Home
Posted By: gunzo Yer tastebuds change, - 09/25/20
Or, it just takes time trying stuff. Last year I had a a Gin & tonic w/lime. Enjoyed it. Surprised as I dated a woman years ago that ordered vodka & tonic when I would order vodka & club soda. Both ith a lime twist. The waitress would usually get our drinks mixed up & my woman & I could always tell the diff. I didn't like hers. She didn't like mine. Now, years later, tonic is very acceptable. So is Gin.

Now? a summer drink maybe, but very good. Tonic, as well as club soda is hard to keep around & keep it fresh, but the same with limes.

The bourbon drinkers might have it easier with just ice or cola needed. But I screwed up any future bourbon drinking for me as being stupid & getting poisoned eliminates any future indulgence, trust me, can't stand the sell of it 40 years later.

Just thoughts on Friday night relaxing at home.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/25/20
That tonic water got quinine in it, too. Might help if you catch a whiff of the COVID.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
A health drank. Has a certain ring to it .
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
Can't hurt.
Posted By: rong Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Can't hurt.

Can if ya have 10
grin
A fella can fight off scurvy as well. Benefits abound.

One thing, quinine can case blurred vision. Chit, all this time I thought it was the other things.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
Wtf is wrong with you?
Posted By: dale06 Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
Try plain Bacardi rum and tonic, with a good squeeze of lime.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wtf is wrong with you?

Pretraining to what? There might be be many things, but one of the things wrong with me is I can't read minds if that's a fault, but I'll try to help if you can be more specific.
Originally Posted by dale06
Try plain Bacardi rum and tonic, with a good squeeze of lime.

Rum, sugar, lime juice & ice was said to be the original Daiquiri, the favorite of Hemmingway. When I was in the Bahamas I thought it to be a natural, but the locals kept wanting to give me some icee thing.

The original is very refreshing.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wtf is wrong with you?

Well? specifics?
Posted By: mlschnei Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
A) use good gin (Bombay Sapphire) which I am drinking now or Tanquery.

B) Don’t give up on bourbon. When I was 19 I killed a half bottle of Old
Crow on a $5 bet. Swore off whiskey for 40 years. I kinda like it now.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
I sure had WL Weller and Crown Royal turn on me. Have a few, wake up in the AM and drink coffee and feel like schiett all over again. I mean feel like schiett from tip of hair to tip of toenails. Was getting so i was having hangovers at work. [bleep].

PTL an old rancher who lived 25 miles from town told me blended whiskey was poison.

He was right. You can find out the easy or hard way. I switched to his Evan Williams and was saved.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Yer tastebuds change, - 09/26/20
I love Canadian whisky and water or a good bourbon, but you give me scotch of any kind, top shelf $300.00 a bottle is no different than Cutty Sark to me. I'll puke after one drink. It is like Kryptonyte to me. Nasty!!
Bowhunr, PM sent
© 24hourcampfire