Home
Posted By: viking Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
So a friend and I went on an ammunition hunt today. We went to Running’s in Glendive first. No 9mm but they had some Hornandy 223 v-max. The only thing we bought was a box of 357 magnum. 1 box of ammunition per costumer.

Miles City had no 9s. Sidney had 3 boxes of 9s, I got 1. I also found 2 boxes of 38s.

40, 10 and 357 can be had here and there. Oh and 45’s are impossible to find too.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
All the ammo you want at the gun shows, just have to pay to play. Something like 14k thousand people attended the West Palm Beach gun show today. 223 was starting at $0.61 and 9mm was starting a $0.49 a round. Last ammo I bought was $0.24 and $0.17 per round, talk about price gouging. I you don't have what you need by now shame on you.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Haven’t purchased any ammo in several years and likely won’t for the rest of my life. Feel free to grab my share. grin
Posted By: Oakster Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
For the first time in my life, I loaded 9mm this spring. I am sitting on about 4000 rounds. It will last a while because due to some personal circumstances, we cant shoot much at all for a few more months
Posted By: kragman1 Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
LGS here has pallets of 1,000 round/case plain old Federal 62 grain 5.56 for $1100 per case.
And they'll be sold out soon.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
If I saw $1100 per case, that'd be a door I'd never darken again.
Posted By: TomT Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
I went into my man cave today (aka... the gun room), and turned a bunch of components into 500 rds of .223 rem (55gr Nosler Ballistic tips), and 200 rds or 45ACP (230gr fmj) and it didn’t make a dent in my supplies. Pays to be prepared.
Posted By: cruzerbotz Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
I was looking online to see if any of my "favorites" were even available. Not a one. Aguila 22lr is eighteen cents a round, or more. Same with other 22lr. Even Thunderbolts were going for eighteen cents a round. I actually have more 22 than I'll ever shoot. Going to sort it and keep the stuff my guns like. The rest I'll put on Armslist at reasonable prices. I've also started shooting PCP airguns and will increase my efforts their.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
LGS yesterday 9mm was $35.00 and up, a case of Federal was $1100.00.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
This time is different, every other time it was just us gun loonies buying stuff, for the most part. Now first time gun buyers first time ammo buyers Manufactures just cannot keep up. $1100 for a case of 62 gr 5.56, that completely blows my mind. For us that have,we can sit back have a cup of coffee and not worry.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
$1100/case? Makes me wish I'd laid in several extra @ $250 last time I bought.

Hindsight.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
With no ammunition available, the defense of freedom won’t last long. Anyone think this across the board shortage is serendipitous? When things heat up, there will be no resupply.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
With no ammunition available, the defense of freedom won’t last long. Anyone think this across the board shortage is serendipitous? When things heat up, there will be no resupply.

And you’ll still be an ass hole.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Shotgun ammo does not seem to have had a price increase, at least not target loads. Same for components--shot, wads, primers, powder.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Ammo Seek might be your friend. Bring $$$
Posted By: arkypete Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
My reloading shed has plenty of ammo waiting to be made.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Genuine honest question... do you still feel that me selling new primed 300 Blackout brass last month at $0.06 a brass was still extremely rude of me?

Please do not redirect the question, I offered 30,000 pieces of this brass and sold them all and you had a conniption fit over it for some reason. Can you please help me understand why. Thank you most kindly.

I also sold 30,000 .224 and .308 bullets as low as $0.03 each... that also evoked vile profanity from you. I remain incredibly confused as to why you thought these prices were so exceptionally high when others did not.

This is not a call out. You called me out and I remain incredibly confused as to why. Thank you kindly for your response.
Posted By: viking Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Yeah, anyway I got hooked on a movie last night....

Murdoch’s over in miles city had 10’s, some 40’s and 357 sig. A couple of stores are even stocking 22tcm.

If anyone is looking for a Vr80, they had one.

Oh, I wasn’t buying for myself, my kids are having trouble finding ammunition.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Genuine honest question... do you still feel that me selling new primed 300 Blackout brass last month at $0.06 a brass was still extremely rude of me?

Please do not redirect the question, I offered 30,000 pieces of this brass and sold them all and you had a conniption fit over it for some reason. Can you please help me understand why. Thank you most kindly.

