Home
Posted By: Bighorn Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Went trail riding this week out of Silverton. Spectacular views everywhere. This view is from the trail up Kendall Mountain. The San Juans are magnificent mountains.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Nice, I was out there last week and the leaves were just starting to change. Fall was a couple of weeks late this year.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
I miss growing up in NH as a kid. The foliage there was unbeatable in the fall.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Nice!
Posted By: z1r Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Went for a hike the other day on the 103 about 20 minutes outside Evergreen, the scenery was spectacular.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
I wonder if there are any elk in that area of the picture?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Went trail riding this week out of Silverton. Spectacular views everywhere. This view is from the trail up Kendall Mountain. The San Juans are magnificent mountains.

It’s getting time for the annual loop trip from Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Ridgeway, Cortez, Durango.
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Great looking view. I would like to get up to the San Juans next week and catch the fall colors.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Originally Posted by Jim1611

We had a cow moose hanging out right behind our cabin!
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Originally Posted by Jim1611

We had a cow moose hanging out right behind our cabin!

Quartered or whole?😁
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Cool. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: hanco Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/23/20
Beautiful up there!
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Autumn in Idaho. Unfortunately the air has been on the murky side the last three days we've been here, probably due to all the fires in the PNW and Colorado. When we get home she'll see if Photoshop can dress all the photos up. We have a ton of them.

Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
To me, CO is the most beautiful state in the lower 48................Glendwood Canyon is beyond description beautiful & one of my favorite places or Urth.

MM
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
To me, CO is the most beautiful state in the lower 48................Glendwood Canyon is beyond description beautiful & one of my favorite places or Urth.

MM

Perhaps, but the F'n Marxists have ruined CO. Hell, the Marxists are ruining all of America.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Yep, you're right, & that's exactly why I don't go there any more for anything.

But it's still a beautiful place.

MM
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Pretty for sure, but I will take the fall foliage in this part of the country. About late October, the drive from N.C. to southwest Pa. is stunning.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
One of the movie lines from Centennial,' To see the unspoiled beauty of Colorado, you've gotta go to Wyoming', or some such.....
No Hunts Colo. is far more beautiful than Wy.. Wish the greenies would realize than and stay home..
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Nice pics fellows! They make me want to go out West.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Perhaps, but the F'n Marxists have ruined CO. Hell, the Marxists are ruining all of America.

I have shared both of your thoughts.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Autumn in Idaho. Unfortunately the air has been on the murky side the last three days we've been here, probably due to all the fires in the PNW and Colorado. When we get home she'll see if Photoshop can dress all the photos up. We have a ton of them.

Oh, RR. Too cool.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Unreal.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Autumn in Colorado! - 09/24/20
Feels like Fall out here. Raining all day. All the homeless were hunkered down in their wet cardboard.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

It’s getting time for the annual loop trip from Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Ridgeway, Cortez, Durango.

Last time i was there i had a 4x4 bull on pack saddles in Archery season and was coming down to Silverton from the high country on one of Hank Chaffins nags.
© 24hourcampfire