Home
i suspect that it's going to stay set in the sub-arctic, since there's big game there, which was not true of the other sites that they've used. So I say you need the 3 lb block of salt, a slingbow, so you'd have the option of using baked clay balls as "ammo" for shots not worthy of an arrow. I'd want the 12x12 tarp, half of it being reflectorized, half of it being clear PEVA shower curtain, so you can make a supershelter out of it in an hour. That requires the big roll of duct tape, but the tape is useful for many other things. I'd want a two-person rope hammock, for making cordage and netting. I'd want the snarewire and the fishing kit. A -30F, $300 synthetic sleeping bag is needed as a backup, in case you dont get the 2" of snow needed to make an igloo. That's 8 choices. Here's the link to the gear choices for seasons 7 and 6. There's a small change or two and 7 doesnt list all of the other stuff that they give you, like a couple of tarps, bear spray, life preserver, air horn, etc.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/gear-list

https://www.google.com/search?q=alo...1529j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-
Ronco Pocket Pussy...
I haven't watched more than a fraction of one show, but I think the whole premise is stupid.

After all, they all bring a TV film crew, don't they?
why are you on this forum when you dont know anything about camping?
Originally Posted by lonee
why are you on this forum when you dont know anything about camping?

Why are you on this forum, except ta pimp a show?

He's a new bee..........

give him a shot.....
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I haven't watched more than a fraction of one show, but I think the whole premise is stupid.

After all, they all bring a TV film crew, don't they?

No, they don’t. It’s all self filmed. And they all complain about the level of difficulty it adds to gathering game/food.

Watch the show. It’s decent. Funny at times but [bleep] goes wrong and it gets kinda funny at times.
i"ll post on a dozen different topics a day, just watch, maybe twice that much.
The Starvation Show.
hustler mags and lotion.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
hustler mags and lotion.

You'd freeze to death in a week, die of drinking bad water within 3 days.

Moronic posts don't prove much.

But, keep swingin. You might hit sanity, sooner or later.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

you oughta know, being the voice of experience that you are.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

you oughta know, being the voice of experience that you are.

Strike one.
[bleep] your strkes and you with them.
Strike two.

But, what gold and silver would you take for the alone show?

Prefer bars, coins? numismatics?

Loser.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Ronco Pocket Pussy...

Gawd dammit...
Was thinking the same thing when I seen the title.

LOL!!!

Thanks, but we already have Wabigoon to fill that niche.
hustler mags and lotion.

Maybe, but he'd die happy.
Welcome to the Fire lonee.
Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?
I have seen the promos, but I never sat and watched a single episode.

Heard Donnie Baker taking about it. That’s all I know.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have seen the promos, but I never sat and watched a single episode.

Heard Donnie Baker taking about it. That’s all I know.

Who?
Hang on i’ll post a pic

lol

Originally Posted by slumlord
Hang on i’ll post a pic

lol

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]
alone and NA are not the same at all. Alone pays 1 mill to the person who can last 100 days and you get to take a lot of clothing and gear, but it's done where it's cold. No guns, steel traps, cable snares, no lures, no rods or reels. A very small gillnet, 25 fishooks only. YOu have to video yourself at least 8 hours a day and while doing anything of import. That means you have to lug around 30 lbs of camera gear all the time. They are stuck in a 1.2 mile radius of their drop off points.

My background is that I was raised on a farm with no electricity or running water. I served in the Army for a couple of years in the early 70's. I've CCW'd since I was 16, have shot hundreds of critters with ccw guns and loads. i"ve placed in the top 10% of in about 150 IPSC matches, to include US Nationals and World shoots. I"ve been a gunsmith, machinist, truck driver, loan officer, welder, manual laborer, carpenter's helper, I gave up on shotguns in 1978, on revolvers in the 80's. Ive owned a few DA autos, a few double stack mag autopistols, but never would again buy either. i"m a cocked and locked SA autopistol guy. Ive shot about 1/4 million rds, 90% of it thru SA autopistols, about half of that .22lr, nearly all the rest of it being cast lead .45 ACP's.
Originally Posted by add

