Home
just a random posting for wabi and others who like to follow current events.

for me i think it's the nursing home residents and their care takers who have taken it on the chin the worst. that is many have died from it although others have also.

the school teachers and students have had their lives utterly disrupted. so have many of the workers especially the restuarants and bars. maybe the gyms too.

who else?

well, i'm thinking the churches of various flavors. many church leaders went along with the science. others resisted, but not many sued to stay open.

the country has signed on to science big time. it's been the main story or so it seems. and testing, and quarantines, and a search for vaccines.

the ventilator scenario was about as crazy an episode as i've ever heard of. and a mercy ship in la, and another one in new york.

overall the churches as an entity or orgn has lost the most ground in my opinion. they supported the science not the faith.
How fugking stupid does a person have to be in order to say the country is following science?

Did you not make it past the 6th grade?
BLM/Antifa numbers don't appear to be thinned much.

Can't be too dangerous.
I met a retired teacher yesterday at a bike terrain course. She had her grandson, and I had my youngest two. We had several conversations, including why I would never put my kids in public school, and why the "Covid" has been so disruptive. Her perspective was, "If people would just follow common sense, there wouldn't be a problem." I utterly agreed with her, though we were talking about two distinct and opposing perspectives. If people followed any sense at all, they'd not listen to a single thing the media said after the first few times it blatantly made up lies. The same with "authorities" and politicians, and doctors, and any governmental organization.

The worst hit has been taken by those people who seek to grasp reality. We are now surrounded by delusional simpletons. The second group hit worst is small business owners.
THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER
Originally Posted by hatari
THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER

Bingo!

Thank you very much!!!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER

Bingo!

Thank you very much!!!

as a broad group it is easy to include this mainstream category. we've as an entity of a country are down some 3 trillion dollar give or take. a production interval that can never be replaced. we can only play catch up in various categories.

lotsa kids below and above the 6th grade level will never catch up with lost progress, learning, and socialization. but one virus don't stop no show.

it's almost as if china has been conspiring with the communist left of this country to bring the economy down.

THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER

Best answer yet.

Gym owners have really taken a beating. I have a good buddy (gym owner/personal teainer) here who has taken it so far as to sue our Governor for refusing to allow gyms to open. As a kicker they refused his application for unemployment benefits saying his unemployment was not Covid related. You really can't make this $chit up.

https://www.witn.com/app/2020/09/09...mployment-benefits-searches-for-answers/

My wife is a Kindergarten teacher in public schools. It has thrown them for a loop. Kids in our district are either Mon/Tues or Thur/Fri with an e-learning day on Wed. The lack of in-person instruction will put kids behind if we don't get back to normal soon.
THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER

I will fourth or fifth this ^^^^^^^ ...

Followed by small businesses. Most small businesses in our area are back to at least SOME level of operation. However, the bruhaha about Nancy Piglosi and the beauty salons that have still not been allowed in to open in CA was another reminder that the Communists are still hard at work trying to wreck America...
Yeah, the poor taxpayer is so much worse off than those lazy loafers in the seniors home that this communist virus makes so indolent that they decide to stop breathing. I can't believe they'd stick it to the taxpayers like that.
Too bad it hasn’t been BLM shîtheads
Prostitutes?
some discussion at the north pole between mr. and mrs. claus whether they'll wear a mask at christmas or even show up at all.

has something to do with the numbers of people expected to sit on their laps in any given half a day.

some rumor they'll do it all digitally. they're stay at the pole and talk over the internet.
Bars, dance halls, brothels. laugh
Driving past a local strip joint. It had a sign outside "Clothed Until Further Notice".
To be serious, doctors, and nurses that work close to the sick.
Las Vegas has likely taken a pretty hard overall economic hit from all of this mess.
Originally Posted by Dess
Driving past a local strip joint. It had a sign outside "Clothed Until Further Notice".
lol
Originally Posted by Dess

Very clever. 😆
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Prostitutes?

Heather Harmon/Brooke.
The ONLY ones who have not taken it on the chin are all those who work for the gov. They havent missed a beat.
Originally Posted by cuznguido
The ONLY ones who have not taken it on the chin are all those who work for the gov. They havent missed a beat.

Not everyone in .gov. Many DOTs are funded primarily by gas tax which has been significantly reduced with everyone working from home. I had to take a 20 hrs unpaid furlough due to the virus, but we were fortunate that was all it was.
The disease: Elderly
Economically: Small business owners. Their employees got one hell of a paid summer vacation.
Boomers
© 24hourcampfire