Home
California Banning Sales of Gas Autos

The progressive fascists are insane. They want to control every aspect of our lives. Using the unproven Global Warming theory as justification. The envio-mentally ill at work.

How are they going to stop people from buying new used cars out of state? Like a business that adds just enough miles to make a new car be “used”.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
California will halt sales of new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks by 2035, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday, a move he says will cut greenhouse gas emissions by 35% in the nation’s most populous state.

The proposed rule would not ban people from owning gas-powered cars or selling them on the used car market. But it would end the sales of all new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks in the state of nearly 40 million people.
So where are they going to get the energy to charge the cars?
Originally Posted by baldhunter

They'll have to keep the toasters unplugged longer. No big deal, nothing to see.
So cross a border and buy one.
Might not be able to register it here if one does that.

Or, if you move here, you may be able to register it here, but not sell it here, if it has one of those "Not for sale in CA" stickers under the hood.
Glad I got to see the sequoias when we visited CA for a wedding in 2013. I do not anticipate returning to that ‘tard fest anytime soon.
I can't wait to read the EO tomorrow...

Can someone head to Reno and buy a SUV and bring it back to Cali? Has anyone done the analysis on the loss of tax revenue when car sales plummet in 2035? Where is the money coming from to build the EVSE's the electric vehicles need?

Cali............. is a CHIT SHOW.

I grew up there, left as soon as I could. Good people up north, and the most beautiful state in the US...

But, a complete disaster.
Fugging morons
Originally Posted by duck911
I can't wait to read the EO tomorrow...

Can someone head to Reno and buy a SUV and bring it back to Cali? Has anyone done the analysis on the loss of tax revenue when car sales plummet in 2035? Where is the money coming from to build the EVSE's the electric vehicles need?

Cali............. is a CHIT SHOW.

I grew up there, left as soon as I could. Good people up north, and the most beautiful state in the US...

But, a complete disaster.

I believe if it is a "50 State vehicle" one can do that. otherwise one is pushing the limits and best find out beforehand about registering it here.
so does that mean that cars won't have to pass CA emission standards any more?

I doubt if I'll be around in 2035....
Kali will just refuse to register any gas/diesel car manufactured after 2035
Scarier version is Newsom President and AOC his VP before 2035

😎
Originally Posted by hatari
Kali will just refuse to register any gas/diesel car manufactured after 2035

Originally Posted by Beaver10
Scarier version is Newsom President and AOC his VP before 2035

😎

Both situations are not entirely unlikely.
I could get Newsome-Cuomo elected. I'd have Newsome talk ultra moderate, a la Bill Clinton. "I don't want your guns and taxing a few bucks more on the rich won't solve our nations problems. Vote for me and the good times will roll on, and the heated rhetoric will stop. I can reach out to the other side and work together and we will peaceful once again".

Doesn't matter that all that is a lie. Just say it and keep saying it and Newsome is your next President.
The value of my POS truck just jumped
Thousands of tons of smoke, ash, and particulates spewing out of the annual forest fires in this once beautiful state and this commie moron is worried about car emissions.
Originally Posted by FishinHank
The value of my POS truck just jumped

I was just thinking the same Hank.

Need to jump on another cherry 7.3 asap and put it on ice.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Thousands of tons of smoke, ash, and particulates spewing out of the annual forest fires in this once beautiful state and this commie moron is worried about car emissions.

No schidt.

I had a solid inch of ash on my truck windows last week.
I could get Newsome-Cuomo elected. I'd have Newsome talk ultra moderate, a la Bill Clinton. "I don't want your guns and taxing a few bucks more on the rich won't solve our nations problems. Vote for me and the good times will roll on, and the heated rhetoric will stop. I can reach out to the other side and work together and we will peaceful once again".

Doesn't matter that all that is alive. Just say it and keep saying it and Newsome is your next President.

The media will assist you in your quest.

And I'm guessing you meant "all that is a lie". (friggen auto correct or voice to text??)
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F*cking B*stard Marxists.
Like^^^
Originally Posted by slumlord

Like^^^
Gonna put a Repeal Gavin Newsome sign in my yard tomorrow.

