Home
Yesterday evening I was headed home and took the off ramp to turn onto a county road. I saw flashing lights on the shoulder of the ramp so I slowed down and gave some room. As I passed, I saw that a lone sherriff deputy was attempting to cuff a rather large guy in his 20's. I heard the guy yelling loudly and it appeared that he was resisting so I pulled over ahead of them in case the officer need help. As I got out of my car, a motorcycle and truck pulled over and two other guys got out. I told the guys that we needed to hang back and I told the officer we were there in case he needed assistance.
Once the guy saw us he quit resisting and the officer got him in the back seat and closed the door. I asked the officer if he was good and he said yes and thanked us. A happy ending for all except the guy who was cuffed and stuffed.
Good Job. I'm sure he appreciated it with the way the liberal climate towards police is today.
Thanks.
Posted By: g5m Re: Not everyone hates the police - 09/05/20
Good!
Was working over night at a local tire shop last week, doing some drywall work for them, and walked out back to get something out of the truck. A cop was parked out there, lighting up some trees at the edge of the lot, so I walked over to talk to him. Asked if everything was alright, he said other guys and the dog were working to catch a runner over there. I told him if they needed any help, just holler, and he said thank you, told me to be careful. They caught the guy right then, so I told him to have a good night and went back to work. Guy was friendly, seemed genuinely appreciative of the help offer, and none of the distrustful attitude sometimes on display in such interactions. Local guys are pretty good folks for the most part.
Thanks to Sambo and Gray Wolf. I assure you that your assistance was appreciated.
Good job.
Well... I have never seen a LEO ever rioting in the streets, destroying property or painting graffiti. Just sayin'. 😁
I imagine most are great folks. Sure, there are bad apples everywhere, even in the church. Doesn't make everybody bad. Funny thing is: I am 59 y.o. and have NEVER had a problem with the police (that I didn't deserve). Wonder why some folks just seem to always be picked on by the po-po? (rhetorical question, tongue in cheek)
© 24hourcampfire