Home
Posted By: wabigoon PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
What do you think, is there still "time" for departed family members to be Saved?
Posted By: efw Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
If you’re Roman Catholic you answer that one way; if Protestant another.
Too little too late, but you already know that.
No

That’s why you should respond to The Gospel, “before it’s everlastingly too late”

Shouldn’t methodists already be squared away on this?
Well, with God all things are possible?
Well...if Grandpa is not in Heaven....there isn't such a place.
Posted By: Gus Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
a waste of time to pray for the dead.

on the other hand, there's no one sayin' ya can't?

can we fit re-incarnation into the general discussion, or too late?
"It is appointed to man once to die, and then the judgement." Don't waste your time.
Posted By: szihn Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
^
^
^
Originally Posted by efw

So, according to the scripture you know, i wish youd say if you think RBG MAY be looking across that gulf in purgatory, or iirc, Shiloh (or something like that).
Let us all Pray, non of our loved need prayers.

Nope. Dead is dead.
Posted By: efw Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by efw

So, according to the scripture you know, i wish youd say if you think RBG MAY be looking across that gulf in purgatory, or iirc, Shiloh (or something like that).

Well since there’s no purgatory... whistle
Reincarnation makes a helluva lot more sense than eternal damnation. Unless eternal damnation means you have to keep coming back and living in this schithole world we live in over and over.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Well since there’s no purgatory... whistle

Allright. Thanks.
Wabigoon,

Jesus said to a ruler of the Pharisees,
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.". John 3:18

Verse 36 says,
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Notice that salvation is present tense....hath everlasting life.
Preachers/ministers who aren't saved will teach that you have to wait until judgement to find out.

For the saved....heaven bound it also says,
"We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."
I Cor. 7:8 for further study.

I suggest starting tonight and every morning after prayer to begin with St. John (gospel) in the KJV Bible.
God will bless you for it.

PM anytime.
☕ 🙂 👍
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Reincarnation makes a helluva lot more sense than eternal damnation. Unless eternal damnation means you have to keep coming back and living in this schithole world we live in over and over.

I been waiting a long, long time for Him to ask me my opinion on what makes sense.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Some of those may have needed prayers before the crash.

Some of those may have needed prayers before the crash.

No more so than most of youse guys.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Wabigoon,

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.". John 3:18

Verse 36 says,
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Preachers/ministers who aren't saved will teach that you have to wait until judgement to find out.

"We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

I suggest starting tonight and every morning after prayer to begin with St. John (gospel) in the KJV Bible.

PM anytime.
☕ 🙂 👍

Will the New King James Bible or the New American Standard Bible work?
JackM,

This one hour will help answer any questions you may have about reincarnation. This movie has a man who spent over a thousand hours interviewing hindus. I am not indian, but when I was young, I was led into a branch of that religion which is the source of teaching on reincarnation. I will answer any questions you may have after you watch it entirely, including the after the credits extra.

What Ringman said.....
Now we can ask about Believing, and accepting the Offer?
The carnal man doesn't want to believe. Spiritual matters are Spiritually discerned. The Holy Spirit must soften the heart so it may respond. This is how we should pray for others.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
Time is one of God's creations. God is able to see all time - past, present and future in His now.
So a prayer said now can affect any time, past, present or future. Praying is never a waste of time. Even if things don't turn out as you wish.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Coming back as Paddler would suck.

😎
So much is God's will.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Wabigoon,

Verse 36 says,

PM anytime.
☕ 🙂 👍

Will the New King James Bible or the New American Standard Bible work?

I recommend the KJV for its accuracy, power and for how the Holy Spirit uses it to help me to understand.
I have used the NAS I don't know how much. I just don't see the same results. It contains most of God's Word, but is missing some. The New KJV likewise makes changes and deletions that drop it's value in my estimation. Read my next post to Wabigoon for an example.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Now we can ask about Believing, and accepting the Offer?

Again, go back and follow my advice.
Please write this down so its easy to remember.

Starting with the KJV John 1 underline the word BELIEVE AND EVERY FORM OF THE WORD. Emphasis added.
This include believes, believeth, believing, believed...

When you are done tonight, count how many you underlined. Write that number at the top or bottom of the page. Tomorrow, do the same with chapter 2.
Continue all the way through chapter 21.
That should take only 3 weeks if you read just one chapter per day.
Then Private Message with your answer.
I'll check it for you.
This will result in a true blessing that will boost your faith.

Any questions?

Blessings,

Happy Camper

Note: This only works with the old Authorized KIng James Bible. The NKJV and others drop some words and you'll get a different number.
[I recommend the KJV for its accuracy, power and for how the Holy Spirit uses it to help me to understand.
I have used the NAS I don't know how much. I just don't see the same results. It contains most of God's Word, but is missing some. The New KJV likewise makes changes and deletions that drop it's value in my estimation. Read my next post to Wabigoon for an example.