Thanks, but we already have Wabigoon to fill that niche

So now you'll have two. I'm dead certain that I know more than him. You'll see..
I've studied survival intensely all of my life, practicing whatever seemed practical. I've yet to see anyone on this show who knows more than Boy Scouts knew when I was a kid The producers must pick them carefully for their ignorance. They all "think" that they want/need a fire in their shelters and half a dozen have burned their shelters as a result, one gal did so twice! :-) Almost all of waste way too much time on their shelters and never have one that's worth a hoot. Because they "think" that they want a fire, they have to leave lots of vent holes, choke on smoke and of course, freeze their butts off cause all the heat goes out the vents.The people who follow the show intently are of course even more igooant. with 2 exceptions, out of 70 guys, they've all just starved, and I mean losing 50 lbs in 60 days type starved. They make exxusses like "lonlienes and tap out. The onnly 2 who've managed to eat adequately had no such problems! :-)
I've studied survival intensely all of my life, practicing whatever seemed practical. I've yet to see anyone on this show who knows more than Boy Scouts knew when I was a kid The producers must pick them carefully for their ignorance. They all "think" that they want/need a fire in their shelters and half a dozen have burned their shelters as a result, one gal did so twice! :-) Almost all of waste way too much time on their shelters and never have one that's worth a hoot. Because they "think" that they want a fire, they have to leave lots of vent holes, choke on smoke and of course, freeze their butts off cause all the heat goes out the vents.

[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]
Originally Posted by add

So now you'll have two. I'm dead certain that I know more than him. You'll see..

But unlike you, Wabigoon's a kind, intelligent, decent gentleman.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by add

Aaah, may want to check your quote function, bish...
Edit, much?
Bic lighter

Polartec Jacket

Wool Blanket

Bottle of Whiskey

A good knife

A 44 magnum to kill any animals that want to eat me before I die of hypothermia
almost none of that is allowed I posted the gear list for a reason. Maybe, if you weren't so lazy, you could look at it and not look so ignorant with your next post? It's worth a try, anyway.
Originally Posted by add

that's too bad, he' wont last long here, that being the case.
almost none of that is allowed I posted the gear list for a reason. Maybe, if you weren't so lazy, you could look at it and not look so ignorant with your next post? It's worth a try, anyway.

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by add

that's too bad, he' wont last long here, that being the case.

He's an well established, and respected member. We give him exactly what he gives.
I've studied survival intensely all of my life, practicing whatever seemed practical. I've yet to see anyone on this show who knows more than Boy Scouts knew when I was a kid The producers must pick them carefully for their ignorance. They all "think" that they want/need a fire in their shelters and half a dozen have burned their shelters as a result, one gal did so twice! :-) Almost all of waste way too much time on their shelters and never have one that's worth a hoot. Because they "think" that they want a fire, they have to leave lots of vent holes, choke on smoke and of course, freeze their butts off cause all the heat goes out the vents.The people who follow the show intently are of course even more igooant. with 2 exceptions, out of 70 guys, they've all just starved, and I mean losing 50 lbs in 60 days type starved. They make exxusses like "lonlienes and tap out. The onnly 2 who've managed to eat adequately had no such problems! :-)

Well, I'm sure we all look forward to you edumacating us. We've been waiting for someone smart to come along!

...He's baaaaack again...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...le-choice-of-the-alone-show#Post14366984

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/68935

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...Search/true/re-hes-baaaaack#Post14359577

https://armslocker.com/gun-talk/59162-firearm-expert-internet-troll.html

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/the-legend-of-gunkid-gecko45-and-specops.311818/

https://multigun.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/the-return-of-gunkid/

Good call

I was leaning DIY guy
I started a grass fire with some wooden matches in the middle of August one time. The fire department was less than thrilled.
hustler mags and lotion.

Water can't kill Stx.

Water can't kill Stx.

No...but salt water might.

Waitig to be educated is the bane of knowing anything. Ayn Rand said that the guy who taught people to use fire was probably burned at the stake, and the guy who invented the wheel was probably torn apart on a rack. that's how people are. 90% are just the dead weight in the keel, which the sail has to drag thru the water.
i
If you check out the Reddit.com and most forums, everyone is all hung up on the idea of having such a wonderful shelter and then they starve. The Kochanaki supershelter is all you need and Ideally, you want an igloo, where it's cold. You wont be doing anything in side of the shelter, anyway, especially one that's full of smoke! :-) So keep it small, so you dont waste your body heat or the heat put off by the hot stones. You dont want a fire inside of your shelter, or to have to constantly keep a fire going, because you lose so many calories processing and hauling wood. People who dont even understand THAT mch win only by being fat and/or lucky
it's too bad that this place is so lacking in knowledge about camping and survival, Nobody's got anything but dog chit to say.
Well Lonee,
There is another Alone show coming up, why don't you sign up and show everyone how it is done?
You being such a know it all
hustler mags and lotion.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Does a "case" of Scotch count as 1 item... or 11?
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Well Lonee,
There is another Alone show coming up, why don't you sign up and show everyone how it is done?
You being such a know it all

