. We live just outside the eastern city limits of Houston.
Posted By: EdM Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/23/20
My son just finished his third week at the Port Arthur refinery though working from home. He just sent this from his manager.

FYI... The site is moving to phase 3 of the hurricane plan at noon today and is evaluating to make a call to shutdown the facility (except utilities) at 10am in the morning when we likely move to Phase 4. Storm geo is currently predicting Laura to be a Category 2 hurricane making landfall at Sabine Pass on Wednesday evening. Please also note that Marco is expected to deliver 4" of rainfall to the area on Tuesday. Plan for now is to report to work as normal Monday morning, but please make preparations to have all of your gear to work remotely beginning Tuesday if needed. Please make preparations for homes and families as well. I will keep you posted as I know more information.

Andrew
We are supposed to only get splashed here.

Sounds like a good time, actually.
Originally Posted by WAM

He is an idiot.
Posted By: EdM Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/24/20
My son just texted that they are evacuating the refinery of non-essentials and shutting down the refinery short of utilities.
Now they say it will come up the Texas/Louisiana line. It will hit me directly, but will probably only be a Cat 1 by then. Don't matter, I'm over prepared. Stay safe you guys on the coast lines. Not a nothing burger anymore.

My Source,

https://www.windy.com/?2020-08-28-21,33.192,-90.864,5
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by WAM

He is an idiot.

Weather Runt? I thought that guy was about 6-3. I just looked him up, he is 5-8. Damn, he is a Weather Runt.

I don't know if he is an idiot or not but google says he has a net worth of $3.8 million.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Sounds like a good time, actually.

Well boys, I’m back from the front. Got everything done and moved out of both places and safely ensconced from Mother Nature.

Birdie, I can’t say that it wasn’t so much fun but it was interesting. Had one very close call in Thibodeaux, La. on Hwy 1. Fugger pulled right out in front of me while I’m pulling my podnah’s 36 foot Everglades with two 350 hp Yamahas on the back. Triple axle trailers with good brakes are just about priceless, I’ll tell y’all.

I just called another bud with a camp down on Lake Verret, Shell Beach side. We talked and got him thinking about his party barge and his lake skiff hanging under his boat shed. We’re going early in the morning to take care of those and lash his propane bottle to a cypress tree. If the present path of Miss Laura holds he’ll be in the northeast quadrant and just a few miles north of Morgan City, the Gulf and Lake Palourde. My buddy will get some wind and beau coup waters pushed in.

Looks like my deer lease bushogging, discing and fertilizing will be deferred. More terms of endearment and payback,

Gonna sit back tomorrow evening and let it rain. Hope you Texas Gents will farewell in this thing.
If you don't want to deal with hurricanes, don't live where hurricanes go. Simple really.
Originally Posted by FishinHank
If you don't want to deal with hurricanes, don't live where hurricanes go. Simple really.

No scchitt, Hank. Truer words were never spoken.

But it is what it is.

Well, my hindsight is as good as anybody's. I am from Atlanta. Fiancee and I wanted out of town, and we loved the beach and St. Simons Island.
She was buying rental houses.
But, we decided to head to the mountains. Now she has 4 rental houses in the Blue Ridge Mountains plus the big log house we live in. The main reason we didn't relocate to the coast, we didn't want to mess with hurricanes.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Well, my hindsight is as good as anybody's. I am from Atlanta. Fiancee and I wanted out of town, and we loved the beach and St. Simons Island.
She was buying rental houses.
But, we decided to head to the mountains. Now she has 4 rental houses in the Blue Ridge Mountains plus the big log house we live in. The main reason we didn't relocate to the coast, we didn't want to mess with hurricanes.

Folks that want to live close to paradise sometimes cause all others to have to chip in and help pay for their losses via insurance rates increases spread out nationwide,
You folks hang tough down there. I worked the aftermath of the '04 hurricanes in Florida and '05 Katrina. These nasty buggers affect a lot of people. Play it safe, if you can.
Silver78: Are you now predicting a "crossfire hurricane"?
If so maybe a brand new Mick Jagger will be born?
Seriously though I hope all Americans remain safe whilst this phenomenon occurs/passes.
Yes and send some of that rain up Montana way - PLEASE!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Silver78: Are you now predicting a "crossfire hurricane"?
If so maybe a brand new Mick Jagger will be born?
Seriously though I hope all Americans remain safe whilst this phenomenon occurs/passes.
Yes and send some of that rain up Montana way - PLEASE!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You’re getting soft VG.

All Americans includes Californians too.
Grins
Nothing to worry about just a little wind and some rain.

It comes with the territory.

Like tornadoes and blowing dirt here. whistle
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Nothing to worry about just a little wind and some rain.

It comes with the territory.

Like tornadoes and blowing dirt here. whistle

Respectfully, there’s a difference. At least with a hurricane or typhoon you have a warning period preceding the event.
For Houston, two hurricanes turned out to be none.
Posted By: hanco Re: Two Hurricanes in One Week - 08/28/20
Originally Posted by Reloder28
For Houston, two hurricanes turned out to be none.

We got about 14 drops of rain!
© 24hourcampfire