Home
Posted By: Kenneth66 Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Just walk in our kitchen , canning jalapenos. Deep breathe opens the breathing up right now .
Kenneth
Posted By: hanco Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
I grow them, give them away. They burn my ass up.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Dont get any on your dick
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
I made the mistake of canning jalapeños on with out rubber gloves. Never again!!!
Posted By: Old_Tucson Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
My grandfather worshipped at the altar of Vicks. He figured if you were blind, crippled, or crazy,Vicks could cure it. Hell I remember him making me swallow globs of it when I got a sore throat. Miss him.
He taught me more about life than anyone. For being a man who left Mexico because he knifed 2 men, to this day he is the most proper man I have ever known.
George
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Originally Posted by hanco
I grow them, give them away. They burn my ass up.

Serranos are less dangerous.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Originally Posted by Old_Tucson
My grandfather worshipped at the altar of Vicks. He figured if you were blind, crippled, or crazy,Vicks could cure it. Hell I remember him making me swallow globs of it when I got a sore throat. Miss him.
He taught me more about life than anyone. For being a man who left Mexico because he knifed 2 men, to this day he is the most proper man I have ever known.
George

They probably needed it.

They used to take quite a bit of powered lead ingestion down there. Made for some weird birth defects and eyes. They also thought kids with crossed eyes were inhabited by evil spirits. Its caused a lot of misery and greif for the poor kids.
Posted By: MarkinGA Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
I have heard some folks use Vicks are a hemoroid cream..........supposed to give that cooling methol feeling.......not something I would recommend!

Mark in GA
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: night_owl Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
In Latin America (or Miami) if you want to be understood; ask for "Viva Perú".
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hoeley moely!
George

I have heard of old folks around here in my community, (church oldsters) say they put on the soles of their feet to pull a fever down and reduce other common cold symptoms.

Hmmm
If they made Vicks in suppositories, my mother in law would shove em up her ass
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
If they made Vicks in suppositories, my mother in law would shove em up her ass

Does she rub it on the bottom of her feet too?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Now I see the post above.
Menthol acts as a mild narcotic which might explain the popularity of menthol cigarettes in particular ethnic groups.Menthol Wikipedia
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
I have heard of old folks around here in my community, (church oldsters) say they put on the soles of their feet to pull a fever down and reduce other common cold symptoms.

Hmmm

Put it on the soles of your feet before you go to bed to calm a cough. It works. Put a good amount on each sole, then put socks on.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
George

Maybe knifing those men was the proper thing to do.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
Lonee melted the snows of Kilimanjaro and saved a heard of White Rhinos with 1/2 jar of Vicks.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
George

Hmmm

My wifes Mexican grandmother would slather it on her feet and pull on some wool socks. That one made it down 2 generations.

I remember the old vaporizers ;that had a little well to add Vapo Rub for a little extra punch.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
When we'd get sick mom would put a glob in boiling water and make me breath it with a towel over my head for better effect. It'd scare you so bad you claimed you were cured. Rubbed it on my chest too. Makes it harder to get to sleep. LOL Grandma used to put a few drops of whisky in a tablespoon full of Honey and give it to me. Mom got the recipe backwards and put a few drops of honey in a tablespoon of whisky. Makes you smile a lot.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
I always wondered what the hell Ray Wiley Hubbard meant in his song "Outlaw Blood" Listen to it.

My mom always used to put it in the vaporizors, 50's-60's.
Originally Posted by AZmark
I always wondered what the hell Ray Wiley Hubbard meant in his song "Outlaw Blood" Listen to it.

Mine too
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/27/20
I don't wear gloves , then went out and did some push mowing . By the time I rounded the lower corner of the dog pen was working up a good sweat .
Breeze caught the cut grass and blew it in my face and eyes , wiped the grass and sweat from my eyes with my hands , red alert , red alert !
kept mowing but it was a bitch with eyes watering and stinging , switched directions mowing , SOB , got me on the other end of the yard .
And yeah , I used my hands again , slow learner I guess .
Kenneth
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
My Mom was a fan of Musterole, It made vicks feel like tap water.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
Originally Posted by AZmark

Mine too

Mine too. 80's. Works. Never had to eat it though.
Posted By: nugget Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
They say Vick’s will cure ED,just rub it on the little feller and watch him grow,let me know if it works
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
Boy I thought my grandparents were the only ones that made you eat some of it!
Posted By: wldthg Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
It can be used as a bug repellent
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
Last time I used it was to keep a dog from licking his stitches out.

He never touched them again.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
always had some in the house as kids, got rubbed on the chest when we were sick.
Posted By: GRF Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
OSU Sig you hit the nail on the head. The Vick’s on the soles of your feet under a pair of socks really knocks down a stubborn cough and lets one sleep better with a cold.
Posted By: ring3 Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
Older country Doc told my former employer to put Vick’s under his finger and toe nails at night. Said it would cure the fungus that was discoloring and making them thick. Gnarled looking things, yellowish brown, cracked and thick. Month or two later his nails looked better. Six months later the fungus was gone.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
Dont get any on your dick

Spoken from the voice of experience?
Posted By: WVGuy Re: Vicks vapor rub - 09/28/20
Originally Posted by MarkinGA
I have heard some folks use Vicks are a hemoroid cream..........supposed to give that cooling methol feeling.......not something I would recommend!

Mark in GA

It works. It is not near as bad as it sounds.
© 24hourcampfire