Home
Posted By: stxhunter Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
10m ·

My decision regarding a Supreme Court nomination is not the result of a subjective test of ‘fairness’ which, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. It is based on the immutable fairness of following the law, which in this case is the Constitution and precedent. The historical precedent of election year nominations is that the Senate generally does not confirm an opposing party’s nominee but does confirm a nominee of its own.

The Constitution gives the President the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on Supreme Court nominees. Accordingly, I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the President’s nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
MAGA!!!
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Must be what a Lisa Graham meant when she said “we have the votes”
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
That’s surprising
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Seems like McConnell could sway Rinos on the fence with removal from committees.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by Mac84
That’s surprising

Very surprising.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/1...-in-less-than-45-days-including-ginsburg
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Think Mitt is worried about his next election?
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Think Mitt is worried about his next election?

Not this early in the game.

He won’t be up for re-election until 2024.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with his religious beliefs, even a dick head like Romney can see that the left is totally anti religion, cept of course Islam.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
If Romney fails to vote for a pro-life judge the LDS church needs to excommunicate his sorry ass.
Posted By: sse Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
his niece probably slapped him around
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.
Watch out for this one. He might consider anyone more conservative than AOC to be unqualified.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
That’s surprising

Threats of financially supporting a chickenchitts next political opponent moves mountains.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
10m ·

My decision regarding a Supreme Court nomination is not the result of a subjective test of ‘fairness’ which, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. It is based on the immutable fairness of following the law, which in this case is the Constitution and precedent. The historical precedent of election year nominations is that the Senate generally does not confirm an opposing party’s nominee but does confirm a nominee of its own.

The Constitution gives the President the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on Supreme Court nominees. Accordingly, I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the President’s nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.

Like he was the ONLY republican who voted to impeach Trump, in the senate vote?

I don't trust him any further than I could throw him.
Posted By: hatari Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
That’s surprising

What an understatement.

To say I'm surprised is another understatement. That does not mean this leopard has changed his spots, though. He is still the living embodiment of RINO.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Lets wait until the votes are in
I do not trust Mitts at all!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Yes, that last sentence about qualifications is the hidden trick. He can vote "No" and claim he fulfilled his promise. Don't be surprised if that's exactly what transpires.
Posted By: Partagas Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Guessing promised immunity should his China or was it Ukraine dealings with Hunter Biden come out or promised that they wouldn't come out?
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
That’s surprising

Senator Mitt Romney is a Moderate who has a record of voting with Trump about 75-80 percent of the time. Whatever he votes this time will keep him in the news.
Posted By: deltakid Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
The comment about excommunication got me - if that is a possibility, and the churches really cared about their dogma, why have Pelosi and a whole bunch of other Catholics not been excommunicated for their stand on abortion? I do not think that the churches care, as long as they get their slice of the pie, whatever it may be.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by deltakid
The comment about excommunication got me - if that is a possibility, and the churches really cared about their dogma, why have Pelosi and a whole bunch of other Catholics not been excommunicated for their stand on abortion? I do not think that the churches care, as long as they get their slice of the pie, whatever it may be.
Don't group all churches together like that. There are plenty of churches that DO care.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Another one worried about Epsteins flight logs.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
I think McConnel quietly told him there was a broom closet in the basement that would be a good office for a senator without any committee assignments...
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yes, that last sentence about qualifications is the hidden trick. He can vote "No" and claim he fulfilled his promise. Don't be surprised if that's exactly what transpires.

That was my initial impression, but the fact is she was confirmed by the Senate previously as an Appeals Judge so there is that...
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
I wouldn't trust Mittens in the schidthouse with a muzzle on, but there have probably been some threats made privately if he doesn't toe the line. He's the classic example of a politician whose favorite color is "plaid"!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Possibly for once the Reps got smart and ponied up more money.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
However he votes he still needs to be voted out at the end of his term.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
When ever I see, or hear Mitts...my mind flashes to that McCain Moment of the thumbs down on the Senate floor on the repeal of O'Care. Over the top stagecraft, and it's in Mitts DNA.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Stxhunter: It seems "mittens" has been hit with an appropriate dose of "reality"!
I would not trust that low life son of a bitch any further than I could throw him.
He is on his last term as Senator from Utah - I would surmise.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
You could knock me over with a feather. I thought for sure Mittens would oppose the vote.
He loves being in the limelight.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I think McConnel quietly told him there was a broom closet in the basement that would be a good office for a senator without any committee assignments...

Yep.
Posted By: dassa Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
I wonder if the anger in Utah over his impeachment vote has turned on a light in that thick skull.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by deltakid

She probably thinks piety is something they sell in a truck stop.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Dude talks outta both sides of his mouth. I'll believe when I see it.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
He has only said he will vote. Not how he'll vote. He voted for impeachment when he damn well knew Trump wasn't in the wrong. He donates millions to the Utah church. They will not excommunicate him ever.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Dude talks outta both sides of his mouth. I'll believe when I see it.

Yep. POS will vote..... with the Commie DemoRats.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Apparently his hate for Donald Trump doesn’t run so deep that he is willing to risk an election defeat. Politics will do that to the spineless!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Posted By: add Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by Hastings
He has only said he will vote. Not how he'll vote. He voted for impeachment when he damn well knew Trump wasn't in the wrong. He donates millions to the Utah church. They will not excommunicate him ever.

Yep - the guy is full on reptile.
Posted By: tzone Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
No schit eh? Surprising.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Good time hear, but to be picky precedent is bullschit jmho. He's the current president and there's an opening. No other argument is required.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20

good ole Mittens.......... cry

https://www.ksl.com/article/50020096/mitt-romney-says-he-will-vote-on-trump-supreme-court-nominee
Posted By: pal Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by hatari
...He is still the living embodiment of RINO.

Funny you say that. For the longest time, whenever I see the word "RINO", I swear the mental image of Romney appears instantly.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
That’s surprising

Surprising indeed. I'm guessing that ol' Take-a-Dive Mitt senses his own vulnerability and is taking steps out of self-preservation at playing ball for once.

I doubt the folks in Utah would take very kindly at him squandering a golden opportunity to put a conservative on the SC.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
10m ·

Saying you will vote upon ain't the same as saying you will vote for.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Senator Mitt Romney - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
10m ·

Saying you will vote upon ain't the same as saying you will vote for.

Correct.

Never trust a proven traitor.
© 24hourcampfire