Home
The Tide pod challenge was bad enough. Now we have a Benadryl challenge. Are these kids completely brain dead?

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday released a warning over serious health issues, and even death, tied to higher than recommended doses of over-the-counter antihistamine drug diphenhydramine (Benadryl).

The warning was prompted by a dangerous fad on TikTok, which beckoned teens to partake in a “Benadryl challenge,” or taking doses to the point of hallucination. The death of a 15-year-old Oklahoma teen was associated with the challenge, as well as numerous other hospitalizations, per reports.

“We are investigating these reports and conducting a review to determine if additional cases have been reported,” the FDA wrote, adding that it also contacted TikTok and “strongly urged” removal of the videos from the platform."
The short answer, RC, is that we already have.
Well thank God they made it harder to OD from Hydroxychloroquine huh ?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Tide pod challenge was bad enough. Now we have a Benadryl challenge.Are these kids completely brain dead??

Sadly,,some will be
Thankfully my three sons are adults and not idiots. That said, there has always been idiots...
But it certainly seems that the idiot tree has bloomed spectacularly lately.
I d say yes,judging by the idiot kids i see,yes.
Benadryl challenge was soooooooo last month.
yeah, lot's of idiots being raised in order to fit them into the system.

who was it who designed the system for it to be the way it is?

maybe that's why modern day politics is so strange.

they have to appeal to a bunch of disparates.

otherwise the "other side" will win.
A dude I used to work with in about 1980 did crazier schit than that. He and his buddies used to shoot up beer. And they used to break open those Vick’s inhalers and draw up the liquid from that saturated material inside, and shoot that stuff up too.
Kids have always been idiots, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If you want them to be something other than idiots, it'll require some effort. I'm not shocked that kids are being idiots, I expect that. I am a little surprised at how many idiot older people there are. By far the stupidest and least clear thinking people I've encountered lately have been over retirement age, by a huge margin.
well these kids and the ones before them were raised by boomers the biggest drug users to walk the earth. then when boomers get old and had their fun they want the death penalty for drug dealers
Tiktok = Chinese deceit.
Thank you, Karen.
We ALREADY raised em.

They’re IN offices NOW..... much to my chagrin !! mad mad
Thank you helicopter parents.
Answer is "yes", just like every generation before us .
Parents aren't raising kids. Social media is.
They've already been raised by the Boomer generation listening to Dr. Spock instead of what the Bible taught about raising children. Now those idiots have spawned 2 successive generations, each dumber and crazier than the previous.
The proof is all around us.
Originally Posted by deltakid
But it certainly seems that the idiot tree has bloomed spectacularly lately.

social media.

Before you had to work and study hard to actually accomplish something in life to feel good about yourself and gain self esteem. Now they are constantly told by parents and teachers how special they are but deep down they know they aren't . So they turn to social media ( an addictive drug now) , for naked selfies , dangerous stunts for instant attention and empty gratification.Very few parents out their telling them what idiots they are and instead praise them.
Yep. Most humans are followers!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Benadryl challenge was soooooooo last month.

Yep, this month it’s the Tylenol challenge.
are we raising a generation of idiots?

To quote homer Simpson, "With TV and the Internet, they practically raise themselves."
Welcome to the results of a world of single moms that didn't teach their kids schitt other than to have an emotional reaction to everything.
I'm a shift supervisor at my job, and the sheer stupidity of the guys (late teens to age 28) on my crew is nothing short of astounding. And very disturbing. They are atheists (and proud of it), hate the capitalist system and want it torn down. No work ethic whatsoever - as soon as they clock in, they ask if there's any chance they can leave early, yet they're always whining about having no money. I'm always trying to find their latest hiding spots, and ordering them to get back to work.
I actually had the 28 year old approach me and say that he might have to go home. I asked him what the problem was, and he said the other guys were talking smack about his favorite comic book character. That's right - 28 years old! And no, he didn't get to go home! I could go on for a few more paragraphs, but you get the idea.

I document these exploits for my supervisor, and she shrugs and says, "I know. I hate 'em all." That's the support I get.

Thankfully, I'm out with knee replacement surgery, and won't be back until next year. Couldn't be happier!
Originally Posted by antlers
A dude I used to work with in about 1980 did crazier schit than that. He and his buddies used to shoot up beer. And they used to break open those Vick’s inhalers and draw up the liquid from that saturated material inside, and shoot that stuff up too.

