Home
Posted By: watch4bear Definition of a female - 09/06/20
The Merriam-Webster dictionary appeared to update its definition of “female” to include “having a gender identity that is opposite of male,” effectively erasing the concept of biological sex.

The dictionary appeared to add to its primary definition of female, which is defined as, “of, relating to, or being the sex that typically has the capacity to bear young or produce eggs.”

However, while the primary definition overtly acknowledges the biological reality of the female sex, which makes it distinct from the male sex, the U.S. dictionary effectively negated its own definition by adding additional explanations to seemingly submit to the radical transgender movement.

Merriam-Webster’s sub-definitions, which seemingly erase the reality of biological sex, include:

having a gender identity that is the opposite of male
made up of usually adult members of the female sex
designed for or typically used by girls or women
having a quality (such as small size or delicacy of sound) sometimes associated with the female sex
This would not be the first time Merriam-Webster has moved to satisfy the mounting demands of transgender activists. As Breitbart News reported in July, Merriam-Webster updated its definition of “trans woman” to “woman who was identified as male at birth,” once again taking another step in erasing the biological reality of women.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ale-having-gender-identity-opposite-male
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
Born with dick -> man
Born with vagina -> woman
Posted By: hanco Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
Usually figured out by boys around 7 or 8
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
We understand the birds & the bees, but what about the possum or opossum. The male has a 2 headed pecker, and the female is designed to match. Saw that on a nature show, & didn't believe it so I looked it up.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
I'm gonna break down like Kirk herbstreit when I tell this story....

A feller once asked me if I knew what the definition of a woman was.......

He followed up with.....he actually said this...bear with me,
I need a moment here....

He said.......the definition of a woman..."is a life support system for a poozzy"

I kid you not.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
Go buckeyes
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Born with dick -> man
Born with vagina -> woman

Can't get more true than this
Posted By: Texson2 Re: Definition of a female - 09/06/20
Shania Twain 😜
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The Merriam-Webster dictionary appeared to update its definition of “female” to include “having a gender identity that is opposite of male,”

That is rather polarizing.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Definition of a female - 09/07/20
Well, I do know one, when I see one. laugh
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Definition of a female - 09/07/20
Originally Posted by Texson2
Shania Twain 😜

Plus 1
Posted By: Goosey Re: Definition of a female - 09/07/20
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Definition of a female - 09/07/20
The function of dictionaries is to record the way words are used, not to prescribe. It isn't a matter of the dictionary taking any sort of position. What they consider is evidence of a word being used in a particular way, and if there's enough evidence of it, in it goes.

With typical dictionaries (I assume this is the case for Merriam- Webster, but I haven't directly dealt with them) you can even contribute to the process, by collating and sending them evidence of a new usage or a new word. There's a pretty regular influx of new usages and new words every year.

In saying the above I am not endorsing the new usage, but I think the lesson of King Canute applies here.
Posted By: lochsa Re: Definition of a female - 09/07/20
See also Piddler
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Definition of a female - 09/07/20
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by Texson2
Shania Twain 😜

Plus 1

++P

😎
© 24hourcampfire