I've applied for every show since the first. They dont want anyone who'll teach everyone else how to make it last 4-5 months. Every day it goes on costs them 10s of thousands of dollars in liability insurance and the rescue crews being kept on-hand.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

If you're too damned lazy to follow the link that I provided, and see what the options are, why comment at all, hmm? Doing so is just showing your ignorance and laziness to the entire world.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

If you're too damned lazy to follow the link that I provided, and see what the options are, why comment at all, hmm? Doing so is just showing your ignorance and laziness to the entire world.

Phugger... now I need a Kleenex
how do they keep all the batteries charged? i didn't see it mentioned, if it was i missed it.

very cold day and night and the lights and batteries work? must be a whole box of batteries available.
they get visits once a week by a team that weighs them, checks their vitals, gives them re-charged batteries and new video cards, and takes their used up batteries and their recorded video. It takes a long time to get info about the show. It's dribbbled out here and there over dozens of channels, and forums, spread out over years.
hustler mags and lotion.

Water can't kill Stx.

hitchhiked from san antoino to corpus once, had no problem drinking the water from the bar ditch.
hustler mags and lotion.

Water can't kill Stx.

hitchhiked from san antoino to corpus once, had no problem drinking the water from the bar ditch.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Water can't kill Stx.

No...but salt water might.
i respect the salt...
some people have survived having their parachutes not open, too. Wanna risk it, when there's a million $ riding on it and a hospital might be 48 hours away, or more, depending upon the weather?
they get visits once a week by a team that weighs them, checks their vitals, gives them re-charged batteries and new video cards, and takes their used up batteries and their recorded video. It takes a long time to get info about the show. It's dribbbled out here and there over dozens of channels, and forums, spread out over years.

aha. that's something that always puzzled me given the frigid weather. also explains why there's a "minimum" of accidents, disease etc.

enjoy watching those shows. given there's only snippets of the real complete picture. their individual personalities usually show through sooner or later.
a lot of them are complete wusses, chosen just for that 'quality". When the rescue crews only have to check on 4-5 guys, it lightens the load and they can do more of the camp chores and video-editing. There's usually 1-2 per season, chosen cause they seem able to last 60 days, letting the producers get enough video to produce a dozen half-arsed shows. If they have not managed to get set up to reliably be harvesting at least 10,000 calories per day at the 3 week mark, they''d better go on back and save their day job, cause they just aint got what it takes to win, other than by being fat and lucky. This being 250 lbs and and just laying around ought to be against the rules. I've been quite surprised that nobody's come down with pneumonia, etc. There's been one pulled over drinking brackish water, several over injuries, a couple for not cooking meat/fish well enough. When I had to do 8 nights of walking 15 miles of RR track per night, in mid february, sub-freezing in Illinois-indiana,, without much in the way of gear, I got pneumonia. I'ts not a joke.

One thing I found to be hilarious on Season one was Mitch pretending to be dying of thirst. Vancouver Island gets 140" of rain per yet, most of it in fall and spring. all you have to dig a 1 ft deep hole and wait an hour and it'll be full of drinkable water. You DO, however, have to know to not take that water from the flatlands near the sea, as one dumbass found out the hard way.

It's never been frigid for them on vancouver isladn and certainly not for the first half of mongolia or patagonia. They were gone within 2 weeks of the first freeze in Mongolia. This last season, the final 3 faced some truly cold temps, but if they'd known to make igloos, out of 2 inches of snow, and scored the 200,000+ calories that can easily be harvested with the nets made out of the 20x20 tarp and the rope hammock, paired with the pontoon outrigger raft (takes one day to make) the netting totals 2000 sq ft, of 3" mesh, or 900 sq ft if all of it is 1.5' mesh. and it takes 10 days to make it all, doing little else. however, you can put a baited net weir out for waterfowl in 2days, or the same for fish in 4 days.
How long does it take to make an igloo in 2" of snow?