Hope they try and steal it.

Please tell me that's Henry's roofing tar. That schit gets everywhere.

lol
Lowly bearing grease.

Sorry to disappoint.
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by slumlord

Like^^^

Viva Cuba

😎
Have grease gun will travel. You devious deplorable.

I like it. *knucklepunch*
Lowly bearing grease.

Sorry to disappoint.

If you had used NeverSeize it would be all over your neighborhood by now.

Some might have even reached The Modoc already.

That stuff, and Permatex #2 always seemed to magically fly around when I opened the tube/jar.

Axle grease is easy to deal with.
Its a BS morality play.

Only the Federal Government can ban gasoline cars from being sold.
Gosh oh golly, California must suck! laugh
I think it's to keep the citizens from leaving the state. If all you've got is 200 miles range in your EV, it's hard to leave a state that large. You'd have to stop and recharge your scooter/car. If they can't leave, they've still got a tax base, sorta.

CA has lost its collective mind, at least the urban CA has, anyway.
The used car market in the US will go straight to Cali and fuqk it up for the rest of us.
Been bitching about it to all that will listen for decades Mag, don't buy, don't look at, don't discuss, don't research online, don't read brochures, don't listen to a salesmans line of bullshlt about ANYTHING gay-ass crossbred/eco co-exist multi fuel, cylinder killing, batt powered bull fu-kingshlt vehicle, it's a slippery slope to control, don't be a dumbass....................................but fu-k, what does a redneck okie cowman know, or can see coming?, not a fu-king thing I guess.

I drug the biggest net I could drag, just couldn't catch all the lemmings!
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I think it's to keep the citizens from leaving the state. If all you've got is 200 miles range in your EV, it's hard to leave a state that large. You'd have to stop and recharge your scooter/car. If they can't leave, they've still got a tax base, sorta.

It should make for some interesting times when the battery gives out halfway between Barstow and Needles heading east on I-40 and it's 120 degrees outside.
by 2035 , the idea of individual ownership of a car will probably be gone altogether. With autonomous driving automobiles and ride sharing being almost 30 years old, owning a $70K car that sits idle 95% of the time you own it will seem absurd

Other than work trucks and service vehicles, people will just use fleets of cars that arrive within minutes after you order them to pick you up

I don't think what I just typed is so far fetched that it couldn't become reality.

Also, I'm not sure people realize just how much this pandemic has altered traffic. I was talking to a sales manager last week and he said he used to get on a plane and fly out to Seattle, New York, Chicago - wherever to meet with an executive, sometimes the meeting would be only an hour or so, but now they've all have been forced to do it over video chat - and they'll never go back. Air travel, hotels , car rental ....and the morning commute will all be negatively affected to some degree. How much is anyone's guess.
There must be some way to make California buy all it's energy in state
Some of us are saying fuuuccckkkck you...🤣
Gas powered lawn mowers will be eliminated next..

with nothing desired but electric vehicles...kiss gas stations goodbye also..

leftists want a clean environment , for our new communist ran governments...
just like Venezuela has....

California has been buying energy from Texas for over 20 years.

You are correct if enough electric cars are put on the road, when Joe comes home from work on a 100 degree day and

plugs in his electric car it will black out the state. Wind and solar and Hydro do not put out enough power after dark.

The governors plan will not work.
Do you think they will outlaw wood stoves?
Does his plan include tractors, delivery trucks, semis, you know, all the things that make them able to live their life?
By 2035? What a coinkydink; I'm going to achieve World Peace that same year.

Anyone want to end Hunger or balance the budget? Those are still available.
Didn’t go through entire thread and someone may have already touched on this. California has rolling electrical power grid blackouts. Can’t run AC, appliances, etc. Enter 25 million electric cars that will need energy for battery recharge. Oops plugged in blew the grid, just add no transport to the list. The Gov is a worthless pile of schit, your state legislature is sophomoric in thought and moronic in action. Just remember progressive is regressive when dumbfuggs are running the show.
Then they will have to deal with the issue of where to levy taxes to pay for road maintenance and construction.
By 2035 California probably will not consider this a priority. It's a failed state, and it's going to get a lot worse.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Do you think they will outlaw wood stoves?

