Home
Posted By: Just a Hunter Marlin to Ruger - 09/27/20
I've recently read Ruger is putting in a bid to buy Marlin. Could be a good thing if it happens.
Posted By: EdM Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/27/20
Link?
Posted By: ihookem Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
Ruger has 100 million dollars in cash sitting there.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20

Maybe they could fix it.........

after Remington screwed the pooch.......
Posted By: marktheshark Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
At least thread #4 on the subject
Posted By: joken2 Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/r...on-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/

Remington Asset Bids Revealed: Ruger Gets Marlin, Vista Gets Remington Ammo, Franklin Armory Gets Bushmaster, Sierra Gets Barnes

The bidding process for the sale of most of the assets of Remington Outdoor, Inc. is now complete. The debtors — Remington — have selected the successful bidders for each asset or asset bundle, along with backup bidders, and you can read the complete court filing here which details all of the assets purchased.

The bankruptcy court still needs to approve the successful bids, but they are as follows:

• Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;

• Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

• Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

• Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

• JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;

• Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

• Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.

The hearing to approve the winning bids will take place on Tuesday, September 29. Watch this space.

Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I've recently read Ruger is putting in a bid to buy Marlin. Could be a good thing if it happens.

Makes sense. Ruger has never been a player in the lever action market.
Posted By: JCS271 Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Makes sense. Ruger has never been a player in the lever action market.

Ruger model 96 is a lever action.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Ruger has never been a player in the lever action market.

Marlin might not be much of one after Ruger gets done with it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
Originally Posted by marktheshark
At least thread #4 on the subject

Wait for varmint guy

And wait for people that posted on this thread who will forget; and then will post on said varmint guy’s ‘scoop’
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/28/20
First I’ve heard of it .......
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Just got an email from Ruger. The part in bold print at the end may give some clue as to their plans for the Marlin product lines they intend to keep.

[Linked Image from files.constantcontact.com]

Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Not a bad thing, from where Marlin was.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
It should be about 5% better now.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just got an email from Ruger. The part in bold print at the end may give some clue as to their plans for the Marlin product lines they intend to keep.

That’s awesome. Ruger will be chambering those for bunches of different cartridges I bet.
Burying the Remlin........

Birthing a Muger ........
Posted By: Gus Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
for an astute collector of blue and walnut, what are the best options showing themselves?

i sold way too many gold trigger .35rem's back in the day.

but i was trying to keep up with shifting demand.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
I'm sure there will be all kinds of options for lever rifles.... a choice of tactical black or pretty in pink adjustable synthetic stocks. Picatinny rails. Light mounts. Threaded muzzles. Flash suppressors. Muzzle brakes. Everything you need on a lever gun.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Burying the Remlin........

Birthing a Muger ........

I got this by 2 days over on the Ruger forum. The official term is Ruglin.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
I wonder if Ruger will be investment casting or machining the Marlin receivers?
Marluger
Rulin
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by Stophel
I'm sure there will be all kinds of options for lever rifles.... a choice of tactical black or pretty in pink adjustable synthetic stocks. Picatinny rails. Light mounts. Threaded muzzles. Flash suppressors. Muzzle brakes. Everything you need on a lever gun.

Mossberg already has that market cornered..............
Posted By: tzone Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
I like the move.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Maybe they could fix it.........

after Remington screwed the pooch.......

Rem had a bad start with Marlin that's for sure. But after the smoke cleared, it was reported that Marlin was in not so good shape when Cerberus bought them & dumped them into Remingtons lap, and.... the Marlin machinery was worn out.. Rem did stop production & evaluated the situation & supposedly corrected it.
Word on the street at the time said Rem wound up with a good product. Sales after that picked up.
Posted By: BWalker Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I wonder if Ruger will be investment casting or machining the Marlin receivers?

I sure hope not.
Posted By: night_owl Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
I don't expect forged (or machined from billet) receivers from Ruger - not part of their culture.
I also doubt that Ruger would put the excellent Microgroove barrels on any future the Ruger/Marlin Model 60 series even though they're probably cheaper to make.
Posted By: barm Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by night_owl
I don't expect forged (or machined from billet) receivers from Ruger - not part of their culture.
I also doubt that Ruger would put the excellent Microgroove barrels on any future the Ruger/Marlin Model 60 series even though they're probably cheaper to make.

Why would Ruger make the Model 60 to compete with the 10/22? My guess would be they will kill the Model 60 much the same as Remington killed the XS7 & XL7 which competed with their 783.
Posted By: night_owl Re: Marlin to Ruger - 09/30/20
Because Marlin 22s have a following?
You might be right though.
Posted By: barm Re: Marlin to Ruger - 10/01/20
Originally Posted by night_owl
Because Marlin 22s have a following?
You might be right though.

I don't want them to do so. My gut tells me they just want to make levers to go with their single action revolvers.
© 24hourcampfire