Home
it's quite easy, you can do so in a day.and have the walls be 12" thick, with a cold sink at the doowway and a right angle crawlway entrance. The quickie one, for icefishing, need not have all the refinements if you're not going to live out there.a properly made igloo is 50F degrees warmer than the outside temps, just because of your body heat. That's why you want it, so you dont have to use any firewood for warmth. Saves a TON of time and calories.
They make a pill for that.
Originally Posted by lonee
it's quite easy, you can do so in a day.and have the walls be 12" thick, with a cold sink at the doowway and a right angle crawlway entrance. The quickie one, for icefishing, need not have all the refinements if you're not going to live out there.

Got any pictures Gunkid?
Cliff Clavin...dat you ?
nah, it never snows here. Ice storms we do get, sometimes.
And another thread of inane blather you started without addressing any of the BS that you are called out on in other threads.
so is two inches of snow a reflection of global warming, or is just a reflection of what might happen in any given year.

we get snow, but when the ice storms the local electric power companies get busy, often asking for help.

damn big ole trees that have been codified into the local communites can wreak damage.

power lines and big ol trees that nobody will cut causes power outages.

when i have a power outage i crank the wood stove, and heat it up.
FFS
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
And another thread of inane blather you started without addressing any of the BS that you are called out on in other threads.

nobody's called me on anything punk. People have asked me about the 2" of snow, so EASAD and die, like you should
Originally Posted by Gus
so is two inches of snow a reflection of global warming, or is just a reflection of what might happen in any given year.

we get snow, but when the ice storms the local electric power companies get busy, often asking for help.

damn big ole trees that have been codified into the local communites can wreak damage.

i can remember, 50 years ago, getting no more than 2" of snow all winter, in Illinois. I dont believe that there's anything to be done about global warming, other than nuke all the third worlders. They are causing 70% of it.
Originally Posted by 257_X_50

nobody's called me on anything punk. People have asked me about the 2" of snow, so EASAD and die, like you should

You have been called out on Bell’s nickname
And most of your other threads BUCCKO

Lol

You can’t go back and answer the call outs.
You are too wrong BUCCKO
You know what I do when I want to be warm? I go in my house. I don't build an igloo, sleep under an overpass, or hide in my mama's basement. I do this because I'm a man that has more sense than God gave a goose.

Good luck in life...

i can remember, 50 years ago, getting no more than 2" of snow all winter, in Illinois. I dont believe that there's anything to be done about global warming, other than nuke all the third worlders. They are causing 70% of it.
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Gus

Illinois snowfall 1970.......27”
most means over half. That means 50 threads, so you're fos.
most means over half. That means 50 threads, so you're fos.

50 threads?

The 70s were the snowiest decade on record.

Illinois.edu
If you build your igloo when it is 0*F outside and it is 50*F warmer inside won't it melt?

mike r
There's snow, and then there's snow.

2 inches of dry powder, temp near zero, wind 20+ mph.....ain't nobody making no igloo.
Lonee....what state do you live in ?
somebody said I'd posted over 100 of them, so "most' has to mean over 50 threads. Nobody's got that sort of ability, other than me, of course.
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

lower midwest. Why?
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

2 inches of dry powder, temp near zero, wind 20+ mph.....ain't nobody making no igloo.

just cause you are ignorant doesn't mean everyone is. You pile up brush, cover it with a tarp, plaster the snow onto the tarp. , Mix water with it, sprinkling it onto the snow and you can get any consistency of snow that you want. Now dont you feel stupid?
70s still the snowiest on record. Some years over 100”

just cause you are ignorant doesn't mean everyone is. You pile up brush, cover it with a tarp, plaster the snow onto the tarp. , Mix water with it, sprinkling it onto the snow and you can get any consistency of snow that you want. Now dont you feel stupid?

You ain't 'plastering' no powder snow on a tarp, or mixing it with water at temps near zero, and colder with a 20+ mph wind chill.

Where do you come up with this sh-it???
In this country, your best bet would be to find a draw with a solid old drift, and dig a snow cave.

Nobody is making an igloo out of powder.
Wikipedia said to just pile it all up.
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Delusion, he's the Governor.
United States of Me.
In this country, your best bet would be to find a draw with a solid old drift, and dig a snow cave.

Nobody is making an igloo out of powder.

This^^^
Just cause you can't even sprinkle water on snow doesn't mean nobody can. How'd you like to put your money where your mouth is? i"'ll be you a year's pay I can do this. no problem. we used to do it as kids. I go up to illinois to see an old friend every year. 0F is nothing much. I used to have to feed cattle and move them to the pond or the well in -20F as a kid, with just 2 sets of clothing, pos cotton gloves, coveralls and a hat.
ok. its a bet. c'mere.
Originally Posted by Sprint11

you need a LoT more snow and work to do it that way and you have to wait for it to solidify for several hours, or it'll collapse on you when you try to tunnel into it. Even then, it wont work with powder.
I'll do it on video this winter, Rick can hold our money. I clear 24k a year, now that I'm retired. have fun shytting out of your second a hole, cause i"m gonna tear you one, dumbass.
Originally Posted by Sprint11

you need a LoT more snow and work to do it that way and you have to wait for it to solidify for several hours, or it'll collapse on you when you try to tunnel into it. Even then, it wont work with powder.

Nah, just pee on it.
I figured you for being nothing but a big bag. and I was right. it takes many gallons of water.
Or hot air.. That's why you're soooo good at it.
Just cause you can't even sprinkle water on snow doesn't mean nobody can. How'd you like to put your money where your mouth is? i"'ll be you a year's pay I can do this. no problem. we used to do it as kids. I go up to illinois to see an old friend every year. 0F is nothing much. I used to have to feed cattle and move them to the pond or the well in -20F as a kid, with just 2 sets of clothing, pos cotton gloves, coveralls and a hat.

You don't know what you don't know.

Hopefully you never need to survive in your powder snow igloo. I suppose since you can get by overnight in cammies and a watch cap, down to 0 degrees F, you will be fine....lol
phonee is an expert at workin with 2 inches.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
phonee is an expert at workin with 2 inches.

Good one.

laugh

50 years ago was the snowiest decade on record.

Illinois.edu.

Why do you lie and say there was 2”?
Welcome Mr. MacGyver! You seem to know how to make the most out of 2 inches.
"Sprinkling" water on snow when its near zero......yeah i could see how that would be efficient lol. Where is said non frozen water to be sourced from and how do you propose moving said water in needed quantities without getting yourself wet? In a survival situation Id rather spend my time and energy on something more effective than moving cold azz water around!
it's quite easy, you can do so in a day.and have the walls be 12" thick, with a cold sink at the doowway and a right angle crawlway entrance. The quickie one, for icefishing, need not have all the refinements if you're not going to live out there.a properly made igloo is 50F degrees warmer than the outside temps, just because of your body heat. That's why you want it, so you dont have to use any firewood for warmth. Saves a TON of time and calories.

Not rocket surgery my girl and boy kids did this in the back yard when in middle school.
© 24hourcampfire