Home
What you do is melt the lead core out of 230 gr hardball bullets and replace the lead with epoxy. the resulting bullet weighs 60 grs. You have to use so much Alliant Bullseye powder, just to work the slide with such a lw bullet, that the charge amount scares a lot of guys halfway to death :-) Hint, it's over 10 grs.
DIY Guy?
[Linked Image from medicinemandenver.com]
[Linked Image from images1.westword.com]
Originally Posted by slumlord
DIY Guy?

No...one hand guy.
Interesting. I assume you’ve done it. There would probably be no deformation, but would it fragment?
Originally Posted by lonee
What you do is melt the lead core out of 230 gr hardball bullets and replace the lead with epoxy. the resulting bullet weighs 60 grs. You have to use so much Alliant Bullseye powder, just to work the slide with such a lw bullet, that the charge amount scares a lot of guys halfway to death :-) Hint, it's over 10 grs.

How much is George paying you to post stupid stuff here?
the ignorant are always shooting off their mouths. you' have no idea. 8 grs of BE wont even cycle the slide, even on the Officer's ACP These super lw bullets get going so fast and easy that no other powder has enough "octaine" to work the slide, at any charge amount, even compressed charges.
lonee seems to be reaching out to us for help. Tell us where you are lonee and we'll send the nice men with a white jacket for you to wear.
Find lonee, he here somewhere.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Sounds like an interesting guy. I'd like to see him stick around.

His posting style reminds me of someone who was on here a few months ago. I don't remember the username unfortunately.
Originally Posted by dodgefan
His posting style reminds me of someone who was on here a few months ago. I don't remember the username unfortunately.

One of the other fellas reckons it is that cunt satir.
There was like this super awesome unbelievable crazy YouTube video about a guy that took a 12-gauge shotgun shell and poured out all of the lead shot... then put in an AA battery instead.

I mean Wow...
"Posting Style"

Is that the redheaded stepchild of forensic analysis?
Originally Posted by CashisKing
"Posting Style"

In this case it is more "posing style".
Originally Posted by JSTUART

That's the one I was thinking of.

"Posting Style"

I didn't know what else to call it. All I knew is that he seemed awful familiar.
"Posting Style"

If falls under the category of "Textual Criticism". If the fine are of comparing BS levels between texts and see how they line up.

In this case it goes all the way to:

The whole sock puppet thing is extremely weird to me. It's like some gun dude wanting to dress up in drag and run around as a transvestite...

Why?

It puts lotion on its skin or it gets the hose...

"Posting Style"

I didn't know what else to call it. All I knew is that he seemed awful familiar.
syntax
Originally Posted by stxhunter

"Posting Style"

syntax

Yep that works better. Don't believe I've ever used that in a written sentence before.
It’s obvious you all are good at catching this kind of stuff.
but that's all they are good at, so why give them anything?
Hey lonee, you can get even more speed with a wad of tinfoil instead of your epoxy bullet! And you don't even have to buy bullets to make 'em! Wowsers, huh?
You one up’s Liberty ammunition. They claim 78 grain @1900 FPS
that's a wussy load, actually. Mag Safe's .45 ammo was hotter than that, and their cop-only SWAT .45 load was a lot hotter than that. PPS had a 100 gr solid copper hp at 2000 fps in the late 70's. It would be completely safe in today's fully-supported barrels.
Lonee, don’t be a pussy. Bullseye is for wimps. C4 if you can find it, dynamite otherwise.
I've considered pulling .22 bullets and trying that powder. It's probably faster burning. with tapered bores, no rifling for the first inch or so, and a big hollow base cavity, the skirts of the hollowbase open out to seal the bore, the bullet starts easily, with no rifling resistance, the final 2.5" of rifling gives adequate accuracy and the skirts at the base of the bullet swage down to take the rifling. Probably get 60 grs to 2400 fps in a 5" 1911, with 2" of free bore.
© 24hourcampfire