In some instances they already have.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

California has been buying energy from Texas for over 20 years.

They sorta survive now on a lot of electricity they buy from British Columbia in Canada...

BC has plenty of hydro electricity...more than any place in the lower 48

Hydrogen from electrolysis off of batteries to run the gas turbines that turn the generators to make electricity.

Entergy is now working with Mitsubishi gas turbine folks to effect this in an effort to get away from the use of natural gas and the resulting carbon footprint.
If they get it done, expect gas sales to be severely restricted or outlawed along with it.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
By 2035 California probably will not consider this a priority. It's a failed state, and it's going to get a lot worse.

Many have said for years that California leads the way and that as California goes so does the rest of the country.

There appears to be a pattern.......
Originally Posted by deltakid
Does his plan include tractors, delivery trucks, semis, you know, all the things that make them able to live their life?

Well, newer models of diesel tractors have DEF systems.

Step 1.
Originally Posted by 45_100
Then they will have to deal with the issue of where to levy taxes to pay for road maintenance and construction.

The folks to their North have already started taxing alternative fuel vehicles since they don't pay their "fair share" towards road maintenance. I believe VA has ended some of its eco-car bennies too.

Love it when their touchy-feely BS crashes and burns.

Nothing wrong with alternatives, where they work well, but one-size never fits all.
I don t keep up in the all electric car field but that would get rid of the hybrids like the Prius. Guy could start up a "hot charge service" for all those brain dead turds that run out of juice on the highway. Pull in frt or behind them plug in and pay by the amp. Cash only no receipts. Could be a millionaire in the land of the witless.wtf?
A lot of vehicles in California are running natural gas. Not all are electric. However, with 220v you can recharge a Tesla in 3 hours, say when you go to bed after you cool down your house, but not AC and recharging at the same time. It can be done without shutting down the grid. Also Tesla has a fairly long range depending on model, from 200 miles to 320 miles and newer models are pushing 520 miles on a charge. So commuting can be done almost all week without recharging. Like I said, in a heat wave, charging can be done late at night when most AC is cycling down.

California is getting power from a coal burning power plant in Mexico about 3 miles over the border and another coal burner in Nevada. They are also getting nuclear power from Arizona. So yeah, they can support their grid, from outside the state. Hypocritical. However, this is how PG&E is solving the problem without going solar or wind. Another However, is PG&E are getting sued for starting wildfires on powerline easements, but this is because California won't let them clear the underbrush under their power line due to some rabbits or something living under them. Neither have they let them cut forest roads and fire breaks in the forests. So uncontrolled wildfires. Stupid is as Stupid does.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Hydrogen from electrolysis off of batteries to run the gas turbines that turn the generators to make electricity.

Entergy is now working with Mitsubishi gas turbine folks to effect this in an effort to get away from the use of natural gas and the resulting carbon footprint.

Every alternative has an ecological price to pay, which is seldom mentioned when they are trotted out. The manufacture and recycling of batteries is one example. Look for a tax or surcharge on cars using those when enough of them start to age. I know that other industries like telecom have been held responsible for the mishandling of lead-acid batteries by companies they paid to dispose of them properly. Does anyone really think owners of eco-cars or their makers are going to skate on that forever?

Simple is better. Natural gas seems like the best choice right now. What's a little fracking between friends?
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I don t keep up in the all electric car field but that would get rid of the hybrids like the Prius. Guy could start up a "hot charge service" for all those brain dead turds that run out of juice on the highway. Pull in frt or behind them plug in and pay by the amp. Cash only no receipts. Could be a millionaire in the land of the witless.wtf?

