Home
Watch exhaust-blasting bonehead suffer neighbors' revenge.

ya i was that guy many years ago. i lived in a huge apartment complex and bought a harley and put drag pipes on it. i would leave for work around 6:30 in the morning and set off car alarms all the way down the street. i didn't do it on purpose to piss people off though. nobody ever fugged with my bike though. probably lucky considering i lived in philthadelphia. still have the bike but left philthy 20+ years ago. now the only neighbors who hear my scoot are the groundhogs and deer as i blast up the road.
Lucky he didn't wake someone with a welding rig.
Originally Posted by Dess

+1
😂😂
Our church has a chapter of Sons of Thunder. It's a Christian motorcycle club dedicated to Christ. Some of them have bikes that will wake the dead. When they leave from church after Sunday services, they can shake the building. It's pretty obnoxious.

FWIW, here's their statement of mission from the clubs website. I underlined a couple interesting items.

OUR MISSION

INTERNATIONAL:

On the international front, to garner resources to train, equip & advise Christian Militias to defend themselves against attack:

Partner with Sons of Liberty International and other groups to deliver resources directly to intended recipients.
Help implement the SOLI model to prevent profit seekers from exploiting conflict.
Reference Scripture: Daniel Chapter 11:32-35

DOMESTIC UNITED STATES:

On the domestic front, to partner with ACT for America, Clarion Project, and other organizations to expose and counter the Muslim Brotherhood plan to take America down from within. *

To engage in and support responsible National Security issues. See links to organizations we interact with.

COMMUNITY MISSION:

Each chapter will select its own missions depending on the needs of their communities.
The facts are loud motorcycles are more likely to be noticed by other drivers, loud pipes save lives.
Originally Posted by rem141r
ya i was that guy many years ago. i lived in a huge apartment complex and bought a harley and put drag pipes on it. i would leave for work around 6:30 in the morning and set off car alarms all the way down the street. i didn't do it on purpose to piss people off though. nobody ever fugged with my bike though. probably lucky considering i lived in philthadelphia. still have the bike but left philthy 20+ years ago. now the only neighbors who hear my scoot are the groundhogs and deer as i blast up the road.

Philadelphia? My condolences.
Originally Posted by rickt300
The facts are loud motorcycles are more likely to be noticed by other drivers, loud pipes save lives.

Loud pipes bullshit. I saw a dude on a Harley cutting in and out off traffic looking to get killed.

Not in your driveway, save it for the road.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Loud pipes bullshit. I saw a dude on a Harley cutting in and out off traffic looking to get killed.
the only bikes that save lives are the ones with flashing blue lights.
Contrived.

If drivers notice loud pipes over their radios and handheld devices, they won't be able to tell where the noise is coming from. If you need loud pipes for protection, you need to read the book Proficient Motorcycling and adhere to its tenets.
I paid several disturbing the peace fines with my 1966 Plymouth Belvidere 383. I have never seen a motorcycle pulled over for excessive noise.
I figger guys with loud bikes never got enough mommy attention and have tiny little dicks.

that is a bunch of horse sh it. if loud pipes saved lives why dont they mandate all cars and trucks to have open pipes? bikers with loud bikes talk safety while they fought the helmet laws for years go from one bar to another drinking and drugging then get on the bikes
Loud pipes are are so insecure rednecks can feel good about themselves.
I am 40 miles from NYC around here the 1000's of look at me I am tough cause my bike is loud guys on harleys are cops firemen and yuppies in finance. only ones that can afford a bike that is only used for 3-4 months
Why do cops ignore loud azz pipes and bikers who flaunt noise laws and vehicle codes? Asking for a friend.
Originally Posted by WAM
Why do cops ignore loud azz pipes and bikers who flaunt noise laws and vehicle codes? Asking for a friend.

That's what um sayin'. Damn things oughta be illegal.

Total BS, guys just like loud engines. I didn’t put a loud exhaust on my old vette because I thought it would save lives, I put it on because I like to hear the rumble laugh
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by WAM

That's what um sayin'. Damn things oughta be illegal.

I say the same thing but I was told their is not a law against it. but a hells angel that worked for me told me they went thru a town in PA got stopped and they put sound meters on the bikes and they all got tickets. what most dont know is harleys come out of the factory with quiet mufflers but no buyer will take them unless the loud pipes are put on and it is against federal law to change the pipes like that so federal law is supposedly broken. a read a statement one of the owners of harley said that cause he was worried about all the complaints around the country about the noise
1 am to 1:30 am.............neighbor has his big Harley rumbling, just sitting in the drive.
Yup, he's a democrat.

Of course from 1:30 am to 2:30 am it's a spooks sub blasting from way down the street.

Am hoping the two rude fuggers meet and kill each other.

