Home
Posted By: persiandog colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
i have colonoscopy scheduled next week , any advice is greatly appreciated. I'll post picture later.(may be video smile )
Posted By: fgold767 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Have a nice nap! You won't enjoy the prep though......
Posted By: persiandog Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
liberal colon :

Posted By: Springcove Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
I went on a juice fast for 3 days before the prep. It really wasn’t that bad. The stuff they make you drink taste awful even mixed with a sports drink. Glad I don’t have to go back for 5 years.
Posted By: Borealis Bob Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Don't stray to far from the crapper. Have a goid magazine or two in the "library. "

Plan on treating yourself to a great meal afterwards; it is the only thing to look forward to.

Don't tip the nurses if they laugh.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
I took mira lax in gatorade for prep. After everything was all said and don I hadn't eaten in about 40 hours. I had such a migraine. When the put the needle in you watch out if the smack where they are going to insert it.It will hurt. The good ones do so easily you don't even know they put it in. I hope everything goes well.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Day prior sucked but the drugs were good.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
The guys are right. The prep is the bad part. You won't remember anything about the procedure. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Sent you a private message.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Photos or it didn't happen smile
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
The prep is not as bad as it used to be. I've had four now and each prep was different. I have my last one set for next year. Not dreading it.

Follow the instructions - the worst thing would be to find out you weren't emptied out enough and had to do it all again. Then relax. There's nothing the staff hasn't seen before, and they won't remember you at all. It will be odd when they cheer and applaud you for farting massively afterwards, but they will. Enjoy the fun.

Best wishes and may they find nothing in there.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by persiandog
i have colonoscopy scheduled next week , any advice is greatly appreciated. I'll post picture later.(may be video smile )

Don't discuss your azzhole on the internet.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Prep sucks...

Doc told me no food day before... ONLY CLEAR LIQUIDS.

I joked about beer...

He said... "Sure, but make it Coors light."

--------------------

Prep on Coors Light SUCKS!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
I have them every 3-5 years. The hospital that does mine has some really cute nurses in the surgery department. Every time I have one, I always tell my wife that I think I'm going to grope me a feel of one of them when I'm waking up.

Then, she always reminds me who it is that has the car keys and will have to drive me home.

She always seems to bust my bubble every chance she gets.............lol.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Don't discuss your azzhole on the internet.

Some "men" just find it hard to not let others know when they're about to have something shoved up their ass....
Posted By: auk1124 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
If you wake up in post-op and the nurses are all laughing hysterically and pointing at you, it probably just means that your hair is messed up or something. Probably has nothing to do with the size of your anus.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/20/20
Not as bad as they used to be. Unfortunately, last time I had one I woke up in the middle of the procedure. I guess they were a little light on the anesthesia. It was a bit uncomfortable till they got me back under. Certainly a necessary evil.
Posted By: CCCC Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Very good that you are having this done. If your doc is having you ingest the latest clean-out stuff, the prep will not be as difficult to bear as were earlier modes. The procedure itself is not bothersome - you will awaken not remembering what went on.

I wish you the very best "no problems" report.
Posted By: slumlord Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
A trip to Arby’s is just as good as the ‘show prep’
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Hope everything comes out alright.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I go in the morning for the finger poke.

After 5 years of blood tests we finally stopped it every year.

Sometimes they seem to do stuff because you have insurance.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
You won't remember a thing - the worst part is starving yourself and sh_tting yourself for the 24 hour before hand.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I go in the morning for the finger poke.

After 5 years of blood tests we finally stopped it every year.

Sometimes they seem to do stuff because you have insurance.

That's a prostate exam...totally different.
I do the Miralax-Gatorade chug. Like others have mentioned, don't stray far from the turlet. When you get the urge, it comes out quick and no cheek clenching helps. I had one last year and they found a large polyp so I had to go back this year. I was clean this year so I'm good for three years.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
What a pain in the azz.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Just less prep and it's over faster and you know when it happens. grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Just do it. Early detection beats a lot of what can happen if you have cancer.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
did one of those pooper scooper smear test, came back positive so got to get the snake now.
Posted By: Morewood Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

WTF? If my wife videotaped my colonoscopy farts while passed out and posted them on youboob I'd be pissed.

Ain't right. Payback time.
Posted By: 673 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Its a red flag if the doc asks if he can buy you a drink.
Posted By: Terryk Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I was pretty amazed that the knock out drug was so quick, and then after the event, there was no grogginess. Like a light switch.
Posted By: persiandog Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by 673

that's him

Posted By: TrueGrit Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
The prep was worst part followed by having to wait for the results. Eating jello, beef and chicken bouillon for the last two days really hurt my energy level. I had some problems and was told not to eat any solid foods for 3 days after my colonoscopy, that hurt bad. I was very impressed with the picture quality. You definitely do some farting but they don't stink.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I've had the unpleasant experience of a "flexible sigmoidoscopy". A shorter look up the guts. Same prep no drugs. Wide awake. Hurt like hell. Told that doc when it was over that he would never see my ass or any other part of me again. Money grubbing fugga.