mike r
a day, half of that can be used upgathering the branches. If you've already got the pile of brush or boughs, the rest takes half a day. cover the wood with a tarp, kick snow onto chunks of tarp or your jacket, plaster it onto the tarp, starting at the bottom, going round, like laying courses of bricks. when you get the 4" layer on, sprinkle on some water, forming crust. Go gather more snow. Repeat. 2x, 12" thick walls. The dummy contestants take 1-4 weeks, to make shelters that wont shed rain and which require a fire inside of them. :-)
the other two items should be a Cold steel shovel, modified to have 8" of real saw edge, and a highly modified Crunch multitool. when you know how to make EFFICIENT shelters, you dont need to cut, haul and process lots of wood, wasting all of that time and calories. These 2 tools very efficiently replace the belt knife, axe and saw that almost everyone "thinks" that they "need", saving one gear-pick. You dont need the ferrorod, cookpot, paracord, or gillnet, either. On vancouver Island, in patagonia, and in mongolia , they'd never have needed the sleeping bag, if they'd known anything. They left before it got to +10F. That's nothing, given all the clothing they get to take.
i'ts amazing how ignorant people are about how many calories you need when you're living rough in the cold, and how few calories wild food has. Fish offer 650 calories to the lb, and only a bit more than half of a fish or animal's live weight is edible flesh. You need 3000 calories a day if you mostly hole up as a big man, if you dont want to lose any body weight. CAN you choke down 5 lbs of fish every day, for 100 days, even if you COULD catch that many? crabs are 3/4 inedible, and the meat, ready to eat, offers just 400 calories per lb. So you'd have to catch 30 lbs of crabs per day, every day, if that's all you have to eat. That's a 5 gallon bucket full or more.
few clubs around you could catch more than thirty lbs of crabs.
the people on that show can barely fill a pail of water, dude. They'd need the crew from biggest catch and the boat to catch 30 lbs of crabs a day.
just make sure you have a can of raid, it kills crabs.
you'd probably try to live by eating them. That's about your speed.
I Invented crab fishing.
Hey Looney......GET !

PUSSEE
A helicopter, a bar, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleading squad, a hot tub, a rifle, a grill, a house, and a few other sundries. Easy peasy.
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
A helicopter, a bar, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleading squad, a hot tub, a rifle, a grill, a house, and a few other sundries. Easy peasy.

just another lazy dip who can't be bothered to follow a link and find out what the gear options are, much less have a clue what to do with any of it. But just GOTTA post SOMETHING.
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

just another lazy dip who can't be bothered to follow a link and find out what the gear options are, much less have a clue what to do with any of it. But just GOTTA post SOMETHING.

Nobody cares, Lonee.
I won the initial preliminary season of the show. Spoiler- It's fake and gay
the debarked Chihuahua is the best survival alarm you can have
A Blond, a Brunet and a Redhead 25 to 26 years of age. I might not last long but I would leave happy and with a smile on my face
A chair , a TV, and 8 TV dinners.
typical bunch of ignorant losers here, lonee. You're wasting your time with this place.
Originally Posted by billyd
typical bunch of ignorant losers here, lonee. You're wasting your time with this place.

You got back soon.

Ah... the life of a troll.
A .45 and 9 rounds in case certain troll or trolls are encountered. Mercy killings aint all bad.

Yeah, I could not resist.
I'd just bring some juicy blackmail info on the producers. No other items required for the "luckiest" time ever.
hustler mags and lotion.

If he skipped the lotion he could start a fire !
A way to purify water, a good sleeping bag, a tarp, an axe, a knife, fire starter kit and about 100 lbs of extra body fat. Don't know why all these folks start the show skinny. They have no margin for error smile
water filters are not allowed, so you have either make one or boil your water. They give you 2 tarps, do you want another? Best take more than your 6 items, or you're going to freeze and starve long before you get to 100 days. The fattening up thing is cheating in the worst way and shouldn't be allowed.
Originally Posted by las
A .45 and 9 rounds in case certain troll or trolls are encountered. Mercy killings aint all bad.

Yeah, I could not resist.

Better dedicate 50k for instruction and ammo, as well as all of your spare time for 2 years, cause that's what it would take for you to have the slightest chance.
1) .460 Wby

2) .460 Wby ammo

3) a gunbearer

4) a sexy blonde

5) plenty of rubbers

6) food

7) water

8) tri-pod

9) more rubbers

10) did I mention a sexy blonde?
when you cant even read the title of the show, why even comment?

"Make that three hard boiled eggs!”

Cause I can.
© 24hourcampfire