Imagine if gun shops modified firearms in the same way. “You want that barrel chopped on your shotgun? No problem.”
Originally Posted by hookeye
1 am to 1:30 am.............neighbor has his big Harley rumbling, just sitting in the drive.
Yup, he's a democrat.

Of course from 1:30 am to 2:30 am it's a spooks sub blasting from way down the street.

Am hoping the two rude fuggers meet and kill each other.

Funny I know many bikers and none are Demrats. And they are very outspoken against demrats.
I just wish that for school buses, they’d route the tailpipe out the front of the vehicle.
Maybe put football cards in the spokes? Best use I can think of for them.
My neighbor across the street had a [bleep] buddy that thought he was smart by coasting his Harley down the street then revving hell out of it leaving at 1 in the morning.

I have a closed course dirt bike that actually has to meet sound limits yet Harley run around with those stupid loud ass pipes.
Originally Posted by Dess

+1
I tolerate them.

Don't really care for the noise, but...

knowing some little kid will soon be getting a new kidney, heart or liver from some dumbass makes me feel all warm inside.

With that reasoning, we all should run straight pipes on out cars and trucks. Think how many lives it would save. crazy GW

Complete bullshit, and I had drag pipes on every H-D I owned.
Yahh know pea gravel on a turn the loud cycle has to trave does wonders.
A can of "Great Stuff" expanding foam squirted into those pipes will quiet 'em right down! Use a piece of tubing about a foot long on the nozzle to make sure to get good penetration.
my diesel has a down pipe with a 3ft strait pipe.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Yep. Cruiser type bike riders are generally less likely to play such stupid donorcycle games, but enough play that their loud pipes are immaterial to the outcome.

FACT ! !

I'm a cyclist and know from experience that I've 'heard' bikes coming behind me that I hadn't noticed in the mirror.

I have quiet bikes, mid decibel & LOUD bikes.

Some P W are always whining ! ! !
cry cry cry

Get A Life ! smirk

Last night I saw part of a T V "show". Don't know the name of it and only bumped into it.

They were mocking U S citizens......" We ought to buy more guns"

SAME types.

BTW, I'm jwall.

Constantly honking your car or truck horn with your emergency lights on while driving saves lives too
Guys if you'll allow me I'll give you a Real Life Experience.

A few years ago a friend and fellow Dirt Bike Rider were traveling I 30. He was driving and I was passenger.
A LOUD motorcycle (or 2 ?? ) passed us. He retorted....

"Loud Motorcycles Saves Lives... B S "

I said to him,.... " Your heard him coming. "

He said,.... " Good Point "

jwall
If you’d route the pipes out the front to project the noise in the direction you’re headed it’ll be even more effective at saving your life and you can enjoy the obnoxious noise as much as everyone else.

Of course I don’t ever hear those loud pipes anyway since I’m always bumping some gangsta rap loud enough for everyone else to hear.
Ha Ha, gangsta ! wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hey Kid, this thing has AM/FM/cassette// CB radio.
I listen to FM as long as I'm under 60 mph.

It came with the "Screaming Eagles" and they are not BAD unless you're ON IT.
When I'm riding aggressively, yes I do at times, I can't hear Brooks & Dunn. whistle grin

Jerry
I was waiting for my wife to do some shopping when a porch ape in a blinged-out Escalade with 24" wheels and gold trim parked close by with his rap rattling windows. I put in a CD of Slim Whitman yodeling, rolled down all the windows, and maxed out the volume. It took him less than 5 minutes to find a different place to park.
Years ago in Louisiana I did similar at a gas station.

He turned his volume down ....... then I did.

BS! The noise is behind you. If you are worried about getting run over from behind, you don't need a noisy bike, you need a faster bike; and just because you are making more noise doesn't mean you are making more power.

Jerry
Jerryv-

You didn’t read this.

Originally Posted by jwall

A few years ago a friend and fellow Dirt Bike Rider were traveling I 30. He was driving and I was passenger.

jwall
OR this.

Ha Ha, gangsta ! wink

Hey Kid, this thing has AM/FM/cassette// CB radio.
I listen to FM as long as I'm under 60 mph.

It came with the "Screaming Eagles" and they are not BAD unless you're ON IT.
When I'm riding aggressively, yes I do at times, I can't hear Brooks & Dunn. whistle grin

Jerry

Originally Posted by Jerryv

.......and just because you are making more noise doesn't mean you are making more power.

Jerry

Yeah and that’s why
NASCAR and Dragstrips are quiet & serene. crazy smirk

grin grin
There was maybe forty Harley’s at the hawk watch site outside of Corpus today, set up having a barbecue maybe 60 yards away.

I passed a few on the highway getting there, more exposed skin in our Texas sun than I woulda done.