That was in the early 90's, done 5 colonoscopy's since then. They cut out polyps every time, nothing cancerous yet.

If I have the choice I get the prescription foul tasting sea water prep over the stuff you just buy otc. The otc stuff keeps me awake all night with the urge to chit some more where the prescription stuff is all over with about 10:00 and I can sleep some before the procedure.

My father had colon cancer, I'll gladly do the screening/polyp nipping.
Posted By: spencer516 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Ask for anesthesiologist or CRNA for anesthesia. They can use propafal. If nurses give sedation you get versed and will be groggy the rest of the day. With propafal, you wake up and ready to go.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
https://vimeo.com/172951856
Ice your prep in a champagne bucket type thing. It goes down a lot easier when it's ice cold. It's really not that bad anymore. And yes, Propofol is like magic...unless you're Michael Jackson.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

My wife did that too.
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Prep wasn't awful. By the time you're done, it literally looks like piss coming out of your butt.
I had mine done about a month ago fully awake because there was no-one to give me a ride afterwards should I have been sedated besides my soon-to-be ex-wife. No way in hell I was going to be around her talking out of my head.
It sucked. Doc ended up switching to a pediatric scope, said I had the most difficult colon he'd ever seen. That plus some severe leg cramps due to dehydration that lasted about 15 minutes during the procedure made it a a special experience for me.
15 minutes later I walked out the front door, said fugg it and closed my mind on the experience. Went to get some chow and had a normal day afterwards.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by 673

Would that be the same doctor that gives a prostrate exam with both his hands on the patient's shoulders?
Posted By: Dutch Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Aloe Vera wipes. You’ll thank me later.
Posted By: usull Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
There are different Preps with different flavors . I just pick one with a flavor I like . The taste is not bad for me . Different Preps also produce different results . My first Prep produced 16 Bathroom Trips . After that I asked the Dr. for something different . My experience is like Bobmars : that is waking up during one of the Procedures ( I think that was my 2nd or 3rd Colo . ) ........not much fun ! Because of all the hoopla over Drugs and also side-effects of using Meds like Demerol , Doctors tend to use a minimum Dose during Anesthesia . After that , I told the Dr. to inform the Anesthesiologist that I did not want to wake up until the Procedure was OVER . Last one went well . But if you think Colonoscopy Pain is bad , try getting a Heart Ablation and waking up During that Procedure while they are Burning out Nodes in your Heart . I was definitely not a happy Camper during that Procedure ...... felt like I was being Branded across the whole upper part of my Chest . When the Surgeon said ; " I'm almost done " , I think I must have used some choice words , so they put me under again while he finished .
Posted By: crc1514 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by Dutch

I can’t believe it took 5 pages before someone mentioned wipes. My advice is to use wet wipes from the start of prep. By the time your butthole starts hurting from using tp 27 times in 4 hours it’ll be too late.
If it beats cancer, it worth it!
Posted By: smarquez Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by auk1124
If you wake up in post-op and the nurses are all laughing hysterically and pointing at you, it probably just means that your hair is messed up or something. Probably has nothing to do with the size of your anus.

Or the length and tone of the farts you bust while you are coming out of the tranquilizer.
Posted By: stantdm Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Mine went easy. The prep was tolerable except it was called "Golytely" and the person who named it that ought to be hit in the mouth.
Posted By: dassa Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20

Don't get more than 15 feet from a toilet.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
My wife went in and could hear over the curtain at the next case, where a woman was being told she had not followed the prep procedures, she would have to be rescheduled, and insurance would not pay for this visit.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by 673

Would that be the same doctor that gives a prostrate exam with both his hands on the patient's shoulders?

my doctor told me she doesn't do the finger thing anymore , just the blood test.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
You will understand the true meaning of evacuation. And I'm not talking about any fire drill. smile

As was said before, you won't feel a thing.
Posted By: EdM Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Pretty not much of anything. I delayed to 55, my wife does all of her "stuff" per clockwork. I am on a 5 year schedule after my first and found the pre-work a cleansing of sorts. Simply a non-issue for me in the future. Now the vasectomy was another story that welcomed our youngest son (8 and 9 years after his brothers) Tony, a serious miss that would have been as he has been a joy. I did not enjoy that procedure. We, I and the two Doc's, learned that I needed an azzload of anesthesia. Three tries...
Posted By: Fubarski Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
People get all wound up, bout a self portrait.
Posted By: Crusader Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I've had 5 of them in the last 20 years (I'm higher risk as Dad had colon cancer). It's really not that bad. And as said above, beats being surprised by colon cancer someday!
Posted By: Hubert Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I am not getting anymore of them.. I would not have surgery even if I had colon cancer so it would be stupid to have the procedure done.., I will accept whatever comes my way.. I have lived long enough. so as long as they have morphine to give me I am ok with it. I had an out of body experience and have a good idea of what to look forward to.. it is not as bad as everyone thinks, thanks GOD.
I had mine a while back, it's all behind me now.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Frankly, I find the fasting worse than the Bazooka Butt. Dinner one night, then a full day of fasting and power wash, then another night, and then half a day in the clinic before I get to eat again. That's something like 40+ hours of starvation. Gator-Ade gets old after a very short while.
Posted By: fester Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
They suck!