Excuse me, beer is live and shooting it up would likely result in death or serious impairment.

Won't even entertain the Vicks inhaler thing.

I am working on the theory that most people are just basically stupid.
The Tide pod challenge was bad enough. Now we have a Benadryl challenge. Are these kids completely brain dead?

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday released a warning over serious health issues, and even death, tied to higher than recommended doses of over-the-counter antihistamine drug diphenhydramine (Benadryl).

The warning was prompted by a dangerous fad on TikTok, which beckoned teens to partake in a “Benadryl challenge,” or taking doses to the point of hallucination. The death of a 15-year-old Oklahoma teen was associated with the challenge, as well as numerous other hospitalizations, per reports.

“We are investigating these reports and conducting a review to determine if additional cases have been reported,” the FDA wrote, adding that it also contacted TikTok and “strongly urged” removal of the videos from the platform."

Perhaps you should take a few minutes to recall all the stupid things you did as a kid.
The kids are idiots because most of their parents are idiots. The nuts don't fall far from the tree. The biggest difference is the internet. Lots of stupid stuff 40-50 years ago too. But the info wasn't spread as far and fast
There were plenty if idiots to go around when I grew up back in the 1950's and 60's. They're just better at communicating their stupidity to each other now, thanks to the electronic umbilical cord that connects them together 24/7. Back then, the really stupid stiff happened at places like Woodstock and Haight-Ashbury!
By and large, yes.
When I was a kid I always wanted to be building something, I'm 59 now and still am that way. I had two brothers and 2 sisters that never were interested in doing much except watch tv. They never really changed. I see more of that today in that kids are not even interested in getting outside or trying to build anything, like a tree house. They spend allot of time glued to the phone. We have two grandkids we're raising and I get tired of busting their butts to do something other than look at that little screen but it needs to be done. I think allot of it is that parents don't want to make their kids mad at them so they let them do what they want, for the most part. So they grow up without thinking much through. We that learned to shoot when we were young and honed our skills back then retained it. It was easier to learn then compared to now. Just imagine how much easy learning these kids are missing out on because nobody expects much from them. Allot of them have nobody that cares though.

I'm my kids best friend!
Darwin at work. Parents need to take a greater interest in raising their kids.
I blame the Internet mostly. How many times have you seen something and said to yourself "who the Hell thinks this schit up???" Well, they get these stupid ideas online. We only did stupid stuff that we thought up on our own or saw on the 3 channels of TV we had. I graduated first in my class, but I split my head open jumping a bunch of logs on my Schwinn because I saw Evil Knievel jump stuff on TV.
No. We did.
Look how many fell for the mask BS.
More like a country of idiots. Look how many fell for the whole C19 hoax -the hozx being that it is something more than another flu.

There is a reason only some "statistics" (much of it phony) on the Covid are published. The majority of the country is too lazy , stupid, or incompetent to do simple per capital percentages to properly assess the risk to themselves.

Just ran some this morning for Alaska (6 deaths reported later today not included.)

Percapita we have a .96% tested positive rate overall, and an .006% death rate. Nor do they mention underlying conditions anymore.

Gotta keep the Chicken Little up....nd yeah, I wear a mask if a business requires it, and do the sensible stuff as well. It's a "social graces" thing.....

They`re most likely the offspring of the dumb a$$e$ that were huffin airplane glue back in the 70`s smile

Short answer? YUP
"We" are not raising them, and No, not 'a' generation, bulk is about two lost generations born on or after 1980.
I'm in high tech in a small company. We have a few kids outta college a few years. I gotta say they are pretty sharp and hard workers. All have their heads screwed on pretty good.
We have mass quantities of idiots precisely because they were NOT raised. To raise a child means exactly that. To elevate them from the helpless stage they were born in, turning them into responsible and successful adults. It takes work. And intelligence. And maturity. Things that have been in short supply in many parents for several generations now. So now we get 1984 mixed with Idiocracy. Enjoy the ride...
Child raised by Mommy only, liberal school system, electronic screens...A Darwin perfect storm.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by antlers
Excuse me, beer is live and shooting it up would likely result in death or serious impairment. Won't even entertain the Vicks inhaler thing.
Heroin and crystal meth are commonly cut with baking soda, iodine, sugar, sulfuric acid, talcum powder, red phosphorus, powdered milk, hydrochloride acid, starch, lithium metal, laundry detergent, and even rat poison...and IV drug users shoot that stuff up too.
© 24hourcampfire