Home
Posted By: Armednfree NICS Delay - 09/14/20
My wife bought an LCR at Cabelas and got put on delay by NCIS 6 weeks ago. Two week ago she ran that NCIS again since Cabelas will not release the firearm without approval, despite what the law says. She was put on delay again.

Is this common today? It would be her first firearms purchase. The counter guy said a number of people are getting that when it's their first purchase.
Posted By: RHutch Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
I know a guy who purchased a shotgun at a Bass Pro and is dealing with the same thing.
First time gun-owner, 8 weeks delay on approval.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
I'd shop elsewhere!
Posted By: Blackheart Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
"Shall not be infringed" Yeah right. Somebody needs to remind the politicians and especially the courts of that.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by Blackheart
"Shall not be infringed" Yeah right. Somebody needs to remind the politicians and especially the courts of that.

We need to purge some politicians and judges.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Cancel the order.

Go buy it yourself and gift it to her.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

More than just "some". The NRA and all the other Fudd"s who think a little infringement is OK need to go too.
Posted By: 458Win Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
No matter what you may of thought of Martin Luther King jr, , he was absolutely correct when he said "a right delayed is a right denied "
Posted By: Cheesy Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
I’ve had 3 NICS checks in last 6 weeks (2 Walmart 700s, 1 1911 at BPS) All were delays. All call backs the next business day.

Not a first time buyer.
Originally Posted by 458Win
No matter what you may of thought of Martin Luther King jr, , he was absolutely correct when he said "a right delayed is a right denied "
It ceases to be a right just as soon as you have to get permission. Whether that takes a few minutes or a few weeks makes no difference.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by Armednfree
My wife bought an LCR at Cabelas and got put on delay by NCIS 6 weeks ago. Two week ago she ran that NCIS again since Cabelas will not release the firearm without approval, despite what the law says. She was put on delay again.

Is this common today? It would be her first firearms purchase. The counter guy said a number of people are getting that when it's their first purchase.

Geeze? Is she doing better?

I remember she was in tough shape there for a while?
Posted By: Raeford Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Bad bro-in-law, gonna take him out, mebbe?
Posted By: natman Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by steve4102
Cancel the order.

Straw purchase and a felony. Don't do it.
Posted By: MadTrapper375 Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20

10-4 on that.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20

Agreed💯
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by natman
Cancel the order.

Don't people pretty routinely buy guns for their family members as presents? Most boys, for example, get their first gun as a present from their dad, no? Is that an illegal straw purchase? Often, the first such a boy knows about it is on Christmas morning when he's opening his gifts, so he hadn't generally gone through a NICS check for it. I think husbands and wives do the same thing for each other fairly routinely, no?
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Cancel the order.

This is America - we have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to buy weapons and give them to family and friends. All else is BUNK.

The "straw purchase" nonsense is legal bullschitt to scare people from doing just that. SCREW the straw purchase laws, they are null-and-void.
Posted By: Snyper Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Cancel the order.

That's misinformation.
Buy a clue.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
It ceases to be a right just as soon as you have to get permission. Whether that takes a few minutes or a few weeks makes no difference.

This! If the government legislates in statute form any exercise of a right, it is now a privilege, mediated by the government. If anyone imagines that's what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they wrote the founding documents, they don't know how to use basic logic.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

This! If the government legislates in statute form any exercise of a right, it is now a privilege, mediated by the government. If anyone imagines that's what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they wrote the founding documents, they don't know how to use basic logic.
Hear-hear.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Hear-hear.

Imagine if they made you get a background check before you could speak your mind on a political question. If that's a violation of the First Amendment (which it clearly would be), then it's a violation of the Second Amendment to require it for a gun purchase.
Posted By: antlers Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
We shouldn’t have to get permission from the government to exercise a Constitutional Right.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
I used to always get delays until they increased their staff. Now it's just a few minutes at most and approved by the time I get done scratching out the BATFEces 4473.

The delays were because not just any low-life NICS monkey gets to access my records.

Originally Posted by Fireball2

Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.

Cancel the order.

Horseschitt! Learn the definition of straw purchase. Gifting is NOT a straw purchase. He's buying with his own money and gifting to a known non-prohibited person. All perfectly legal and acceptable.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: NICS Delay - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

She is, Thank you.
© 24hourcampfire