Home
On the way home from the gym the mayor of Medford came on the radio. He told us the cost of cleaning up EACH burned out house varies from $50,000 up to $150,000! The burned material is considered "toxic" and must be disposed of according to some EPA regulation!. The mayor said a few inches of the dirt needs to be put in an oven and heated. What does he think the fire just did?! Oregon is the only state in the Union that has a land use commission telling each home owner they need to build "A deliberate" house. What the heck does that mean.

On a just as annoying note: ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter has moved into Hawthorne Park where no camping is allowed. The chief of police was on and NOT answering a single question, rather dodging everyone of them. The illegal "campers" have been there for a few days. A caller told us listeners since the sky was clear today he and his wife drove to a place at 6:00AM near the college to watch the sunrise. They parked off the road so no one would be blocked from entering the college which is closed. Within minutes a college security and a sheriff arrived and told them to leave! Like someone posted on another thread.....the police are not your friend. I will add, unless you are breaking the law. mad
Elections have consequences.

They voted for it, they can enjoy the benefits of it.
Hey
Originally Posted by Ringman
On the way home from the gym the mayor of Medford came on the radio. He told us the cost of cleaning up EACH burned out house varies from $50,000 up to $150,000! The burned material is considered "toxic" and must be disposed of according to some EPA regulation!. The mayor said a few inches of the dirt needs to be put in an oven and heated. What does he think the fire just did?! Oregon is the only state in the Union that has a land use commission telling each home owner they need to build "A deliberate" house. What the heck does that mean.

On a just as annoying note: ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter has moved into Hawthorne Park where no camping is allowed. The chief of police was on and NOT answering a single question, rather dodging everyone of them. The illegal "campers" have been there for a few days. A caller told us listeners since the sky was clear today he and his wife drove to a place at 6:00AM near the college to watch the sunrise. They parked off the road so no one would be blocked from entering the college which is closed. Within minutes a college security and a sheriff arrived and told them to leave! Like someone posted on another thread.....the police are not your friend. I will add, unless you are breaking the law. mad

That certainly should not make one skeptical of the information highway coming out of Oregon! What a mess. Ringman, is there any link to this debacle in Hawthorne Park?
Ok having been thru a fire once unfortunately the mayor is partly right. Our house debris in 94' had to be hand sorted into three piles and handled differently and sent to different dumps by EPA regulations. That was over $25K then. Now Minnesotal business owners are discovering that the debris removal is running well over $100K and up to $300K and insurance policy limit for that is normally the same $25K from years ago. Most people are grossly underinsured for fire in the first place and many agents do not even understand how the policy clauses work.
I believe many states have similar epa regulations!
Originally Posted by Heym06

They don't have the house building regulations according to the radio. Oregon is the only state with these regulations. I found out some of the property owners will not be allowed to build on their own property.

They don't have the house building regulations according to the radio. Oregon is the only state with these regulations. I found out some of the property owners will not be allowed to build on their own property.

I can't find where any have been denied. Of course the smoke hasn't cleared over many areas! Time will tell!

I can't find where any have been denied. Of course the smoke hasn't cleared over many areas! Time will tell!
It's been going on for many years. Keep looking.
News Flash--EPA doesn't have regulations on burned houses! Must be some bullchit state DEQ regulation!
Originally Posted by Sako76
News Flash--EPA doesn't have regulations on burned houses! Must be some bullchit state DEQ regulation!

The state has the whip hand. They can tell you anything they want and you can do nothing. The state has guys with guns who will do their bidding.
Oregon has good bear and blacktail deer hunting.
© 24hourcampfire