I was about thirty when I came to the Lord. The King James was foreign to me. When I got home from work I would read for about five hours every day. I had ten different translations and a Bible dictionary. Eventually I narrowed it down to the New American Standard, New King James, and the King James in that order. I had a friend who seriously told me, "The King James Bible exceeds the accuracy of the original languages." Do you accept that?
Posted By: Gus Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
[I recommend the KJV for its accuracy, power and for how the Holy Spirit uses it to help me to understand.

I was about thirty when I came to the Lord. The King James was foreign to me. When I got home from work I would read for about five hours every day. I had ten different translations and a Bible dictionary. Eventually I narrowed it down to the New American Standard, New King James, and the King James in that order. I had a friend who seriously told me, "The King James Bible exceeds the accuracy of the original languages." Do you accept that?

say what?

i like the king james version.

what is the oldest testament on the urth?

where is the original copy of the five "books" of the old testament?

i'm ready to learn a bit more, without having to take things on faith,as a baptist.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
What do you think, is there still "time" for departed family members to be Saved?

Only possible Biblical support for such a thing that I know of is 1 Corinthians 15:29.....

"Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them"?

The context of the entire chapter is teaching on the resurrection.....both of Jesus and in time believers.

What the little nugget in the 29th verse means I don't know.

No. The KJ has inaccuracies such as Though shalt not kill and thou shalt not tell a lie.

HE had His people kill. Should be, dont commit murder, and Dont bear false witness against thy neighbor. Glaring mistakes in translation that add to HIS word.
Posted By: add Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The carnal man doesn't want to believe. Spiritual matters are Spiritually discerned. The Holy Spirit must soften the heart so it may respond. This is how we should pray for others.

Good show, Ol' Chap!
Posted By: CCCC Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
Have never understood why one would/should pray for the deceased, and it always grabs my attention and causes me to think for a few seconds when someone says they pray for a dead person,

😄. I'm not laughing at you. You just caught me off guard with your friends statement.

I praise the Lord for your diligence in reading the Bible. That's awesome!

I think we all tend to read what we are familiar with or recommended by our pastors. Then, a few of use dig into Bible apologetics or history.
I started out with a topical search.
I was a hard core evolutionist that had to come to terms with whether or not the Bible was God's true word. I settled the issue that He created everything and the O.T. was just as accurate as the verses that told me how to be saved through Christ alone.
Then I studied the topic of preservation of God's Word.
Psalm 12:6 is one that comes to mind.

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Wow! How pure are His Words?
Purified 7 times!!!
Who is the one who keeps them that way?
The liberal higher critics that don't believe the Bible and reject Christ? No.
The homos on some of the translation committees? No.
The Scribes? God certainly used OT scribes, but my faith is in the power of Almighty God to do as He promises!!!
"Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
We have a new common language on earth.
I believe God kept that promise even in an english translation. I believe there must be one that is correct since all of them are different.
I don't have time tonight to get into the many reasons that I believe that it is given to us in the KJV. However, Id like to share with you this documentary on the subject. There's more to answer your questions if you want AFTER carefully and PRAYERFULLY watching this. I'll post it below.

The answer to kill= murder is an easy answer I'm too tired to address now. False translation? Not!

Almost forgot. Your friend is probably a follower of a small "baptist" group that follows a man who teaches what he said. That's the only group I know that does. Other baptists reject his teaching that the English is REinspired or corrects the Greek and Hebrew. Im drawing a blank on the name because its late,.....Ruckman. The Ruckmanites.

Good night kind souls I need to sleep, may the Lord be with you till we meet again.
God doesn't normally change his own rules. He chose the point of death to be the dividing line.

Ya know those people that go to church for 74 years and just sit there and lollygag?
Posted By: TF49 Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Time is one of God's creations. God is able to see all time - past, present and future in His now.
So a prayer said now can affect any time, past, present or future. Praying is never a waste of time. Even if things don't turn out as you wish.

I agree with this. As has been stated, He is the Creator of time. He is not bound by it and ......He is Omniscient.

Omniscient, Loving and not bound by time......

This is difficult for me to grasp and I cannot even speculate on the ramifications.

Ya know those people that go to church for 74 years and just sit there and lollygag?

"Lollygag"? O my God, it is worst than I thought.
Happy_Camper,

Your movie constantly tells me the King James Bible is more accurate than ALL other Bibles. I don't accept that for a second. I am convinced beyond any doubt the New American Standard is more accurate. At the same time I am convinced anyone who uses any Bible searching for God will come to Christ. God is able to use what they have. I am reminded of a Russian who found a Bible stuck in the wall of his barn. After reading it he turned to Jesus with an open and full heart. He never heard of a King James Bible.
I was taught to only pray for the living. It's too late for the dead.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

I have use language you old morons understand.

If you’ve sat in a pew for 74 years and think you can still pray people out of everlasting damnation, you’ve obviously not been listening or reading. Just been sitting there staring off into space, parrot tonguing, popping your dentures, doodling through a crossword puzzle? Thinking about green bean casserole?

