Home
Posted By: bobinpa videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Why do the video ads play on their own???? Why do I have to get aggrevated by stupid F'ing ads and videos when I log in here? WTF??????
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Never had them until today. Not thrilled.
Posted By: Oakster Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
yeah, that is lame.
Posted By: add Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Running AdBlock and yet there. they. are... curious.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
I rarely watch videos on the web because of my hearing. How do I keep them from playing automatically on Foxnews and other sites? Foxnews has an autoplay off setting but it only lasts until I leave the page, then it's back.
Posted By: bbassi Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
These CarbonTV ads are what drove me away from sites like long range hunting. I thought I was going to have to abandon this one also but I think I got it figured out with ABP. You have to block the element (video) without blocking the area around the video. if you block the whole area you will lose this quick reply window also. It took some phugging around but those POS videos are gone for now.

FWIW I can't for the life of me understand how that type of A$$hole marketing does anything other than drive away potential customers. Reloading the same video every Phugging time you change pages is enough to drive people Postal.
Posted By: Craigster Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Originally Posted by Oakster
yeah, that is lame.

Yeah, and so are the actors.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Originally Posted by bbassi
These CarbonTV ads are what drove me away from sites like long range hunting. I thought I was going to have to abandon this one also but I think I got it figured out with ABP. You have to block the element (video) without blocking the area around the video. if you block the whole area you will lose this quick reply window also. It took some phugging around but those POS videos are gone for now.

FWIW I can't for the life of me understand how that type of A$$hole marketing does anything other than drive away potential customers. Reloading the same video every Phugging time you change pages is enough to drive people Postal.

Thanks! It's working now
Originally Posted by add

You can adjust your add blocker to kill them.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Rick Bins gotta eat fellas. laugh
Posted By: add Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by add

You can adjust your add blocker to kill them.

So, AdBlocker is dumb?
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: videos on the screen - 09/26/20
No problems here running Firefox. However, the additional space at the top of the screen and in the middle of threads is annoying to repeatedly have to scroll past.
© 24hourcampfire