How will you do that in a "cashless" society?
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Every alternative has an ecological price to pay, which is seldom mentioned when they are trotted out. The manufacture and recycling of batteries is one example. Look for a tax or surcharge on cars using those when enough of them start to age. I know that other industries like telecom have been held responsible for the mishandling of lead-acid batteries by companies they paid to dispose of them properly. Does anyone really think owners of eco-cars or their makers are going to skate on that forever?

Simple is better. Natural gas seems like the best choice right now. What's a little fracking between friends?

You’re right and no one said it would be cheaper. It never is.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Bit coin trading.
Grins
I applaud Gov Newsom's latest brainstorm. It can only hasten the crash and burn demise of this formerly great state. And that is what needs to happen, then perhaps my children can begin to rebuild from the ashes. All the ingredients are here for success, climate, water, soil, minerals, energy, natural resources...but the state govt. needs to fail in spectacular fashion before the rebuilding can begin.
California's eminence at the 5th largest economy in the world didn't spiral down to third world status because we ran out of any of the ingredients, it failed because of one party dominance. I think you know which party.
Actually, I was also referring to the environmental damage; eagles killed by turbines, landscapes marred by solar panels, etc. The damage from mishandling of toxic by-products can't be ignored either, as in the lead-acid battery mess I mentioned. It can be offshored to economically-desperate places like some of our garbage is, but the chickens will come home to roost eventually. Polluters here often get off easy; imagine how they're treated in the third world. Some Asian countries routinely tow garbage out to sea and just dump it, resulting in paper straws for California.

There are over twice as many people in the world as when I was born, maybe three times. A lot of the stuff being obsessed over now is small potatoes compared to the really big problems like food, water, garbage, and maybe sewage. Right now in Chinese cities, people have to throw their used TP in the trash instead of flushing it to avoid overloading their sewage system. Imagine the fun when ol' Gavin tells the good people of California that they're gonna have to do the same.🤢
electric cars are not the answer yet ,but thats ok in California its a chit state anyway.

Isnt that perpetual motion?

Been buying it from Nevada also, but they are coal fired and will be closed by 2031. Someone will be building natural gas as it is cheaper anyway and cleaner.

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

It might serve a similar purpose, but it's not greenbacks. And because it's digital, there'll be a record of it somewhere, should "they" decide to look for it.
I’m hopeful that a 9.0 will happen along the San Andreas and spur a coastal submarine landslide on Hawaii’s big island. There’s nothing wrong with CA and the west coast that can’t be healed with some shake and a splash. A 1,500’ tidal wave will put the fires out and wash all the dirt away.

They won’t need any cars or trucks afterwards.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I’m hopeful that a 9.0 will happen along the San Andreas and spur a coastal submarine landslide on Hawaii’s big island. There’s nothing wrong with CA and the west coast that can’t be healed with some shake and a splash. A 1,500’ tidal wave will put the fires out and wash all the dirt away.

They won’t need any cars or trucks afterwards.

I've got a relative moving out of there in late Oct. Two others already in AZ. The last one will be an issue, although they keep trying. And I keep sending them real estate ads.

I'm WAY on the East side of the San Andreas, and WAY to the North of where it runs into the ocean. As long as the shakin' doesn't set off the volcanoes around here, I'm pretty safe.............I hope.

OH, not to worry, the relatives that have moved, or are trying to move, are all MAGA type folks.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
California Banning Sales of Gas Autos

The progressive fascists are insane. They want to control every aspect of our lives. Using the unproven Global Warming theory as justification. The envio-mentally ill at work.

How are they going to stop people from buying new used cars out of state? Like a business that adds just enough miles to make a new car be “used”.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
California will halt sales of new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks by 2035, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday, a move he says will cut greenhouse gas emissions by 35% in the nation’s most populous state.

