Home
A former federal agent who survived a cartel ambush in Mexico in 2011, where his partner died, set a world record by successfully making a 2010 yard handgun shot. Using a 10 mm handgun and standing without the help of a bench or rest, former ICE agent Victor Avila struck a target more than a mile away as part of a series of endeavors to give back to the community.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/20...-record-for-worlds-longest-handgun-shot/

WOW!
IMPRESSIVE!!! Let me guess though one of our recent resident experts probably taught him to shoot..:)
Well of course. He’s using a 10mm. 🤠
10mm Creedmoor I'm sure.
Size of target?

How many spotters.

Wonder what bullet profile?
Originally Posted by kelbro
10mm Creedmoor I'm sure.

No doubt! 😜
Didn't Lonee do it first?!
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

He’ll be along shortly to tell us about how he did it at 2 miles with a Lorcan 25 acp. 😜
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

He’ll be along shortly to tell us about how he did it at 2 miles with a Lorcan 25 acp. 😜

Bwahahahaha!!!!
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
IMPRESSIVE!!! Let me guess though one of our recent resident experts probably taught him to shoot..:)

Lonee or SACharlie I think.
Flave?
Not to rain on the parade, but I'd technically call that a rifle shot, a very short barrelled rifle, but still a rifle shot. The firearm had a butt stock, was shoulder fired, and utilized a scope. Still impressive, I'm sure I couldn't grab my favorite rifle and make a called shot at a mile, but in this case the fly chit needs to be picked from the pepper.
10 mm sales will skyrocket now😆
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Not to rain on the parade, but I'd technically call that a rifle shot, a very short barrelled rifle, but still a rifle shot. The firearm had a butt stock, was shoulder fired, and utilized a scope. Still impressive, I'm sure I couldn't grab my favorite rifle and make a called shot at a mile, but in this case the fly chit needs to be picked from the pepper.

I'm amazed the bullet even gets there, did you see the elevation on the scope mounts?
Pretty amazing.

That’s a heck of a shot with a rifle on a bench too. smile
I’d like to know more about the bullet design and the ballistics.

Wouldn’t that shoulder stock setup be illegal for regular Joes?
Obviously an illegitimate offspring of Elmer Keith?
10MM AI, I'm sure.
Pure luck. How many missed?
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm amazed the bullet even gets there, did you see the elevation on the scope mounts?

11sec. ToF.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I did that 20 years ago with a Raven 25acp, of course I was a lot younger then.

A pretty hefty lob............
Originally Posted by ironbender

11sec. ToF.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just for the halibut, I ran a 200 grain bullet, .199" BC, at 1050 fps.

Drop at 2000 yards is 21,094 inches, almost 1760 FEET, or just short of 600 YARDS of drop.

1262 inches of wind drift for a 10 MPH wind, or 126 inches of wind drift for one MPH at 2K.
Interesting, but why?
Originally Posted by aalf

Just for the halibut, I ran a 200 grain bullet, .199" BC, at 1050 fps.

Drop at 2000 yards is 21,094 inches, almost 1760 FEET, or just short of 600 YARDS of drop.

1262 inches of wind drift for a 10 MPH wind, or 126 inches of wind drift for one MPH at 2K.

Pure skill for sure!
Who was it that asked how many misses? I'm thinking a lot more misses than hits.
© 24hourcampfire