Home

I have much more respect for the Grizzly.......

I'd like to go to WY-ID-MT and shoot every wolf I'd see....

Start in Yellowstone Park.......

Yea tree huggers......go pound sand as the saying goes

https://www.ksl.com/article/50019887/video-grizzly-bear-clashes-with-20-wolves-at-yellowstone
I would much rather shoot wolves plural...
Originally Posted by Springcove
I would much rather shoot wolves plural...

my kinda guy........

hope I never see one on the Manti Range
Grizzly is a better trophy for me, but if a wolf ever crossed my path with a tag in hand he would be coming home with me.
Griz for me. I have done some Kodiak bear hunting and it is a rush that defies description.
wolves, smoke a pack a day!
Ronnie
SSS
Originally Posted by Fireball2
SSS

yep......

no respect........
Grizzlies can go in peace with me, but wolves need removed again, I'd shoot them all same as yotes.

Kent
Why can't I shoot both?
I used to feel that way until I had Grizzlies steal two Elk from me. I say shoot half of them and chase the rest back to Canada!
Originally Posted by krp
Grizzlies can go in peace with me, but wolves need removed again, I'd shoot them all same as yotes.

Kent

this........

just a big coyote
Id love to have a beautiful silvertip.
Shoot some stupid dogs and wait for a big bear to come into the carcass. Best of both worlds.

If I could only shoot one. Make it a dog. One less in this world
Originally Posted by gutthooked
Why can't I shoot both?

That right theres tha problem. Everbody gotta be greedy. wink
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Shoot some stupid dogs and wait for a big bear to come into the carcass. Best of both worlds.

If I could only shoot one. Make it a dog. One less in this world

smart man.......
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Think i have some old 130gr 270's out in the load bench ; ]
Choot griz, pizen wooofs.
. As stated above a wolf is just a big yote. I kill those on sight year around,so I gotta go with a griz.
Been there done that...
Can you skin grizz pilgrim?
I went to Alaska bow hunting grizz. Didn’t get a shot at one but did arrow a wolf. Think that’s pretty rare with a bow.
I’d rather arrow a grizzly.
Originally Posted by dale06
I went to Alaska bow hunting grizz. Didn’t get a shot at one but did arrow a wolf. Think that’s pretty rare with a bow.
I’d rather arrow a grizzly.

I need to hunt with Phil before he retires. smile
Yes
KIlled em both..........
Originally Posted by Fireball2
SSS

A long time practice.....still works in places

I would love to hunt and kill a grizzly.....I’d like to help decimate the entire wolf population! memtb
Originally Posted by FishinHank
KIlled em both..........

Kill some of them big dogs for us !
GRIZZ scare the heck out of me! But, I rather shoot a wolf, big or little.
I've killed 2 wolves, an Interior Grizz and a Kodiak Brown Bear.
So yeah.
I can think of two wolves I'd like to kill. Blitzer and the gov of Pennsylvania.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by FishinHank
KIlled em both..........

Kill some of them big dogs for us !

I shoot wolves on sight if the season is open. They are tough critters, only recovered 2/4. One I understand, misjudged the range (thought it was 650 and it was 710) and hit it low. We tracked it and never found it. The other one I center punched with a 243 to the chest and it went down. Tried getting the one with it and the one I drilled got up and ran off. Never found it, was raining hard and the blood trail disappeared quick. One reason I don't use the 80ttsx anymore.
Originally Posted by Remsen
I can think of two wolves I'd like to kill. Blitzer and the gov of Pennsylvania.

Please feel free to act that out on our wonderful Governor!!!
I saw a video a few years ago of a man in Alaska calling in wolves like calling in coyotes and shooting them with a .17 Remington. I'd like to try that for myself.
For anybody that'd pass on the grizzly, do you live in habitat where they thrive and are protected?

Me I'd smoke a grizzly 10 times outta 10 if given the option.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
For anybody that'd pass on the grizzly, do you live in habitat where they thrive and are protected?

Me I'd smoke a grizzly 10 times outta 10 if given the option.

But they're so cute!
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I saw a video a few years ago of a man in Alaska calling in wolves like calling in coyotes and shooting them with a .17 Remington. I'd like to try that for myself.