All things are possible, but all things are not gonna happen. Read your Bible. Are you trolling or asking a real question?
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

I have use language you old morons understand.
hahahhahahha

If you’ve sat in a pew for 74 years and think you can still pray people out of everlasting damnation, you’ve obviously not been listening or reading. Just been sitting there staring off into space, parrot tonguing, popping your dentures, doodling through a crossword puzzle? Thinking about green bean casserole?
...lollygaggin'

lmao
Posted By: barm Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20

Pray for them.
Happy_Camper,

Your movie constantly tells me the King James Bible is more accurate than ALL other Bibles. I don't accept that for a second. I am convinced beyond any doubt the New American Standard is more accurate. At the same time I am convinced anyone who uses any Bible searching for God will come to Christ. God is able to use what they have. I am reminded of a Russian who found a Bible stuck in the wall of his barn. After reading it he turned to Jesus with an open and full heart. He never heard of a King James Bible.

Recon God could use the Tao Te Ching, or would that not be on your approved list?
Posted By: LouisB Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
What about what is said about it in that C&W song?

Are we talking downright scoundrel, not in the church 3 days a week, not a believing religious type?

I'm almost sure in this group we can cut some pretty fine and coarse divisions of the requirements.
If I read it correctly it was survivors "praying" for the departed, does that make a significant difference?
This oughta b an interesting thread to follow
Matters not others opinions, do as you believe.
I don't know how any of this stuff works but there have been some interesting cases of people remembering things from "past lives" that are sometimes surprisingly accurate.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I don't know how any of this stuff works but there have been some interesting cases of people remembering things from "past lives" that are sometimes surprisingly accurate.

Demons have memories. They can and do communicate with the living.
Posted By: jwall Re: PrayingFor Dead Loved Ones? - 09/20/20
NO ! It’s too late for the dead. Pray for the living

“Today is the day of Salvation”

Read Like 16:

The rich man did NOT ask ,Why Am I Here

In my opinion the answer is yes, your prayers will help. I'm no religious scholar and I don't want to start a debate but Orthodox believe that you should pray and venerate the grave everyday for the first 40 days because the dead are still passing over and our prayers will help them. Some Catholics believe this way too. 40 days has significance in the bible in a few circumstances, (like Lent for example) so maybe they are correct. Keep in mind that the Orthodox religion was started in the year 33 AD by the same men that walked this earth with Christ himself, which is why I am inclined to believe them. ALL other religions started way later, which to me gives them less credit so to speak, and in my opinion only.

Also, in my opinion, if you have lost someone, why not pray? Praying is never a waste of time. It may help them and it may help you, but I can't imagine that it would ever hurt a thing.

I hope this helps you in some way.
bob

"orthodox" who ?

Orthodox Jew,

Orthodox Catholic,

Orthodox..... Greek Orthodox

Orthodox...... ? ?
Originally Posted by jwall
bob

"orthodox" who ?

Orthodox Jew,

Orthodox Catholic,

Orthodox..... Greek Orthodox

Orthodox...... ? ?

Sorry, I should have specified. I was referring to Serbian Orthodox. From what I have been told, it is closest to Macedonian Orthodox.
Bob, my only point IS, all orthodox don't believe the same things.
I understand... My only point to the OP was similar in that all religions believe a little different and one of the oldest Christian religions believes that it can absolutely make a difference, so why not pray, it sure can't hurt.
King James was a homosuck-shual. Find out who was buried next to him. It wasn't a wife. I don't care about that because I think God had his hand on that translation job. King James wanted to have control over folks as their king through the official church, but God was their King. I don't think it hurts to pray for the dead. It is certainly some folks' way to peace following a family or friend's death. Be Well, RZ.
Happy_Camper,

There were accurate Bibles long before the NAS.
One was the KJV. Before the KJV there were accurate Bibles.

The constant reminders by the "translation"/paraphrase committees tell us in how many places how "in the original autographs" the last chapter of Mark stops here....or i"in the Greek, it REALLY says"....
This shows us by their own statements that they don't even believe that God's Word is without error.

I've had parallel Bibles and I have an NAS.
I think that people can get saved by many different versions. Go back and read that again. I've used gospel tracts that had the clear gospel, even though they were not KJV. As long as those gospel verses were correct, I passed them out. A Russian Bible would likely contain the gospel that doesn't mean that I think all bible versions are God's inerrant Word that He preserved.

The attacks over the past 50 + years began as attacks by lost higher critics against the King James Bible, who were trying to sell their own Bibles. There's a new version coming out of the closet every month to make someone a millionaire. However.....what were the promised curses at the very end of the KJV?

The movie gives a brief, yet accurate history of the N.T. and is admittedly one of the few defenses of the Word of God in our language. I've heard so many attacks from the many promoters of every popular paraphrase that it's an insult to the congregation's intelligence. I've attended an evangelical church for years and recently found copies of the Living "bible" in the way into the auditorium for crying out loud.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Happy_Camper,

Recon God could use the Tao Te Ching, or would that not be on your approved list?

It's not on GOD'S approved list.
it might help if you send cash to my missions ministry along with those prayers.
New Translations must come at least every few centuries because the language that we speak changes over times and new words are added, some taken away, and some change their meanings.

Try reading a 14th century english Bible.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Happy_Camper,

It's not on GOD'S approved list.

Does he speak to you? Where is this so called list?
© 24hourcampfire