I also sold 30,000 .224 and .308 bullets as low as $0.03 each... that also evoked vile profanity from you. I remain incredibly confused as to why you thought these prices were so exceptionally high when others did not.

This is not a call out. You called me out and I remain incredibly confused as to why. Thank you kindly for your response.

I wish I would’ve bought 10,000 from you instead of 2000.I have 100 loaded up for the barbecue today :-)
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by Oakster
For the first time in my life, I loaded 9mm this spring. I am sitting on about 4000 rounds. It will last a while because due to some personal circumstances, we cant shoot much at all for a few more months

You may need to donate some to patriots for coming events. It could allow you to survive past burning a couple hundred rounds. Hate to see the enemy get a few thousand rounds. shocked
Posted By: horse1 Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Nothing @ 'The Warehouse in Willytown?
Posted By: viking Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
I talked to a heavy hauler trucker yesterday, he was from Florida. He said he heard of Flave, LOL.

He was telling me everywhere he has went across the country, that the popular ammo is gone.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by arkypete

Yep, fixing to finish loading 1K .223 with $13.00 per 500 fmj's purchased in the '90's for times just like these. Bought a lot of these just after the Slick Willie Clinton '94 primer scare. Hate to see guys ammo-less, but it's hard to sympathize with people who refuse to pay attention, even after the recent 2011-2013 ammo/component shortage but want to cry in a public forum about no ammo to be had.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by gunswizard
LGS yesterday 9mm was $35.00 and up, a case of Federal was $1100.00.

Are you saying a 1000 rd case of Federal 9mm was $1100?

If so, I've got several I'll sell in about 45 days.

Lol.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Fact is you can never have enough ammo. I'd like to have more of everything, especially some heavy hard cast 10mm ammo.
Posted By: lastround Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

My re-supply sits about 30 ft from where I sit right now. Plenty of components with which to keep me and mine supplied for a long time and plenty already loaded up. I don’t rely on factory ammo.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20

Bought some factory defense 40 ammo a couple yrs ago

other than 22LR.......no need for factory rifle/pistol ammo

Prob been 50 years since I purchased factory rifle ammo

Today ? Have all the components to last a L O N G time

Oh yea.....22LR too......be prepared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Bought some factory defense 40 ammo a couple yrs ago

other than 22LR.......no need for factory rifle/pistol ammo

Prob been 50 years since I purchased factory rifle ammo

Today ? Have all the components to last a L O N G time

Oh yea.....22LR too......be prepared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by Chisos

. Hate to see guys ammo-less, but it's hard to sympathize with people who refuse to pay attention, even after the recent 2011-2013 ammo/component shortage but want to cry in a public forum about no ammo to be had.

Guys just keep on doing the same thing and expecting a different result. You would think everyone that shoots would be stocked up but no, they're not. We have been through this two or three times now in recent memory but folks just dont seem capable of learning. Sad.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Chisos

. Hate to see guys ammo-less, but it's hard to sympathize with people who refuse to pay attention, even after the recent 2011-2013 ammo/component shortage but want to cry in a public forum about no ammo to be had.

Guys just keep on doing the same thing and expecting a different result. You would think everyone that shoots would be stocked up but no, they're not. We have been through this two or three times now in recent memory but folks just dont seem capable of learning. Sad.

So true, my brother was caught shorthanded He asked me if I would sell him some ammo and I said no, LOL, I sort of kind of felt bad but I gave him links to overpriced ammo and he bought it :-)
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20

Best get after it. Components are completely useless unless assembled.

I have a sealed case of Fed 210's (5K)

I'd trade straight across for the same in Rem 7.5's

As the saying goes.........

wish in one hand........._______________
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Best get after it. Components are completely useless unless assembled.

I have 1500+ empty dog brass on my bench........

That's my project the next few days
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Ammo hunt today - 09/06/20
Agreed. I don't have a clue what the V Max that was first mentioned goes for...I know it's premium ammo. Regular FMJ Fed is better than Wolf or the like, but it's pretty much bargain basement. $350 per 1000 was the going rate for a long time.
© 24hourcampfire