Yeah, with a 22-250 and Hornady interlocks or NPs.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yeah bears are so hard to kill.........
Originally Posted by jaguartx

That's the only griz I would shoot by choice. 52 years in Griz/Brown habitat (got 'em in my yard time to time) and I haven't killed one - nor want to except as above.

I want a dark auburn blackie for the wall too. I have shot a few black ones for meat tho.

Done shot a wolf - would again, but I won't walk up on another one until it's completely dead. Watching "the green fire dying in its eyes" as Aldo put it, bothered the hell out of me.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
It is sporty, up to a point. After much experience, I no longer use the .17 Rem - that 25 gr. too often fragments on or near the surface, even when you would swear that the placement was perfect. Shooting them dead is good stuff. Tracking and dispensing of wounded/hobbling ones is not a favorite thing. The .17 is nice and flat for a spell, but 22/250 way superior for me.
Wolf. I have a coastal brown bear. I'm not really interested in another. Wolves OTOH, I can sell to help finance my gun habit.
I’d rather shoot (all) wolves.
A scenario where they are both lined up perfectly and can get them with one shot.
Idaho:
resident wolf tags: $11.50
non-res $31.75

the annual limit on wolves is 15. Yes, it's 15
Honestly, this was a difficult question for me to answer as I have neither and I really thought about it some. However, I finally decided on a wolf... Just to make tree huggers mad
You'll never shoot a legal grizzly in the lower 48. The huggers made legal mistakes and the wolves became game animals. They learned and a griz hunt will never make it beyond the liberal judges.
I know a guy who is quite possibly the best trapper in Alaska.
He was an arial wolf gunner as well.

He sent me a photo of 97 wolf hides tacked to his barn...its freaking amazing.

He asked me to never put it on the internets and I respect his wishes.

i no longer feel any great need to shoot anything i don't want to eat.
Wolf.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

WOLF MEAT RECIPES
Note that most recipes are made from varying amounts of alcohol.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

WOLF MEAT RECIPES
Note that most recipes are made from varying amounts of alcohol.

For sure, i do not need any wolf meat recipes.

Shoot wolves and bears so there will be more of what you want to eat.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho:
resident wolf tags: $11.50
non-res $31.75

the annual limit on wolves is 15. Yes, it's 15

when we going ?
i guess i will just reply with what some others have > S.S.S. and will plead the 5th with a grin !
Wolves east of hwy 120 are like coyotes. Season is 24/7 and 365. No license needed. West of 120 they’re a game animal with quotas, like 2 or 3 per area. Pathetic
Tikkanut: Wolves for me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by tikkanut

https://www.ksl.com/article/50019887/video-grizzly-bear-clashes-with-20-wolves-at-yellowstone

Would prefer shooting all wolves in sheeps’ clothing.
Grizzlies do reproduce as fast a wolves.

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/grizzly-bear-vs-wolves

http://coyotes-wolves-cougars.blogspot.com/2015/12/grizzly-bear-advocate-louisa-wilcox.html

The reproductive rate of Grizzlies is the lowest of any mammal on this Continent
Last time I was in Alaska I was hoping not to have to shoot a grizzly. It would have been to up close and personal. We were in a small clearing with a couple moose kills and trust me it’s an eerie feeling when it starts getting dark. The griz were feeding on the remains at night. Edk
Here, in southern British Columbia, wolves do not, apparently, reproduce as fast as they do in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming because we don't have all that many. Of course, we don't have nearly as many elk and deer either so that may account for it. We do have a fair number of grizzlies and I usually see them while hunting every year. Generally, I don't worry too much about either one. GD
I like seeing them but don't leave your game out overnight. It will be gone in the morning.

I especially enjoy listening to the wolves calling to each other in the dark while hiking into my elk hunting spot. Makes hunting real.
[quote=tikkanut]

------------------------------

I do understand your passion and agree with your sentiment.
OTOH, I'd love to hunt Brown Bear

I'll sum it up.........

I'm purty much tired of the tree hugger's fuggin wolves ganging up on game animals

Killing nearly all the new born........deer..elk......antelope......what ever they can kill.......

Not to mention adult game animals...

Kill all them SOB's
Neither one
© 24hourcampfire