I had one about 6 years ago.....

The prep pooping sucks

I need another one here..... cancer runs in my family
Originally Posted by fester
They suck!

I had one about 6 years ago.....

The prep pooping sucks

I need another one here..... cancer runs in my family

it takes 3 to 5 years for a polyp to become cancerous , this is preventable .
Posted By: mjs3240 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Have your wife get a sharpie and write "exit only" on your backside with an arrow pointing to your anus. Also write "danger explosive gas may be present".
Posted By: mrchongo Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

The proper use of fentanyl.
I wished the crew, "Good Night", when I felt the warmth. laugh
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
When i had my last one, when they brought me in the room their was like 7 people, all looking at me.

I told them my butt wasn't that big cuz I'm not a big guy and that I surrender. Bunch of interns but it made them comfortable.
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

The proper use of fentanyl.

Its propofol, same crap MJ OD’d on.

Suprep is the best in my opinion. It acts very quickly and only lasts for about 1hr, as well its only 12oz I think. Moviprep is the worst, it lasts for hours, and I think you need to drink like 1/2 gal for each intake.

No more farting, at least at my doc’s... they started using Co2, the body absorbs it versus the oxygen they used to pump you with that had to be passed.

I have a digestive disease and have had a bunch of them, last one was just 2 weeks ago. Its nothing, as stated the fasting is the worst. Speaking of which, get beef/chicken/veg broth and heat it up and drink it all rapidly. The warmth in your gut with the amount of fluid makes you feel full, but only for a short time. Its relief though.

PS - dont make the mistake of rewarding yourself with a large meal post procedure. Your hole will be sore, and what goes in must come out.

One other piece of advise. Wear depends on your ride there. If you follow the directions you’ll be clean.... but clear fluid will still be coming out and your stomach will be upset.
Originally Posted by Hubert
I am not getting anymore of them.. I would not have surgery even if I had colon cancer so it would be stupid to have the procedure done.., I will accept whatever comes my way.. I have lived long enough. so as long as they have morphine to give me I am ok with it. I had an out of body experience and have a good idea of what to look forward to.. it is not as bad as everyone thinks, thanks GOD.
Death due to a closed colon due to a tumor isn't a fun way to go.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I have one the end of October. I consider myself a 51 year old virgin.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20
I've had a couple. hopefully I will never have another. The procedure is not bad at all (your OUT) Drinking all the Cra* and the resulting diarrhea is no dang fun at all. No food as well. A full system flush...
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/21/20

Brung flowers and chocolates for the MD!😁
Posted By: RKJ Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by 673

And tells you "You might feel a little prick"
Posted By: Hubert Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Hubert
Death due to a closed colon due to a tumor isn't a fun way to go.

I will die of something else before then..
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/22/20
What you want to do is a type of meditation technique. Just let your mind wander, let your mind drift right out of that room,
and think of something pleasant. You might want to think of your favorite movie scene:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by crc1514
Originally Posted by Dutch

I can’t believe it took 5 pages before someone mentioned wipes. My advice is to use wet wipes from the start of prep. By the time your butthole starts hurting from using tp 27 times in 4 hours it’ll be too late.

Undser-seat bidet attachment FTW.
Posted By: persiandog Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/23/20
this image was posted in the wrong thread

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: BayouRover Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/23/20
this image was posted in the wrong thread

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Not necessarily in your case............. it seems appropriate for you.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The prep is not as bad as it used to be. I've had four now and each prep was different. I have my last one set for next year. Not dreading it.

Follow the instructions - the worst thing would be to find out you weren't emptied out enough and had to do it all again. Then relax. There's nothing the staff hasn't seen before, and they won't remember you at all. It will be odd when they cheer and applaud you for farting massively afterwards, but they will. Enjoy the fun.

Best wishes and may they find nothing in there.

To avoid this problem of not adequately clearing out the colon, start the prep 4-6 hours before they instruct you to. If you are “cleaned out” by midnight rather than wondering about it at 7am the morning of the procedure, so much the better, not?

There is some variation in how fast these preps work in individuals.
Posted By: persiandog Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/24/20
Everything was fine. They removed a few polyps
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/24/20
Everything was fine. They removed a few polyps

Good to hear!
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/24/20
Keep an eye out for infection.
They probably didn't tell you that it's common practice to reuse those on many patients before they're disposed of.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: colonoscopy next week - 09/24/20
Starts at 2:45 minutes.

© 24hourcampfire