The proposed rule would not ban people from owning gas-powered cars or selling them on the used car market. But it would end the sales of all new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks in the state of nearly 40 million people.
.........According AOC planet earth only has 12 years left and that was about a year ago....So by 2035 all mankind will be gone anyways....LOL...LOL
Gypsywind: Seven years is NOT very long to foresake that pit of vipers (kalifornicationkopia)!
I last set foot in that den of inequity just over 30 years ago when the police marching drill team I was a member of was invited to lead off the huge parade there in San Francisco.
kalifornicationkopia is easy to ignore if you set your mind to it!
No disneyland (in kalifornicationkopia!) for me and the VarmintGrandChildren, no yosemite, no high sierras, no redwoods, no kalifornicationkopia side of Lake Tahoe, no NOTHING to do with kalifornicationkopia - EVER.
Sadly there might be a few decent people left in that once wonderful place - but if they are to stupid to move themselves out of that hell hole then they can suffer right alongside with the cretins who caused the chaos/idiocy/self destruction!
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
VarmintGuy, Setting aside your hatred of all things California for a moment, and just concentrating on your central theme of, "move away, you damn fools" (I'm paraphrasing). The Pilgrims moved from England but the British Crown followed them to the New World with more oppression. Following your logic...I get the idea that you would have advised the residents of the original 13 colonies to move away, rather than stage a revolution, from King Georgies governance as well. Have I got that right?

Doesn't matter that all that is alive. Just say it and keep saying it and Newsome is your next President.

And I'm guessing you meant "all that is a lie". (friggen auto correct or voice to text??)

Thanks for catching that, I'll correct.
Originally Posted by kennyd

Isnt that perpetual motion?

Batteries do die and require rebuilding.

About the only thing that I can recall being even close to perpetual is The Minto Wheel.

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

It might serve a similar purpose, but it's not greenbacks. And because it's digital, there'll be a record of it somewhere, should "they" decide to look for it.

Point taken.
I can also add that our brainless governor will probably try the same thing, as he has never had an original thought in his life. WA is already experimenting with charging a mileage, because they are losing tax dollars due to the electric and hybrid cars. They did the first stage by handing out little additions to people's cars, reading the mileage and computing what they would pay in taxes. Do not know what happened, as I have not heard any results from the test, but, I would think that, because they have not released any data, it did not meet their increased requirements.,
Gonna put a Repeal Gavin Newsome sign in my yard tomorrow.

Hope they try and steal it.

Haha, Henry's? That [bleep] don't hardly ever come off anything it touches. Good idea.
Let's look at the economic impact of no new car sales in California. That would mean that almost 1300 car dealerships would close. 255,000 employees would lose their jobs and the state would lose $8.3 Billion in sales tax's alone. Another $2 Billion in state income tax's from those employees. That will be $10 Billion in tax's lost in a state that is bankrupt. All of this from the National Dealers Automobile Association using 2019 data. The automotive industry will fight this with all its worth. I doubt this will stand, if enacted.

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

Point taken.

In California, you could take 9mm ammo instead of cash.
Barter!
Newsome huh. That's what happens when syphlis attacks the brain.
I have a better idea. How about banning Gavin Newsom as governor and further banning him from any public job higher than janitor.
Paul B.

Thanks for catching that, I'll correct.

No need for me, I've gotten quit used to it.

Someone I know is in college taking animal classes, has a mare care class. Every time I text "mare" the friggen phone changes it to made. As if 'mare' is not a genuine English word.

Technology rules, eh?
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

Point taken.

In California, you could take 9mm ammo instead of cash.
Barter!

Ranger,

I'm sure THAT would never happen wink wink
So...If I have this right, a state that can't keep the electricity on without rolling blackouts or shutting it down altogether when there are fires and also is trying to abolish all forms of generating electricity by dams, coal or nuclear now says all cars have to be run on electricity?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So...If I have this right, a state that can't keep the electricity on without rolling blackouts or shutting it down altogether when there are fires and also is trying to abolish all forms of generating electricity by dams, coal or nuclear now says all cars have to be run on electricity?

I have it on good account they are going to gather up all the Unicorn poo and, when enough is gathered to reach critical mass, all we have to do is plug the two ends of the high tension wires into the pile and electrons will flow freely.

As the Unicorns poo more, it will be added to the pile and they expended stuff will be used to fertilize the gardens where free food for all will grow.

This really isn't hard to comprehend.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire