Home
Posted By: jdm953 Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn168xuS8dw
Posted By: hanco Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
It’s gonna be bad!
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
Damn sure a big one.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
Wife and I were just talking about this.

Prayers to those in the path. I hope everyone evacuated and stays safe.

Prayers from Colorado!
Posted By: overmax Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I believe so, I’m 130 miles north of the coast at Pelican Island and 63 miles due east of Pendleton Bridge, Toledo Bend. I expect a long, next 24 hours here. But there will be lots of folks more in harms way than where I am.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
Originally Posted by overmax
I believe so, I’m 130 miles north of the coast at Pelican Island and 63 miles due east of Pendleton Bridge, Toledo Bend. I expect a long, next 24 hours here. But there will be lots of folks more in harms way than where I am.

I have recently moved back to just outside Dallas and its raining here.
It’s a light sprinkle here right now, wind about 5 mph. If we didn’t have tv or internet it would seem like any other night. It won’t be long and the witch of the gulf will come calling.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I hope all in harm's way will follow the direction of local authorities and get out of there.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
we have 11 ft sea's here. f-cking glad we got the boat off the jetty.
Posted By: mathman Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I'm glad I'm not in Lake Charles. The wind is starting to get sporty in Lafayette, and it'll be getting up to 80 mph in a couple of hours. That's plenty for me. Too much really.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
a surfer died here today.
Posted By: RandyR Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I haven't heard from Siggy in awhile, hope he is ok
Rain time now, some will be killed trying to drive on flooded roads.
The eye is 60 miles Southwest of me now, it’s pretty intense right now.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
Good luck down there. That's a long period of time to spend with that kind of wind. It probably feels like it'll never end. There's a lot of stuff at, or just above sea level.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
https://www.511la.org/

Louisiana DOT web site. Shows an interactive map of road closures. I 10 is closed from the Texas line to way past Lafayette. About 130 miles closed.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
https://www.511la.org/

Louisiana DOT web site. Shows an interactive map of road closures. I 10 is closed from the Texas line to way past Lafayette. About 130 miles closed.

It may be closed for a while!
I was driving all around Houston and Beaumont during Harvey in the 18 wheeler. That damn storm wouldn't go away and it flooded Houston first, for about 4 days, and on the fifth day it moved east and flooded Beaumont.
I 10 was closed from the Louisiana line all the way to the far side of Houston, maybe 150 miles closed due to the floods. I 10 is the busiest interstate in the country.
What a mess that was.
Posted By: Borealis Bob Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I was just reading that emergency officials are telling folks who cannot evacuate to put paper in a ziplock in their pocket with name, ss #, etc. for identification. Scary stuff.
Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the winds turn minutes to hours. We safe but it’s not letting up.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the winds turn minutes to hours."

Good one!
Posted By: deflave Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
I was just reading that emergency officials are telling folks who cannot evacuate to put paper in a ziplock in their pocket with name, ss #, etc. for identification. Scary stuff.

“GFY.”

Might brighten the S&R guy’s day.
Posted By: Steve Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
My cousin's widow lives in New Llano. She skedaddled to her daughters house in central LA. Haven't heard from her or if she's heard about her house.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
Niece in Sulfur says the place is unrecognizable. They are ok, bailed out yesterday to Lafayette. Cousins in Baton Rouge are fine. Can’t reach my family in Houma.
Posted By: dpd Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I live about 50 miles west of Houma. We faired very well compared to Lake Charles. Gusty winds and rain . I do have a lot of water in my yard due to the tidal surge. Houma should be fine .
Posted By: KFWA Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I remember when Andrew went thru Houma

Everyone thought it would be wiped off the map and afterwards everyone in Houma was like "eh..whats the big deal?
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I am in Houma now to try and go to work tomorrow. Bayous are high but the power in on and didn't see any limbs on the ground.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/27/20
I live outside of Delcambre. Did not have any water on my property. No wind damage except about a 1/2 square of shingle on a 22 year old roof. Never loss power. Extremely fortunate.

My business is fine. At work getting servers back up, will have small crew tomorrow, business as usual on Monday.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
Power went out at 10AM due to tree limbs on lines so haven't had contact on what's happening. Maybe a couple of inches of rain. Lot of tree limbs down. Looked like things were over here by 1PM. Did the hurricane fizzle out? Not at all like I expected.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
Oldman3 - Randy, are you alright?
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
So is this over? Seems like it was kind of over hyped except for those right on the coast. The thunderstorm that just went through the dakotas into Minnesota was much more impressive on radar than the hurricane is now.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
I volunteered to go help but nobody has called yet.

Must not be too bad.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
I hate these damn things.

Prayers for all in the path.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
Originally Posted by KFWA
I remember when Andrew went thru Houma

Everyone thought it would be wiped off the map and afterwards everyone in Houma was like "eh..whats the big deal?

That is because Andrew passed 50 miles west of Houma, not through it. The eye passed just west of Franklin, guarantee Franklin, Baldwin, Jeanerette thought it was a big deal.
Posted By: JPro Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
Five trees down in my yard, and I am only about 20 minutes south of the Arkansas line. 2 trees touching the house but no damage. One huge oak fell next to the carport but missed us. It was a butt-puckering experience for sure. 5 surrounding parishes (counties) are at 95%+ outages, according to my power company. I’ve got clean water, a generator, a chainsaw, and one-bar on the cellphone. We’ll make it. Lol.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
I hope everyone made it safe. I saw this on the news last night. It's pretty badass.

Posted By: hotsoup Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/28/20
lots of rice down in my area (south east arkansas) but corn and beans look ok. no trees down and no one in my area lost power. thankful it wasn't worse.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/29/20
Help is on the way......

Past a bunch of bucket trucks headed west on i-20.

One bunch from Canada!

Not sure how far New Brunswick is... but in a bucket truck.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/29/20
New BRUNSWICK!?!?

Holy fook, Detroit would be about half way......... somebody buy those guys a 12 pack!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Hurricane Laura. - 08/29/20
Originally Posted by Dutch
New BRUNSWICK!?!?

Holy fook, Detroit would be about half way......... somebody buy those guys a 12 pack!

Tag was not familiar. Googled it.

Holland’s power service.

No chit. They Musta left before the storm.
© 24hourcampfire