Home
Looks like the Clarus group is set to acquire Barnes Bullets for 30 million. I wonder why? Has Barnes had money problems?
All part of breaking up Remington assets.
No Remington bought Barnes several years ago. When Remington filed for the latest bankruptcy the courts divided up Remington's assets and Barnes happed to be one of them.
it is not an issue with the individual companies, just the gutted parent.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

There is a problem with individual companies becoming a part of a larger entity's gut.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

There is a problem with individual companies becoming a part of a larger entity's gut.

That is the way of the World these days...
Yep, Randy and Coni should have never sold out to the big company. But, at the time, the payout probably looked really good.

I was really disappointed when Remington bought Barnes.....now, I terrified as to what Sierra will do to screw-up arguably the best hunting bullet manufactured! memtb
Originally Posted by memtb

I was really disappointed when Remington bought Barnes.....now, I terrified as to what Sierra will do to screw-up arguably the best hunting bullet manufactured! memtb

If they are smart, they do nothing. Let Barnes be Barnes.

You used the posted "arguably the best hunting bullet". I guess I would argue that Hammer Bullets are better. I switched from Barnes a few years ago.
Originally Posted by AB2506

If they are smart, they do nothing. Let Barnes be Barnes.

I’d be pretty surprised if they didn’t do just that. We on this forum have been lamenting their lack of a modern hunting bullet so they went out and got one.

That’s my read anyway...
The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes.
Excellent!!! I'd rather they have Barnes than Remington..... now they have a future again.

Between the MatchKing/Gamechanger and TTSX/TSX/LRX/XPB lines, they should be good to go!!!
Doubt Barnes will be in Remington factory ammo any longer.

I wonder what will happen to the Remington Accutip muzzleloader bullets and others that are just rebranded Barnes
It's a win-win for both.

For 50 years Sierra has been renowned for accurate bullets. But the controlled expansion revolution passed them by and others are infringing on their "accurate" turf. Now they've got an excellent modern hunting bullet and one without lead. Barnes will become even more important to them if jurisdictions increasingly ban lead bullets. As for Barnes, I think they will be far better off owned by someone who understands what they do. It's a 1 + 1 = 3 situation.
Originally Posted by Remsen
The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes.

Very nice...My favorite movie...
Originally Posted by Ringman

You used the posted "arguably the best hunting bullet". I guess I would argue that Hammer Bullets are better. I switched from Barnes a few years ago.

+1
Originally Posted by shinbone
Originally Posted by Ringman

+1

I think that the Hammer’s are great bullets, and seriously considered changing. However, in my caliber, the Barnes TTSX and LRX have better BCs for the longer shots. While I may never take a shot at the ranges were this is critical/important....I’d like to keep that option on the table! memtb

This is probably the most ridiculous statement I've read in a very long time
These goes the neighborhood
the two good things from this break-up/ buy out Ruger is buying Marlin so just maybe Marlin rifles will be a better rifle again too. also the group that owns Federal is buying Remington ammo company part.

Originally Posted by tedthorn

This is probably the most ridiculous statement I've read in a very long time

Ted, I will concede that perhaps Sierra has improved their hunting bullets since the 1980’s, but I will not use my limited hunting as a test subject! I had several miserable failures with Sierra bullets reputed to be big game bullets. When tested beside another cup and core bullet, side by side in identical test material. The competitors bullet gave the classic mushroom retaining approximately 65% or original weight. To recover pieces of the Sierra bullet, would have required a screen sieve!

Ted, while the statment may have been ridiculous to you, perhaps you should venture forth and observe the comments, by many hunters that were very disappointed with the performance of Sierra hunting bullets (?) on game!
memtb
© 24hourcampfire