No one was running straight pipes so it weren’t that bad. Couldn’t help but think tho all them decibels didn’t necessarily translate to exceptional horsepower. Noisemakers basically.

If I ever own a Beemer again, maybe I could put some Stuka sirens on it.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
There was maybe forty Harley’s at the hawk watch site outside of Corpus today, set up having a barbecue maybe 60 yards away.

I passed a few on the highway getting there, more exposed skin in our Texas sun than I woulda done.

No one was running straight pipes so it weren’t that bad. Couldn’t help but think tho all them decibels didn’t necessarily translate to exceptional horsepower. Noisemakers basically.

you were in town and didn't call.
Couldn’t help but think tho all them decibels didn’t necessarily translate to exceptional horsepower. Noisemakers basically.

I heard Harley was the most efficient way to convert gasoline to noise without making horsepower.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I was waiting for my wife to do some shopping when a porch ape in a blinged-out Escalade with 24" wheels and gold trim parked close by with his rap rattling windows. I put in a CD of Slim Whitman yodeling, rolled down all the windows, and maxed out the volume. It took him less than 5 minutes to find a different place to park.

That’s a really nice bullschit story.
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

I heard Harley was the most efficient way to convert gasoline to noise without making horsepower.

IIRC , I told you that 85% of all Harleys are still on the road.....

The other 15% made it home. whistle
grin grin
The hillbilly "music" was unbearable.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

you were in town and didn't call.

I will next time Rog.

Left directly from work Friday afternoon, got drunk ca. 1836 in good company at Presidio La BahĂ­a, detoured through Odum today to count migrating raptors out by Calallen HS, left early to get home to the dogs.
I remember this dude back in the day with a Trans Am with a 454 in it, it had headers into full length side pipes so it wasn't too loud. Just to be extra bad he put a dump in right after the headers with a gate and electric switch. crazy You could hear that stupid thing all over town on a Saturday night if the heat showed up he'd just hit the switch and do the old wuzznt me..
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

IIRC , I told you that 85% of all Harleys are still on the road.....

The other 15% made it home. whistle
grin grin

grin
Lol! Keep 2 wheels on the ground brothers!

I put a white bros e-series on my xr650l, for a extra .5 hp (😉) but they were loud. Throaty.
Saved me a couple of times on the hwy making it to the trails.....

Be safe.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Contrived.

Totally, just about everything you see on the internet is made up bbullshitt
Originally Posted by fester
Lol! Keep 2 wheels on the ground brothers!

I put a white bros e-series on my xr650l, for a extra .5 hp (😉) but they were loud. Throaty.
Saved me a couple of times on the hwy making it to the trails.....

Be safe.

That is the Context of this Thread.

jwall

Did you ask him if he could tell exactly where the motorcycle was? Did you ask him if the sound of the motorcycle prevented him from changing lanes without looking?
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

What is things I have only fantasized of doing Alex?

Find that almost all police officers turn their deaf ear to loud motorcycles but will quickly enforce exhaust laws on other vehicles. No they don't always enforce the laws equally. 50% of the immediate officers that I worked with were motorcycle riders. Officers that drank excessively also made few to none intoxicated driving arrest. Always found the above very interesting. GW
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

jwall

Did you ask him if he could tell exactly where the motorcycle was? Did you ask him if the sound of the motorcycle prevented him from changing lanes without looking?

In that situation there was no need to ask ???

He was aware before they got beside us.

Jerry
Around here, the Earl Thomas Conley coming out of their speakers is louder than their pipes. crazy crazy
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

jwall

In that situation there was no need to ask ???

He was aware before they got beside us.

Jerry

Does your friend make a habit of changing lanes without looking? Unless he does, he doesn't need to hear the motorcycle.
Not being smart.

That's irrelevant in this discussion. But no he's not, I've known him since 2000 and he hasn't had an accident.

The point I and some are making is: a loud motorcycle will get people's attention BEFORE they're beside them.
Some people don't want to get the point.

Jerry
Originally Posted by slumlord
Around here, the Earl Thomas Conley coming out of their speakers is louder than their pipes. crazy crazy

HEY ! ETC is/was K O O L.

careful there Barney.
If I can't hear the birds chirp because of your f'ing mortocycle it's too damn loud.
G G

Diff Strokes....... 2 or 4 !

Jerry
There is a formula...I can't find it right now.... as decibel level increases, IQ level decreases, inversely proportional. Does not apply to logging, mining and construction equipment.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
There is a formula...I can't find it right now.... as decibel level increases, IQ level decreases, inversely proportional. Does not apply to logging, mining and construction equipment.

Oh no, don't tell Jwall that shiet. You have to have a super loud obnoxious bike so you don't get runned over.
© 24hourcampfire